Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wrexham…… promotion done and dusted April 22 nd?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My wife and I, ( to a lesser extent), have been following the fortunes of Wrexham this season, probably like many others around the world, (literally). Great to see investment and interest in smaller clubs.
My Vancouver wife is a big fan of Vancouver born and bred Ryan Reynolds and now all the Wrexham news and game highlights pop up on the tv YouTube app and she devours them to the same extent as PL highlights.

Maybe tomorrow, April 22, Wrexham could be promoted to League 2. I wish them tons of luck.

Maybe we can sign their CF Mullen for next season:);)

Last edited:

dennison11

Reaction score
My wife and I, ( to a lesser extent), have been following the fortunes of Wrexham this season, probably like many others around the world, (literally). Great to see investment and interest in smaller clubs.
My Vancouver wife is a big fan of Vancouver born and bred Ryan Reynolds and now all the Wrexham news and game highlights pop up on the tv YouTube app and she devours them to the same extent as PL highlights.

Maybe tomorrow, April 22, Wrexham could be promoted to League 2. I wish them tons of luck.
Must admit, since watching the series on Disney+, I have found myself checking their results.

For me, it's not just what Ryan and Rob have done for Wrexham FC, but what they have done for the town and non-league football in general. I wish them all the best (apart from when they face us of course)

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Must admit, since watching the series on Disney+, I have found myself checking their results.

For me, it's not just what Ryan and Rob have done for Wrexham FC, but what they have done for the town and non-league football in general. I wish them all the best (apart from when they face us of course)
We don’t bother with Disney+ but it’s still an enjoyable story. I bet hardly anybody is sleeping in Wrexham tonight.
And they snagged a friendly game with Man. Utd in California in July, I think and possibly Chelsea as well. Gotta admit, they’re using their PR opportunities excellently.
A couple of days ago there was an article in the NYT and several in the Athletic as well as the WP, CNN etc……incredible.

Last edited:

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the other side of the coin, I’m hoping for a Boreham Wood win today in the hope Notts County can pip them to the title. I doubt it will happen now. Yes, the Hollywood actors have done so much for Wrexham, the town, the people etc, but I still remember the total disrespect their fans showed at booing the National Anthem while I was at the Non League Finals Day last May. Other non league teams are struggling with finances and would only dream of this sugar daddy treatment Wrexham have had. There are lots of ex-league teams now like Wrexham who have spent years in the National League who would give anything for this type of investment and profile.

Well done to Wrexham if they win promotion today, but desperately hoping Notts County also come up, and still preferably as champions. They have done it the hard way…. they have over 100 points but without the investment and love Wrexham have had. They deserve to be Champions, not Wrexham.

Rowzed

Reaction score
On the other side of the coin, I’m hoping for a Boreham Wood win today in the hope Notts County can pip them to the title. I doubt it will happen now. Yes, the Hollywood actors have done so much for Wrexham, the town, the people etc, but I still remember the total disrespect their fans showed at booing the National Anthem while I was at the Non League Finals Day last May. Other non league teams are struggling with finances and would only dream of this sugar daddy treatment Wrexham have had. There are lots of ex-league teams now like Wrexham who have spent years in the National League who would give anything for this type of investment and profile.

Well done to Wrexham if they win promotion today, but desperately hoping Notts County also come up, and still preferably as champions. They have done it the hard way…. they have over 100 points but without the investment and love Wrexham have had. They deserve to be Champions, not Wrexham.
And it would **** off Notts Forest

Last edited by a moderator:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agreed. If you listen to teams that have played Wrexham in both the league and the Cup there seems to be a pattern of frankly arrogant and entitled behaviour from both team and fans.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
BBC Breakfast Time doing a feature on Wrexham and pretty much ignoring Notts County won't help the perceptions of many people any either.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Maybe we can sign their CF Mullen for next season:);)
Mullin is 28 years of age. No thanks.

