Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Your Most Hated Pundit

North Bank

Reaction score
BT - McManaman and boring Michael Owen
Sky - Souness
BBC - EVERYONE (Apart from the main presenters ie Linekar, Dan Walker and Mark Chapman)

Bilston paul

Groupie
Reaction score
Mcmannaman 100%. Be the Liverpool love in tonight. The South Bank will give him some tonight. Clinton Morrisons getting a bit of a bashing but I find him alright says it how he sees it there is, a lot worse about than him.

Bilston paul

Groupie
Reaction score
McManaman by a country mile. Does anybody know why he has it in for us?
Im not 100% certain but fairly sure it was when we played Everton at home last season he was the Co commentator at the game and the wolves were singing the " sign on sign on song" and he didn't see the funny side. And he was caught off guard Mike still on saying " I hate wolves".

Noweimannnocry

Reaction score
Lee Hendrie for me. He can make me turn a game off due to his thick brummie dulcet tones. I'm from dudley so I should be able to handle accents, not him though.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Crooks

Macmanaman

the scouse woman who is on telly far too often

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rio Ferdinand, might aswell just work on MUTV

Reaction score
Easily Macmanaman, clear at the top of a fairly odious pile. Occasionals like Hinchcliffe and Lee Hendrie are avidly learning at his knee. I don’t mind Prutton ( ex Forest ) in small doses.

lycophilos

Reaction score
From an "outsider".

With my Wimbledon connection, the pundit I really "hate" is Mark Lawrenson. He supported the "move" of the former Wimbledon to Milton Keynes, saying that true Wimbledon fans ought to be prepared to travel to MK to watch them play! Thus showing that some football professionals have no idea any more about what it means to be a fan.

From a Wolves perspective it surely has to be McManaman. Since he has admitted to hating Wolves, there can be less shame at hating him back.

Sutton

Reaction score
Tonight he will be sat in that room at the South Bank end of the BW......gonna be fun....Mc is gonna get it....

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You mean the omnipresent Sue Smith. Grinds my gears that Sky seem determined to shoehorn a female pundit into as many shows as possible.

She was the pundit for our match on the night of the Dipper Derby

She wouldn’t shut up about the match that she WASNT covering

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That sue woman with half a head of hair. Yes you were an England international but please for the love of god shut up......
And Alex dog**** Scott. Only call her dog**** because she’s everywhere and quite frankly as bland as magnolia wallpaper.

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also that screechy woman on motd. The one that sounds like she’s having a moment every time something happens.

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hinchcliffe is another ****.
He's actually a quite decent bloke unbelievably.

I've bumped in to him a few times after games he was very complimentary about us and very down to earth.

I hope I haven't burst your bubble. ;)

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Going for Jim Beglin.
Could be wrong but I always felt he disliked Wolves.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's loads. For the life of me I don't understand the media's insistence on employing people with a substandard grasp of the English language.

Rio Ferdinand - Loves himself. Great player but always been a bit of a *******. Talks as though he's the only player to have ever played the game. Kudos to him for continuing to love himself whilst having Jake Humphrey's tongue wedged up his ********.

Clinton Morrison - Genuinely concerning that he's on the telly talking. Can barely string a sentence together.

Dean Saunders - Not sure how much he does now that he spends most of his time trying to avoid jail but he was genuinely appalling at everything.

Danny Murphy - Knew him growing up, he seemed an alright lad. Now looks almost identical to Brain from the cartoon Pinky & The Brain and seems dead set on making MOTD unwatchable.

McManaman - Always wondered why he never got more England caps. After listening to him talk on the telly I can only assume it's because nobody other than Robbie Fowler could bare to be in the same room as him. 'I don't like McManaman'.

Ian Wright - Used to get on my tits too but I now realise he's just a bit excitable, enthusiastic, sulky.

Garth Crooks - Strong chance that Garth Brooks would make a better football pundit and could pick a better team of the week.

Pretty much the entire panel of BT Sport's version of Soccer Saturday, all absolute whoppers.

In fact it would be a more difficult question to answer if you asked who is the best.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Clinton Morrison did get on my nerves when he first started - actually he's ok when you get past the pseudo gangster street talk (which does still wind me up innit)
For me the worst by far is Phil Thompson. I understand he played for Liverpool, I understand he is a Liverpool fan. But FFS have some objectivity
oh and mcmanaman is a **** - cant even listen to him.

Personally I get annoyed at the female pundits, not in a totally misogynistic way, but the fact that they are now appearing due to TV companies being seen to 'do the right thing'. When they are talking about the game and the play, all I can think is you may have been good/top in the women's game, but you haven't played at anything near this level. Would you have someone from the National league level as a pundit - no, so why add a female to the panel just for the sake of it - its tokenism.

