Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Yesterday's attendance

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
During the radio commentary yesterday, they said that the atmosphere was good but the attendance appeared to be 'below the 20,000 barrier', suggesting that the crowd seemed to be of a similar number to the average home game.

The attendance was actually 14,524.

I was thinking that this perhaps suggests how distorted the normal attendance figure is by the policy of counting every season ticket holder regardless of whether we are actually there or not.

Yesterday's attendance will have been a more realistic figure as it was based on actual bums on seats rather than tickets sold.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
so what you are trying to say is that yesterday there were 14,524 bums watching the match.

MobNet Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lupo, I can see your point. But, there was definately a LOT fewer there yesterday than usual.

Behind both goals only had fans in the centre middle. And the other stands also had very extended empty flanks.

What distorted the atmosphere and attendance was the Steve Bull lower being completely full. To an extent not seen since Man Utd last year. It was certainly the loudest away following of the season, and contributed to a healthy atmosphere when it could have been like a morgue.

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair enough, its just the way they worded it on Beacon, I thought the attendance was going to be similar to normal, ie. about the 18,000 mark.

I was surprised when they said it was only 14,524.

T

The Vicar

Thank god oldham sold out, and for the atmosphere a good job they scored first.

The normal attendances are inflated however as the no show STH's are still counted. Certainly over Xmas there have been 5 empty seats in my row and the one in front, so in the whole ground I am guessing you are probably talking 1-2000.

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think they just count the tickets they sell on an individual match basis then add the season ticket total to that to give the overstated attendance for each game.

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do they still count season tickets for Cup games? I can't see why they would when season tickets don't include cup games??? :confused:

If the attendance figure doesn't include season ticket numbers that might explain why there was such a large drop in numbers

E

Eddie the Adventurer

I was surprised the gate was actually 14,524, given how empty the home ends actually were. I am usually spot on for predicting the gate before the tannoy man reads it out, and I said to the guy next to me that it looked no more than 10,000 before it was officially announced. The home ends of Molineux have never been so spacious - both the North and South Banks were 70 per cent empty.

Full credit to Oldham for distorting the gate and packing the away tier to the rafters. They made an atmosphere and it although I hate away fans celebrating goals, made quite a sight when they scored. It would have been a total morgue without them.

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lupo, I can see your point. But, there was definately a LOT fewer there yesterday than usual.

Behind both goals only had fans in the centre middle. And the other stands also had very extended empty flanks.

What distorted the atmosphere and attendance was the Steve Bull lower being completely full. To an extent not seen since Man Utd last year. It was certainly the loudest away following of the season, and contributed to a healthy atmosphere when it could have been like a morgue.

$$$$$$$$ they were quiet as mice as soon as we scored our first and didn't pick up till 10 mins before the end when they scored.

djackl

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
$$$$$$$$ they were quiet as mice as soon as we scored our first and didn't pick up till 10 mins before the end when they scored.

My thoughts exactly, most I heard from them was "Who are yer" every so often, and even then the south bank drowned em out.

Most of the time I couldn't hear them over the game itself, let alone the south bank.

Back
Top Bottom