Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rod Stewart

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Playing Molineux next summer, I’ll be ‘sailing’ into my seat in J6!!

Hope this doesn’t ruin the pitch like that bloody Bon Jovi gig did :eek:

scrufftyguy

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Is this likely to mean that any Molineux rebuilding work will be on hold?

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Good point. Possibly? Although if they were to knock the South Bank down they would just have the stage facing that way.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Playing Molineux next summer, I’ll be ‘sailing’ into my seat in J6!!

Hope this doesn’t ruin the pitch like that bloody Bon Jovi gig did :eek:

Probably only find out what damage will be done to the pitch after the groundsman gets the mower on it directly after the gig as after all " The first cut is the deepest ! "

T

themanwhobuiltthemoon

Good point. Possibly? Although if they were to knock the South Bank down they would just have the stage facing that way.

If they're building behind the South Bank and then joining it up with the current stand (as Liverpool did with their main stand) it shouldn't be an issue to have people sitting in there. The stage would have to be at the north bank end though as they'd need all that space behind for the trucks/rigging/backstage stuff. Hefty job, putting on these stadium shows.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saturday June 8th - 2 Pre-Sale ticket windows for STH’s and Members during next week, with Tickets on General Sale a week today.

The first gig at Molineux since Bon Jovi in 2003 and gives my absolute love of Little Mix no excuses, considering they are planning a European Stadium Tour for the upcoming 5th album!

W

wolvesultra

Will he use the whole ground?

Honestly not sure what Rod does ticket wise these days but know he played Shrewsbury's ground a few years ago so would have thought he's at the level of smaller grounds so maybe if work was going on in the Southbank it wouldn't matter.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if Adama Traore will be attending as he has proved every time he comes on that " Blondes have more fun " and the way he blows past defenders he certainly has " Hot legs " !

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Celtic, but he might be the Robbie Keane of the music world

In the song " You're in my heart " Rod sings the line " You're Celtic, you're United, but baby I've decided your the best team I've ever seen " These lyrics were written before Nuno created the current Wolves line up making the above totally out of date as we all know who are now the best team ever seen !

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t imagine anyone calling Nuno ‘baby’ and getting away with it

D

Deleted at request of member 4337

He's often wearing a Celtic top never heard of him being a.man u fan

cowshed

Reaction score
I am sure he was referring to Colchester when he sung about United, hes too sensible to be a manc fan

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good lord, we havent had such a dinosaur like that playing at Molineux since Paul Ince was huffing and puffing round the midfield. Its a "no" from me.

gewolf

Reaction score
This is possibly the most interesting of Laurie's comments, especially to non Rod fans:-

Wolves Managing Director Laurie Dalrymple said: “It has been 15 years since Molineux hosted a live music event, so today’s announcement is very significant for both Wolves and the city of Wolverhampton.

“Attracting top performers like Rod Stewart to Wolverhampton is part of our wider strategic plan to make Molineux a multi-purpose entertainment destination that welcomes visitors from the city and further afield.

“We will work closely with the City Council to ensure a successful event that drives local economy whilst being considerate to residents.”

S

ShropshireLad

He used to have a very voice and his songs are quite good, imo, but from what I've heard recently he's been struggling. Didn't the poor chap have an operation for throat cancer?

Entertainments is one of Fosun's financial interests so perhaps we'll see more of this kind of event in the future.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I went to see 2Cellos a few weeks ago, I'd love to see them at a packed out Molineux, would be fantastic......can you sort it please Laurie ? ta

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seen him twice recently at the NIA, got the missus on ticket watch for next week ! not to fond of his American songbook approach but what a backlist !

Back
Top Bottom