Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Would you take FA Cup Winners and Relegation?

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disclaimer;

This is a purely hypothetical question

Just listening to talksport. They are discussing how there are a "tier of clubs" in the top flight who would take the above scenario.

So I put it out there. Without going deeply into it or looking into the consequences, Wolves winning the FA Cup, lifting that famous old trophy at Wembley, at the expense of Premier League football. Would you take it?

I have to be honest, as an old codger with not many miles left on the clock. I wonder will I see my team lift a major trophy again. I am not sure I will. Right now I think I would take it.

To the younger breed on here it would be disastrous, I get that. But it is an interesting question for any club outside the top 4/6 IMO. That FA Cup still means so much to me. Even the League Cup does. I desperately want to see Wolves lift a trophy again.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imagine being in the Championship and in Europe and playing Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday... would ruin us and for that reason I'd like to stay in the top flight and live in eternal hope that we will one day lift a major trophy again

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good question. Growing up I would have, when the cup was the big draw. Now....nah. I'd take 17th and a cup final.though.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely, totally, utterly, unreservedly no!

We would lose some fantastic players, probably the best manager we have had in over 40 years and our owners would have a massive rethink.

I have had quite enough if being a yo yo club in my 50 odd years of support. If we got knocked out of the Cup tonight I would not shed too many tears.

We are going to be an established Premier League club and long may it continue. Winning Cups will be part of the journey.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5910

Can see this thread being 99.99% "no".

Besides losing all our best players and in all likelihood Nuno and his staff, we'd face a minimum 54 game season.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
fa cup win relegation no

fa cup win relegation followed immediately by promotion and no more relegations maybe.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not as things stand. If we were to regress, and become a club for whom every season was a Crystal Palace / Brighton / Newcastle type "finishing 15th would be amazing!" affair... then probably, yes. Because there's nothing glamorous about being a perennial struggler and winning six or seven games a year at best.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can't beat a slow news day re Wolves.
No, any one saying yes knows nothing about football IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom