Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Vs. Blackburn Rovers (A) Teams & Comms

Novawolf1

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I read the other day he's the one working with Thewell to recruit the new manager or at least finalise the recommendation to Shi...

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So you would keep a player that you admit had a mare today against one of the poorest teams in the league. He has had several mares this season.

The pairing is better.Iorfa is a much better centre half than he is a fullback.much better than hause.The defence in general needs to be stable,instead of chopping and changing.

1LtJohnJDunbar

I remember some used to give Mick credit when he did the same...namely start with some of our better players on the bench, then when he realized his mistake and threw them on, they¨d sometimes save the day, and Micks fans would point out how great it was of him to change the game tactically.
Edwards did nothing brave tactically today. In fact, even after bringing Tex and Cavaleiro on, he still persisted with a holding midfielder in a cautious 433.
Are you saying they weren't good changes to make and didn't get us back in the game or were you watching a completely different football match? No I thought not. You're just coming on the internet and trying to act controversial behind a shroud of mystery and anonymity.

Did you honestly think after the way results have been recently Edwards was going to go out there like this is a game of Fifa hit right on the D pad three times and throw everyone into the box? Only a complete retard would throw everyone forward with the state of our defence at the moment and risk getting countered.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyway Dubwolf.who are you saying should replace Danny.Don't tell me Hause and Iorfa because they are even worse together.Williamson is still crocked,oh I forgot the outstanding Stearman.:eek:

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyway Dubwolf.who are you saying should replace Danny.Don't tell me Hause and Iorfa because they are even worse together.Williamson is still crocked,oh I forgot the outstanding Stearman.:eek:

This is the biggest issue for me, and it's been an issue for a long time. It was an issue before we sold Stears, and is still an issue now he's back and not even playing. We need a good, experienced central defender and captain, someone who can perhaps pair up with Danny, or have Danny on the bench if not a good pairing. Danny is ok as part of the defence, but I think it's too much for him to lead the defence, do his own job on the pitch, and captain the whole team. Perhaps someone like Saiss should be made captain.

This and another out and out striker, and an experienced Manager, and I think we will be in good shape.

A

AlexWWFC

Are you saying they weren't good changes to make and didn't get us back in the game or were you watching a completely different football match? No I thought not. You're just coming on the internet and trying to act controversial behind a shroud of mystery and anonymity.

Did you honestly think after the way results have been recently Edwards was going to go out there like this is a game of Fifa hit right on the D pad three times and throw everyone into the box? Only a complete retard would throw everyone forward with the state of our defence at the moment and risk getting countered.

To be fair if we had played Iorfa in the centre and CBJ at left back we would of had the pace there to deal with counters... It would of been less risky than sitting back which is when defensive structure gets brought into question as what happened today.

To sit back you have to be a really strong defensive unit... Attacking teams don't tend to be that good in defence hence why they defend from the front. But as you said this isn't Fifa

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I bet Luisao and Talisca are gutted their move never came off

Sutton

Reaction score
In hindsight Luisao would have made such a difference this season. To go from him to Stearman was probably the biggest mistake of the summer and we are paying for it now.

With what we have now I would go Stearman and Iorfa CBs with Silvio and CBJ at full-backs and give them a run of games. Saiss and Coady (captain) in front of the back 4 with Tex, Cav, Costa behind Dicko or Dadi. We need to pick a team and stick to it and that is about the best I reckon we can put out until Jan (or until Graham, Williamson return).

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Draw your away games and win your home games. Job done!

Soho Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
To anyone suggesting Rob Edwards as Manager/Head Coach there is your answer:

index.php

Please god no.

Please.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To anyone suggesting Rob Edwards as Manager/Head Coach there is your answer:

index.php

Please god no.

Please.

As you dont say who you wouldnt have picked its a bit difficult to judge why you conclude as you do.

Wallace was a big call -as perhaps was continuing with Hause.

Who would Big Sam have picked ,or Pearson or any of the others ?.

Who would you have picked more to the point ?

Warrington_Wolf

Reaction score
Just back from Blackburn. Seen a lot of the comments on twitter and had a quick glance at some of the post-match threads. Seems like Batth and Edwards are getting stick as usual. That's not how I saw the game at all, thought it was Hause at fault for the first goal by using his wrong foot to clear the ball. Some quick ratings:

Ikeme - 6 - Nothing he could have done for the goal, made a sharp save to tip one past the post. Got away with one near the end of the half when he dropped one off a set piece.