One I do miss from MOTD is Hansen - always thought he called things right and generally talked sense (apart from the not winning anything with kids)

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Clinton Morrison did get on my nerves when he first started - actually he's ok when you get past the pseudo gangster street talk (which does still wind me up innit)
For me the worst by far is Phil Thompson. I understand he played for Liverpool, I understand he is a Liverpool fan. But FFS have some objectivity
oh and mcmanaman is a **** - cant even listen to him.

Personally I get annoyed at the female pundits, not in a totally misogynistic way, but the fact that they are now appearing due to TV companies being seen to 'do the right thing'. When they are talking about the game and the play, all I can think is you may have been good/top in the women's game, but you haven't played at anything near this level. Would you have someone from the National league level as a pundit - no, so why add a female to the panel just for the sake of it - its tokenism.

One I do miss from MOTD is Hansen - always thought he called things right and generally talked sense (apart from the not winning anything with kids)

I was about to write all this, but you have said it all, already, almost to a word how I feel. Even the exact points about Clinton and women's Conference quality... uncanny

The Fat Bloke

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not being sexist, even though this may sound like it

but ANY woman commentators are a real no no, and that Sue Smith is the worst.

I just cannot take them seriously and Sky are crap for putting them on nearly every show.

There ain’t no bloke commentators on the netball!!! So why women on football?

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mcmanaman is the obvious one, as it really does seem like it is personal. Not just the "I don't like Wolves" comment, but he does seem to be disparaging when he comments on our games.

But how about pundits / journalists that we like? TV or radio.

I would say head and shoulders above most right now is Tim Vickery. His knowledge is second to none, he clearly puts the work in and is able to communicate as a journalist with still the groundedness and humility of a fan, which he is.

Pat Nevin, as previously mentioned is also excellent.

In Norway we regularly have ex-Spurs keeper Erik Thorsvedt, who I have respect for.

I find cricket journalists to be far better and more entertaining than their football counterparts. There simple is no footballing equalivant to Jonathon Agnew and Sir Geoffrey Boycott. Insightful, knowledge, experience and with very good humour.
Football - Shearer is great, mainly because he loves Wolves.

Cricket - All of them. TMS has been a pleasure to listen to since the 70's. I thought it might go downhill when Phil Tufnell was first given a go but his double act with Blowers was perfect. Jim Maxwell is my favourite voice on TMS in-game and Jonathan Agnew my favourite host.

Football is just too short and intense a game to have anybody do much more than express their own ego and perhaps be deliberately contentious for the sake of ratings.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There ain’t no bloke commentators on the netball!!! So why women on football?
that's a damn good point and one I will gladly steal when the wife has a go at me for being sexist, when I mention the token female pundit

iantendo

Reaction score
as much as I hate McManamanamanamanman he's not on TV that much so I can deal with him

Robbie Savage, on the other hand, it a complete **** yet he seems to be on TV and radio all the bloody time. The way he talks you think he'd won the Champions League, not the bloody Worthington Cup.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im not 100% certain but fairly sure it was when we played Everton at home last season he was the Co commentator at the game and the wolves were singing the " sign on sign on song" and he didn't see the funny side. And he was caught off guard Mike still on saying " I hate wolves".
Can't he just **** off and find a bin to dip?

wayne-the-wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I get a bit cringey at football chants. Grown blokes making up songs... But here goes.

(To the tune of Phenomenon)

McManaman, you ****ing ****er
McManaman, you ****ing ****
You ****er,
You ****er
You ****er
You're a sad, dull ****ing ****.

Granted, it's a bit sweary but I think it conveys our collective opinion of him.

Thats really catchy i like it

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get a bit cringey at football chants. Grown blokes making up songs... But here goes.

(To the tune of Phenomenon)

McManaman, you ****ing ****
You ****er,
You ****er
You ****er
You're a sad, dull ****ing ****.

Granted, it's a bit sweary but I think it conveys our collective opinion of him.
A bit sweary

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
McManaman................By far....why the hate for us so much.

Alen Hansen used to get on my tits......No goal should ever be scored as they are all preventable

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Football - Shearer is great, mainly because he loves Wolves.

Cricket - All of them. TMS has been a pleasure to listen to since the 70's. I thought it might go downhill when Phil Tufnell was first given a go but his double act with Blowers was perfect. Jim Maxwell is my favourite voice on TMS in-game and Jonathan Agnew my favourite host.

Football is just too short and intense a game to have anybody do much more than express their own ego and perhaps be deliberately contentious for the sake of ratings.
I have to say I love listening to Michael Holding. Agnew is also very good.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Didn't like Neil Mellor. Thought he was very boring.

Stephen Warnock was doing a few bits on sky earlier in the season. Thought he was quite good.

Didn't really rate our Joleon either unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom