Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves vs Chelsea - Verdict

silverwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wolves have just not been at it this season. Defensively we’ve been suspect since China. The quality of opposition in the first two europa league games has painted over this.

We aren’t creating chances and for a counter attacking team to continually concede the first goal(s), we then give ourselves a mountain to climb.

It’s going to be a struggle this season as I suspect
1. Our tactics aren’t quite fluid enough to react to in game situations when we go behind
2. Our players don’t seem to be at it collectively.
3. An absence of pace in central defence and centre midfield leaves us open when we’re forced to come out and try and take the game to the opposition.

The good
1. Cutrone looks like a class act
2. Neto looks like he has something about him
3. Nuno will figure this out.

All in all I don’t think we’ll be relegated although current form has us comfortably finishing in the bottom half.....HOWEVER I reserve judgement until we’re 10 games in. Fingers crossed it improves sharpish

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stop being stubborn Nuno, I'd hate to see you go but I feel that there can be no complaints if things dont improve, today was dreadful, make no mistake (unlike Coady, who made a ton), do this against Palace and we are up the creek without a paddle, and Fosun aren't the types not to try and plug the hole in the boat.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doherty was our most important player last season when he played well we played well.
I love Adama but today showed we play better as a team with Doherty in the side.
- Dendoncker is offering nothing apart from running atm
- We have no pace throughout our team Adama aside
- conceding first is becoming a bad habit and it’s not helping
- Coady is having a mare

I’m hoping the reintroduction of Doherty helps even though it’s brutal to replace Adama but for the good of the team I think it’s necessary

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not just a "bad day at the office" anymore.
Nuno has built this side on being defensively organised and solid.
Everton could have scored 5, Chelsea did and they should of scored more and this isn't a great Chelsea side.
Shambolic defensively and offensively we aren't creating in open play.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disgraceful performance, regardless of the opposition. Really concerning as we haven't played well in the Prem yet apart from the odd half of football. Not many players who weren't poor but Coady in particular was absolutely abysmal. Would switch to a flat 4 as the back 3 is doing us no favours currently.

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

I think you need to look at the bigger picture.

I don't know if you know, but five years ago we were drawing to the Dog & Duck in League One and 30 years ago we were nearly out of business.

So, you should actually not complain about where we are now because it's brilliant.

It's just a blip, everyone has a blip, we're so good, we're competing for the top six. Just calm down and most of all STOP PANT WETTING, because y'know, that's how it is. *

*Think that's what I'm supposed to say, normal opinions not allowed.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disgraceful performance, regardless of the opposition. Really concerning as we haven't played well in the Prem yet apart from the odd half of football. Not many players who weren't poor but Coady in particular was absolutely abysmal. Would switch to a flat 4 as the back 3 is doing us no favours currently.
We don’t have the players for a back 4
Boly and Johnny would shine but that’s it

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you need to look at the bigger picture.

I don't know if you know, but five years ago we were drawing to the Dog & Duck in League One and 30 years ago we were nearly out of business.

So, you should actually not complain about where we are now because it's brilliant.

It's just a blip, everyone has a blip, we're so good, we're competing for the top six. Just calm down and most of all STOP PANT WETTING, because y'know, that's how it is. *

*Think that's what I'm supposed to say, normal opinions not allowed.
Hey, to be fair, I said the Chelsea game would be my barometer because we would be on equal footing, with a break being had.... and....

We are up **** creek if we don't beat Palace, who are just as bad as us.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady is an insurance policy that too often doesn’t pay out. With Neves 10 yards in front of him we are left outnumbered everywhere else. Opponents have worked this out and are now taking advantage and dominating possession pushing us back. Combined with our inability to keep the ball when we do get it we look a shadow of last season’s team. I was worried about second season syndrome but didn’t expect it to be so different to last season. Time for Nino to step up and change things. If he doesn’t it will be a long season and could end very badly.

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Last season once we got into a rythmn we looked fantastic. That was thanks, in part, to a largely unchanged side, no major injuries and no major suspensions. This season we've had a changed side due to injuries and suspensions so haven't got in to a rythmn yet. I think last season we were close to as good as we could be. I think we're more like a lower to bottom Prem side. We should be OK though.

Wardy129

Reaction score
Lots of finger pointing again but coady getting away with it? Bang average and to think people scream he should be getting an England call up. Can not defend, no pace, no height and occasionally pings a decent ball.

Attacking we’ve done nothing wrong. Scored to against the Europe league winners but again defending was embarrassing.

Please do not blame tiredness either majority of players have just had nearly a 2 week break

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suspect Nuno has a month or so to figure this out. Not sure if Mourinho would come unless promised zillions, but at least he would make us defensively solid. Our team defending today was ****e and we're lucky it wasnt 7 or 8.

We might have over-achieved last season and, as some say, are a year ahead, but that shouldnt disguise the fact our recruitment was awful (Cutrone excepted) and our tactics have been sussed. I maintain this debacle is mostly on Nuno.

Palace game looms large.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Positives - Saiss, Cutrone and MGW with a great assist.
Negatives - Chelsea looked like scoring every time they came forward.

BigSteve

Reaction score
As long as we keep singing the Cutrone song, we will not win. And nor will we deserve to.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno has to change from this dire formation, we have been found out, if he doesn't we are screwed and he will not survive the season

I have to agree unfortunately due to us not investing enough in the summer Im not sure if we have the players capable of allowing us to

D

Deleted member 3545

2nd season syndrome
Doing a Burnley
Wolves been sussed out
Over performed last season
At their true level in this league

Let’s look at who wolves have played
Leicester draw Leicester expect top 7
Man Utd draw expect top 6
Everton lose expect top 7
Burnley draw expected a wolves win
Chelsea lose expect top 5

So when you look I would say expected a draw against Everton and a win against Burnley

IMHO it’s a bit of all the above and if results don’t improve we know fosun don’t **** about

D

Deleted member 4436

We’re all over the place.

I think a combination of a ridiculous China tour, a poor poor summer transfer window and the additional games has killed our momentum.

We need to freshen things up somehow. All I would say is that we have never not bounced back under Nuno, and today’s game, as poor as we were, was lost in a ridiculous 3 minute spell of truly shambolic defending.

Positives:
- the game finished
- Traore in patches
- Doc looks sharp again
- Cutrone off the mark
- Dendoncker has hopefully been found out in the attacking MF role. He’s a CB. Useless going forward.

Keep the faith, Nuno always wins.

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
January can’t come quick enough. Have to make up for our poor recruitment this summer.
Agreed. To think how many were saying any potential incomings in the summer shouldn't replace our amazing first team, like we already had the best team in the country.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Positives - Saiss, Cutrone and MGW with a great assist.
Negatives - Chelsea looked like scoring every time they came forward.

Positive Saiss are you mad the whole left side of the defence was exposed he might as well not been on the pitch Wilen ran him ragged.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s sit back and remember that Boly was missing. That we haven’t recruited properly in the summer. That we have zero pace in midfield and that there is and never has been a plan B. We are too rigid in our strategy and I’m afraid all you will get out of Nuno is the same old same old retorts at a press conference
Throw all that in the mix and what do we have ? A ****ing full on relegation battle

Back
Top Bottom