Doherty - 6 - Conway had him on toast. Still did the simple things well and tried to support going forward when he got chance

Hause - 5 - I don't know where the idea that he is a footballing centre-back has come from. Looks incredibly uncomfortable on the ball and on several occasions went to clear the ball with the wrong foot, one of which directly led to their goal

Batth - 6 - Looks like he is the new scapegoat now that Dave is playing well. Though he was relatively solid, won most of the aerial balls and got rid when required

Borthwick-Jackson - 6 - Good to have him in the team as he is comfortable on the ball and has the engine to get up and down the pitch. Sometimes struggles with the physicality of the Championship however I think the break from the team has done him good

Saiss - 5 - He certainly isn't the midfield enforcer I thought he might have been after the Newcastle game. He is loathe to go into a full blooded tackle and was ponderous and extremely wasteful on the ball. No surprise to see him substituted

Coady - 6 - Was tidy today and got up the pitch well to support the forward players which is important when only playing 1 up front. Always going to be question marks about whether he brings enough to the team in terms of goals and assists, especially if playing alongside another less creative player such as Saiss

Edwards - 7 - Played well again today. He really has stepped up and made himself counted this season when some leadership has been needed amidst all of the changes at the club. Having his most consistent run of games that I can remember at any point during his time at Wolves. Gave his all and tired towards the end. He gets stick from all sides but as far as I'm concerned he is the least of our problems at the moment. Top pro and top bloke

Wallace - 4 - Not a good performance from him. Looked off the pace and was wasteful with the ball. Can't be easy for him coming in and out of the team and never seeming to get a run of games in the team. Needed to take his chance today but sadly he didn't

Costa - 6 - Always a chance when he is on the pitch. He is technically very good and has a great turn of pace. Sometimes drifts out of games but he had a good last 20 minutes. Could have been a bit more clinical with his final ball at times

Bodvarrson - 4 - Shocking again. Doesn't win anything in the air and ball just isn't sticking to him. Backed out of the physical contest a few times today. Don't know whether he is carrying a bit of a knock but he definitely doesn't look like the same player as he was in the first 6 weeks of the season

Subs:

Lonergan - 7 - Great save with his feet to deny a certain goal and was steady

Teixiera - 5 - Attitude stinks. Looked moody, spent much of the time sulking and throwing his arms up in the air and didn't do his fair share of tracking back. Undoubtably a good player technically however not one you want to be in the trenches with when you are under pressure and in a difficult run of form as we are at the moment. The sooner he improves his work ethic and understands that you don't get free-kicks for minor infringements the better and he will be a real asset

Caveliero - 6 - Looks sharp and quick. Certainly done enough for a start against Derby in my opinion

Overall, thought a draw was fair however we got into enough good positions and had enough chances to have nicked all 3 points. Was very interested to see who Edwards went with today. Surprised to see that Price wasn't even on the bench, don't know if he's injured. For me, I think Hause is the problem at the back and I would take him out and pick a back 4 that we are prepared to stick with for a run of games. My biggest gripe with Zenga was his constant tinkering with the back 4 (sometimes in the middle of the game as well) which meant that there was no chance for them to settle.

P

Paul76

Our centre midfield...not been able to play creative, attacking football since 2008.

Mick, TC, Stale, Saunders, kenny Jackett (should have kept him for the transition period) and Zenga.

Wolves run by clowns.

Nuff said.

Soho Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As you dont say who you wouldnt have picked its a bit difficult to judge why you conclude as you do.

I posted this in the "Rob Edwards team for Blackburn" thread, maybe you missed it?

Bod Dicko
Cavaleiro Tex Costa
Saiss
CBJ Batth Iorfa Silvio
Ikeme

You can defend Rob Edwards all you like, but the evidence is clearly there for all to see.

The Eternal Flame

Reaction score
If I never saw Hause in a Wolves shirt again after last nights game it would be fine by me Woefull performance. We can all make mistkes but this guy made a seasons worth in one game! Absolute donkey. Should still be with the u23s at best.

D

Deleted member 4456

I thought it was painful to watch, to be perfectly honest. Here are my ratings:

Ikeme (7) / Lonergan (7)

Doherty (6) - Batth (3) - Hause (4) - CBJ (6)

Saiss (6) / Teixeira (6) - Coady (4)

Costa (7) - Edwards (7) -
Wallace (3) / Cavaleiro (6)

JDB (5)
Starting XI -

Ikeme: Couldn't have prevented the goal. Looked flappy at crosses. Didn't really have a great deal to do in truth.

Doherty: Struggled with his full back. Didn't link up effectively enough with his winger.
Batth: Nowhere near his man for the goal and completely at fault. Should've been sent off.
Hause: Decision making far too slow. Painful to watch in possession.
CBJ: Positionally naïve. Didn't link up effectively enough with his winger.

Saiss: Substituted for some baffling reason. Better than Coady at least.
Coady: Anonymous except for the times he popped up in the box to take a shot. One memorable opportunity spannered wide from 10 yards out.

Costa: Our only source of quality in the first 60 minutes or so. We didn't get him into the game often enough.
Edwards: Rescued a point for us. Other than that, see the other 252 rating threads regarding Edwards for details of how he played.
Wallace: Congratulations on being yesterday's raffle winner. Not a Championship-standard footballer for me.

JDB: No shortage of effort but still seems to be carrying some sort of injury.

Subs -

Lonergan: Made an excellent save with his feet. Not overly busy after the 60th minute or so.
Teixeira: Added forward impetus. Perhaps should've come on for Coady instead.
Cavaleiro: Also added forward impetus. Needs to be starting games from now on.

