Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wrexham…… promotion done and dusted April 22 nd?

ChesterWolf

Reaction score
The Hollywood owners aspect is a great story.

Anyway. What about us signing Chanpions League standard players in The Championship? I suppose that's alright though.

I don’t think anybody has ever claimed Wolves’ promotion season was a fairy tale or some great underdog success like has happened with Wrexham.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think anybody has ever claimed Wolves’ promotion season was a fairy tale or some great underdog success like has happened with Wrexham.
It’s the idea of Hollywood superstar actors pitching up in Wrexham and putting so much into a club that’s the “fairytale”.

No idea why some people are so bitter, it’s not healthy. Hope everyone connected with Wrexham had a great night.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because I have a different opinion than you?
But it's literally a fairytale story, down and out club revived by an unlikely source, and the biggest aspect I've got alot of time for is that it seems both of them genuinely care for Wrexham, people like it because you've got two Hollywood stars who are getting emotional over a non-league team getting promoted, that's a connection that every football fan can emphasise with.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And to be honest, the ding dong battle between them and Notts County has been one of the best watches in football in a good while.

The national league needs another promotion spot, and that's not because I want a Dagger promotion....

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
But it's literally a fairytale story, down and out club revived by an unlikely source, and the biggest aspect I've got alot of time for is that it seems both of them genuinely care for Wrexham, people like it because you've got two Hollywood stars who are getting emotional over a non-league team getting promoted, that's a connection that every football fan can emphasise with.
Absolutely its a fairytale. And the owners have forged a genuine connection with Wrexham, the place and its people. They've gone about it in a good way.

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Regardless of the money pumped in, I would still much rather Wrexham get back in the Football League than the likes of Bromley, Borehamwood and Woking. Hope Notts County are the other one who get promoted.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely its a fairytale. And the owners have forged a genuine connection with Wrexham, the place and its people. They've gone about it in a good way.
Absolutely, like I can understand why some might find it overblown but Wrexham are a sizeable club and have a lot of decent pedigree as essentially the 'big' club for North Wales, I felt their hardships over the years had been well known, dilapidated ground, horrible ownership, years in the abyss, all reversed by an unlikely source coming in.

****, as Wolves fans I'd say more than quite a few we could emphasise with that. Haha.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Regardless of the money pumped in, I would still much rather Wrexham get back in the Football League than the likes of Bromley, Borehamwood and Woking. Hope Notts County are the other one who get promoted.
I can wax a bit of about non-league and down here quite a bit. The likes of Salford and Forest Green buying their way up the league without any fan base has tainted it quite a bit. However sides coming up over recent years like Harrogate, Sutton and Barrow are the absolute dream, all extremely well run club and have organically grown to become EFL clubs.

Borehamwood have a great setup, they're pretty well set for younger players within London with a good system. Bromley are again, very well run, solid foundation and both have earned their right to be in the fight for promotion by doing it 'the right way' and growing organically.

We do need an additional slot however, there are so many clubs at this level that become unsustainable in the search for promotion, S****horpe and Yeovil both are in the 6th tier next season.

For myself, still hope Dagenham will stop being allergic to the play offs and actually get back into the EFL.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely, like I can understand why some might find it overblown but Wrexham are a sizeable club and have a lot of decent pedigree as essentially the 'big' club for North Wales, I felt their hardships over the years had been well known, dilapidated ground, horrible ownership, years in the abyss, all reversed by an unlikely source coming in.

****, as Wolves fans I'd say more than quite a few we could emphasise with that. Haha.
I remember listening in the car when they beat Arsenal in the Cup (around 1992?). Epic!

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve really enjoyed the whole story. Always had a soft spot for Ryan Reynolds as a person, seems genuinely human considering all his success. Nice to see him using that to the benefit of a small town in Wales (it’s not lost on me that he could make a return one day).

I’ve been very surprised by how committed they both are though.. I expected it to be a side-project, but they’ve bought houses in the area and attend a lot of games. Nice to hear our game getting genuine love and interest outside of the UK and beyond the Premier league also.