Last edited:

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry Wrexham, but you have bought the league. I also hoped that Notts County would win the title, but it seems they will have to try to do it through the play offs.

As an aside, given that the National League is basically division five, shouldn’t there be two automatic promotion places, plus the play off winners. Last season Stockport County and Grimsby Town were promoted to division four and both have done well at the higher level, particularly Stockport who are currently in one of the play off positions.

The Pie Poker

Reaction score
Hating on Wrexham for having wealthy owners is hypocritical, if we were in the National League we'd love to be in their shoes, as does every other team currently competing with them.

"Buying the league" is a myth, ask Chelsea, Everton, Man Utd etc. Throwing money at a project doesn't guarantee success.

Wrexham is a great story and I'm looking forward to it continuing in League 2.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loved the programme and what the owners have done, have also found myself looking for their results and check who they have left to play.

However can not stand the Wrexham fans, cheering when the queen passed away, boing our national anthem. Maybe the football league can refuse their entry and state they need to join the Welsh league if you dont like England. Cardiff and Swansea show the respect.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Mixed feelings after watching the documentary. Loved Ryan Reynolds anyway and watching him and Rob fall in love with football was great, and they seem to be developing the whole club not just the team.

But the fans on that documentary were absolute knobheads. The guy who runs the pub in particular.

And there’s also a part where you look and think Notts County have got 100+ points and they don’t have the level of money Wrexham do. To have made the title so competitive is credit to Notts County and not Wrexham really.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry Wrexham, but you have bought the league. I also hoped that Notts County would win the title, but it seems they will have to try to do it through the play offs.

As an aside, given that the National League is basically division five, shouldn’t there be two automatic promotion places, plus the play off winners. Last season Stockport County and Grimsby Town were promoted to division four and both have done well at the higher level, particularly Stockport who are currently in one of the play off positions.
Agree there should be two automatic spaces now.

The Pie Poker

Reaction score
But the fans on that documentary were absolute knobheads. The guy who runs the pub in particular.

We have a holiday home in Mid Wales, not far from Wrexham. Quite a few of the Welsh lads I've spoken to cringe at the majority of the fans that get shown in the documentary, they're noy really a true representation of Wrexham as a town.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said on here 3 to 4 years ago when he started scoring goals for fun at Cambridge,that we should sign Paul Mullin , he's the nearest thing to Steve Bull I've seen ....but he's obviously not Portuguese,so we wasted the money elsewhere

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I definitely got a sense of them being proud to be Welsh (understandable), but with a disrespect of the English (booing National Anthem). In which case thats fine, if they are proud to be Welsh then play in the Welsh League next season against Bala, Newtown and Prestatyn every week….

Happy to boo the National Anthem, but happy to play in the English League though. Hmmm.

Poztin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great show and it’s good what Rob and Ryan are doing for the club and lower league football.

However, they say think they know what it’s like to be a football fan now. No… missing out this year, on top of last years cup final disappointment, added with another 5-10 years of disappointment, then they can qualify as knowing what it’s like to be a football fan!

Seeing them finally promoted in Series 10 would do me!

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
A close neighbour during my childhood was a big Wrexham fan. My sister followed them too. Went to some matches when Wolves were away - several kids packed in the back of a van - but I always wore my Wolves colours to them.
They're living a dream that I doubt any club would turn down - they've just been lucky enough that they're the ones it is happening to. Don't begrudge them at all.

ChesterWolf

Reaction score
Hating on Wrexham for having wealthy owners is hypocritical, if we were in the National League we'd love to be in their shoes, as does every other team currently competing with them.

"Buying the league" is a myth, ask Chelsea, Everton, Man Utd etc. Throwing money at a project doesn't guarantee success.

Wrexham is a great story and I'm looking forward to it continuing in League 2.

In what way is a non league club signing a load of league one standard players and taking two attempts at promotion a great story?