Others -

Rob Edwards: Not really ready for management at this level yet. Needs to earn his stripes.
Officials: Better than of late.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The stick Batth is getting yet Hause plays for England u21's that's depressing

Seriously how anyone can say he's a ball playing ch is beyond me

B

Berrysafroregrown

Any new manager who drops him and Batth would get my backing.

And then all would be well. We would be unbeaten for the rest of the season, winning the league with a month to spare. And everybody would live happily ever after.

Except those people who would have lost their favourite scapegoats. They would be very unhappy, possibly finding that their main reason for living had been taken away. Their lives would have no purpose any more. What would they do to try to give meaning to their humdrum existence? The consequences could be tragic and I'm sure you didn't even consider this when making that infantile statement.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I would have played our best attacking line up for a start!

Tex in the hole, Bod uptop with Costa and Cavaleiro either side.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, he scores goals for the team. It's astonishing that some of you don't realise or appreciate this.

Maybe many people think, having a player that effects the game for the whole game might mean we might score more, concede less and control the game more, over a player that for large parts of the game is anonymous.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jack Price and Saiss holding

In an ideal world yes. Wont happen though until we get a head coach who isn't too cautious to put out his best attacking line up and ball playing players.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In an ideal world yes. Wont happen though until we get a head coach who isn't too cautious to put out his best attacking line up and ball playing players.

The weirdest thing is. Price is not only decent on the ball. But really good at blocking angles and intercepting the ball. Price stataistacly is ahead of Coady and Edwards on ball recovery per game.

Of course he won't push up the pitch but do you want that, or would you rather have him and Saiss holding giving the front 4 freedom to play a bit and have the full backs push up?

B

Berrysafroregrown

Maybe many people think, having a player that effects the game for the whole game might mean we might score more, concede less and control the game more, over a player that for large parts of the game is anonymous.

No one player controls the whole 90-odd minutes;it's a team game, remember? And, prior to actually scoring, DE almost scored with a clever flick ( wrong run? laughable! rather he was the only one prepared to get into the box to try to make something happen ) and had a couple of half-chances. Hardly anonymous. He and Coady looked the only players likely to score.
And this person who protects the defence, runs the midfield, creates numerous chances in every game and also pops up with goals on a regular basis. Who is he?

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No one player controls the whole 90-odd minutes;it's a team game, remember? And, prior to actually scoring, DE almost scored with a clever flick ( wrong run? laughable! rather he was the only one prepared to get into the box to try to make something happen ) and had a couple of half-chances. Hardly anonymous. He and Coady looked the only players likely to score.
And this person who protects the defence, runs the midfield, creates numerous chances in every game and also pops up with goals on a regular basis. Who is he?

They don't but they do a lot more then what Edwards does.

Edwards flick would have been good if it worked. But what if he timed the run better. Instead of ending up past the goal and only having the option of a flick, he could be deeper and get an actually at goal which would be a lot easier to score.

Also, Edwards doesn't really control games does he or even create chances?

How many assists does he have after 10 years at Wolves playing as an attacking midfielder?

B

Berrysafroregrown

They don't but they do a lot more then what Edwards does.

Edwards flick would have been good if it worked. But what if he timed the run better. Instead of ending up past the goal and only having the option of a flick, he could be deeper and get an actually at goal which would be a lot easier to score.

Also, Edwards doesn't really control games does he or even create chances?

How many assists does he have after 10 years at Wolves playing as an attacking midfielder?

What if.... What if.... What if any other Wolves player had made the effort to join the attack, What if.... Costa's runs had any end product? What if... Bod could score... And so on I'm watching Blues v Villa at the moment and neither side has the all singing, all dancing midfielder that you think we lack. No single player is running the game, creating chances and shoring up the defence in the way that you feel should be a given.
So, why does neither side have such a player? Probably because they don't exist, other than in some peoples fevered imaginations.
Incidentally, both goals have been scored by midfielders, just like ours was yesterday.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What if.... What if.... What if any other Wolves player had made the effort to join the attack, What if.... Costa's runs had any end product? What if... Bod could score... And so on I'm watching Blues v Villa at the moment and neither side has the all singing, all dancing midfielder that you think we lack. No single player is running the game, creating chances and shoring up the defence in the way that you feel should be a given.
So, why does neither side have such a player? Probably because they don't exist, other than in some peoples fevered imaginations.
Incidentally, both goals have been scored by midfielders, just like ours was yesterday.

Yes Edwards did well to join the attack. But that doesn't mean his run was perfect. When he made contact with the ball he was already past the goal facing away from it. 3/4 yards deeperhe would have a tap in. I'm not a massive fan of Costa or Bod either to be honest. Like Edwards I wouldn't want any of them at Wolves in a prefect world.

I'm not saying that players like that exist. But have a player in the middle of the pitch, that doesn't go 20 mins at a time without touching the ball. At no point in that game (villa/blues) did I think That Westwood hasn't touch the ball in ages.

Back
Top Bottom