There are many towns that would have benefited from such attention, so I have no personal opinion about it being Wrexham really. But it’s nice to see a new model of ownership where the benefits seem to go beyond just the owners pockets.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
I lived in Chester for a few years (and aside from silly stuff between Front Line & 125) the English/Welsh banter was always good natured. Most Cestrians seemed to support ManU, L'pool or Everton. I have absolutely no connection with Wxm, but at the risk of sounding cliche, it is good for the economically deprived N/E Wales. N County are the best footballing side in that league and hopefully they can grab promotion.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watched the Wrexham vs Grimsby match last season.
Cheered for Grimsby,fun match to watch.
I tend to root for underdogs when watching non Wolves matches,so not particulary chuffed over Wrexham getting back in to the EFL.
Another FGR,allthough with a considerably bigger following..at least when things look sunny?

Dragonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Watched the Wrexham vs Grimsby match last season.
Cheered for Grimsby,fun match to watch.
I tend to root for underdogs when watching non Wolves matches,so not particulary chuffed over Wrexham getting back in to the EFL.
Another FGR,allthough with a considerably bigger following..at least when things look sunny?
Hmmm hardly FGR. Founded 1864.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can wax a bit of about non-league and down here quite a bit. The likes of Salford and Forest Green buying their way up the league without any fan base has tainted it quite a bit. However sides coming up over recent years like Harrogate, Sutton and Barrow are the absolute dream, all extremely well run club and have organically grown to become EFL clubs.

Borehamwood have a great setup, they're pretty well set for younger players within London with a good system. Bromley are again, very well run, solid foundation and both have earned their right to be in the fight for promotion by doing it 'the right way' and growing organically.

We do need an additional slot however, there are so many clubs at this level that become unsustainable in the search for promotion, S****horpe and Yeovil both are in the 6th tier next season.

For myself, still hope Dagenham will stop being allergic to the play offs and actually get back into the EFL.
Remember Barrow when they were originally in the Football league. They always appeared to be squandering in the lower leagues and never (to my knowledge) had any real success.
I take my proverbial hat off to any Barrow supporter as through their history they've had little to shout about apart from an FA Trophy win in the early 90's.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hmmm hardly FGR. Founded 1864.
FGR founded 1889 apparently,but I get your drift I think.
I meant more like for current environment rich owners that probably will find League One the ceiling...like FGR and say Fleetwood perhaps.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hate agreeing with you, but there you go, absolutely right and I am pleased as punch about it.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d rather have Hollywood no where near football.
I agree although one owner is from Pennsylvania and the other is from Vancouver. ……..although many call Vancouver Hollywood North due to the hundreds of movies and tv shows made in and around here.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree although one owner is from Pennsylvania and the other is from Vancouver. ……..although many call Vancouver Hollywood North due to the hundreds of movies and tv shows made in and around here.
Doesn’t Toronto get used a lot too?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn’t Toronto get used a lot too?
Some I guess just like NYC but none, ( I think I read not even Hollywood does), compare to the volume of Vancouver……brings in about $6b annually and they employ armies of people.
My wife and I frequently see local locations that we recognize in movies. There’s been many made near me.

BTW, Ryan Reynolds is building or investing in a Toronto movie studio.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On a purely selfish basis, if I manage to attend many games next season the less Wrexham fans on the train the better from my experiences of the past. So not joining in the fairytale love-in.

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On a purely selfish basis, if I manage to attend many games next season the less Wrexham fans on the train the better from my experiences of the past. So not joining in the fairytale love-in.
Average crowd of 1200 per home game before the takeover. Glory hunter central now.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok. I admire you’re consistency.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Average crowd of 1200 per home game before the takeover. Glory hunter central now.
Not true. Season before Hollywood takeover (Feb 2021) the average home attendance was
4,058 (2019/20)
5077 (2018/19)
4649 (2017/18).

Pretty good for a National League side who had been stranded there for years.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1682445502832.jpeg
Not true. Season before Hollywood takeover (Feb 2021) the average home attendance was
4,058 (2019/20)
5077 (2018/19)
4649 (2017/18).

Think they’re all hoping to see Blake. Who wouldn’t?
1682445562024.jpeg

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4,058 (2019/20)
5077 (2018/19)
4649 (2017/18).

I stand corrected. Still not having it though

GV Wolf

Reaction score
Just like wolves given the amount of men and women in their 40s and 50s I see at every home match in their freshly laundered wolves tops. Pity they never turned up in the mid 80’s - we would have had crowds in the region of 12000 not 5000.

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I totally respect your choice to hate Wrexham, ummm, I mean Wrectum FC! World would be dull if we all thought the same way.
Ha ha. It's only cause I watch a lot of Notts and it's tedious is the love in

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t get this line of argument either, Wolves crowds were much lower when we were ****e. It’s true of every team ever.

Back
Top Bottom