ChesterWolf

Reaction score
We had more expensive players on higher wages than everyone else in the league.

Sako was already our player for a start. Its nothing like Wrexham signing players on ridiculous wages who should be playing two leagues above.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sako was already our player for a start. It’s nothing like Wrexham signing players on ridiculous wages who should be playing two leagues above.
so I take it you didn’t agree with Rueben Neves signing for a championship club?

Really like Wrexham, think it hilarious how many folks cages they’ve rattled as well.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Crying about "buying the league" is a bit rich from some on here
I remember when Fosun took us over how many were crowing about the hundreds of millions we now had
Similarly when we had Sir Jacks money bankrolling us, maybe to a lesser extent but still way more than most
Credit to the Ryans for doing what they did with little knowledge of what it would lead to
Ofc they make money from the series,but it was still a big leap of faith
Notts County have my sympathy for sure,getting over 100 points and maybe not getting promoted must be terrible,but they still have a chance and the play offs to look forward to

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really hate when clubs get labelled as buying the league. Most successful clubs have.
Did any on here complain when Neves and Jota helped us get promoted?
Probably not seeing as Middlesborough spent over twice as much as us that season, a fair few others spent around the same as us and Villa’s wage bill was probably 10x ours.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have also watched the series and I do find myself following the results, I even watched the Notts County game and cheered when they saved the penalty.

I think it's a fascinating story, I don't get all that buying the league business - loads of people said that of us when we won the championship. It's just football, it always has been to some extent.

I hope they win today and go on to do well next season.

Wolfion

Reaction score
Probably not seeing as Middlesborough spent over twice as much as us that season, a fair few others spent around the same as us and Villa’s wage bill was probably 10x ours.
The fans of the spending club will never complain.

From an outside perspective as long as no rules are being broken then I have no issues with any club spending to achieve their goals.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The fans of the spending club will never complain.

From an outside perspective as long as no rules are being broken then I have no issues with any club spending to achieve their goals.
We didn’t out spend the division though and buy the league so it was impossible to complain about us doing so.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will win L2/ be promoted next season and then plateau in L1 when they come up against the Sheff Weds, Blues, Derby, Pompey off this world. If they find some investment may go up another tier but then they’ll lose interest and Wrexham will drift back.

Ebbs and flows and good luck to Notts C in the play-offs. Hope all of the Original 12 can make it back up the pyramid (except Notlob).

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As somebody who has frequented the Deva Stadium on numerous occasions I sadly can’t join in with wanting Wrexham to be promoted.

Don’t get me wrong what Ryan Reynolds and Rob Mack-el-henny have done for that club and town is wonderful. They seem genuinely enthused by the whole thing and have really thrown themselves into it.

I really wanted Notts County to pip them to the title; however that now seems unlikely. Hopefully they can keep up the momentum and go up through the play offs.

If we were going to roll the dice and take a chance on a non-league goal machine I’d have a butchers at Macaulay Langstaff. 72 goals (so far) in two seasons is not to be sniffed at irrespective of the level.

He seems to score all sorts of different goals too, I even saw him score after making a run to the near post which is something I’ve not seen a Wolves player do in what feels like a gazillion years!

By the way, the Vauxhall Conference (as I still call it) is an incredibly entertaining league in general. Kudos to BT Sport for showing it live.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
It's all a bit odd how getting into the league is such a big deal and then nobody not involved gives a toss about L2. It's like a relic from the days of re-election and the same 92 clubs almost in perpetuity.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's all a bit odd how getting into the league is such a big deal and then nobody not involved gives a toss about L2. It's like a relic from the days of re-election and the same 92 clubs almost in perpetuity.
True. Successful non league clubs get more airing then League 2 teams. The reality is they become part of the Football League again which is great for them, but ultimately have trips to the likes of Crawley, Forest Green, Stevenage and Hartlepool to relish…. with very little TV time compared to being top of the National League that BT promotes so well.

Back
Top Bottom