Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rod Stewart

W

wolvesultra

This is possibly the most interesting of Laurie's comments, especially to non Rod fans:-

Wolves Managing Director Laurie Dalrymple said: “It has been 15 years since Molineux hosted a live music event, so today’s announcement is very significant for both Wolves and the city of Wolverhampton.

“Attracting top performers like Rod Stewart to Wolverhampton is part of our wider strategic plan to make Molineux a multi-purpose entertainment destination that welcomes visitors from the city and further afield.

“We will work closely with the City Council to ensure a successful event that drives local economy whilst being considerate to residents.”
Sounds good to be fair they do seem to be working with the council a lot more than before, those fan parks etc.

No massive Rod fan but surely this is good news for Wolves and Wolverhampton.

I know people worry about the pitch but if its done properly shouldn't be an issue. Some top clubs like Man City have gigs there regularly.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 4382

Ahh the days of Boarding School. When you spent 5 years avoiding getting thrashed by a middle aged women.

And now you pay 50 quid for it.
I pay a lot more than £50!!!

Reminds me of the joke-
“What is the difference between a lentil and a chickpea”

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Bizarrely, I’ve played a game against him at his house so I guess it’s only fair.

Penny bringing out the refreshments was a highlight.

Floyd Man

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bizarrely, I’ve played a game against him at his house so I guess it’s only fair.

Did Rod play? He's a bit like Planty in that respect - always fancied himself as a footballer .

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
About time we start holding a few concerts. Good move

D

Deleted member 4594

Really??!! How did you manage that Tring?

I love Rod Stewart, was he a sound bloke?

Liskeard wolf

Reaction score
Seen him perform twice at home park Plymouth. Puts on a good show. You'll love it :)

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score

I sat next to Penny at one of his concerts years ago, she was very nice

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Really??!! How did you manage that Tring?

I love Rod Stewart, was he a sound bloke?

He has a ‘celebrity’ veterans team and occasionally invites other teams to play against them on the immaculate pitch in his gardens.

I got brought in as a ringer for our veterans team who were invited there a few years back.

Didn’t speak much to him but seemed like a decent bloke. Penny was absolutely beautiful!

D

Deleted member 4594

He has a ‘celebrity’ veterans team and occasionally invites other teams to play against them on the immaculate pitch in his gardens.

I got brought in as a ringer for our veterans team who were invited there a few years back.

Didn’t speak much to him but seemed like a decent bloke. Penny was absolutely beautiful!
Brilliant.

And you’re right Penny is amazing!

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nah he peeked at Python Lee Jackson for me, although his Faces and early seventies stuff is alright, each to their own though..

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a no from me. Can we not get New Order or something?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great track though, I prefer it to Hot Legs :D
'Hot legs' is your typical Radio 2 Rod Stewart song. Bit like 'Saturday Night's alright for fighting' as representative of Elton John. Such a shame such great singers are identified by such **** songs. If only people would bother to listen to their 60s/early 70s stuff which was fantastic.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
'Hot legs' is your typical Radio 2 Rod Stewart song. Bit like 'Saturday Night's alright for fighting' as representative of Elton John. Such a shame such great singers are identified by such **** songs. If only people would bother to listen to their 60s/early 70s stuff which was fantastic.
Very true, Elton John brought out some truly awful stuff in the eighties but ‘goodbye yellow brick road’ is a songwriting master class, same as Rod really, in fact lots of artists lost their way in the eighties despite making a lot of money, grim times.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the club should be maximising revenue but in previous years we have re-laid the pitch, so i guess we are not doing that this year.
Other football/ rugby stadia have had issues with the pitch after being used for concerts.
The Groundstaff are probably not happy.

S

ShropshireLad

I think the club should be maximising revenue but in previous years we have re-laid the pitch, so i guess we are not doing that this year.
Other football/ rugby stadia have had issues with the pitch after being used for concerts.
The Groundstaff are probably not happy.
But if we're going to ground-share and a part of the stadium is up for renewal then it won't matter. ;)

Back
Top Bottom