Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Would you take a City defeat?

Would you take defeat against City if you knew it was the end for Gaz?

• Are you mad? Call yourself a Wolves fan? That’s pathetic. Beat City.

Votes: 46 51.7%
  • Yep, I’d take a defeat.

Votes: 43 48.3%

• Total voters

martin120863

Reaction score
Defeat at home against the Vile is more likely to inflict mortal wounds on O'Neil.

Whilst I'm with the fans who say they would never want Wolves to lose, it's sometimes sensible to consider the bigger picture.

So, if we do lose that game and it leads to his (and hopefully Hobbs) demise then so be it.

The issue is of course - Jeff will still be around to take it down another level.

For those wanting Jeff removed, the only answer is for Fosun to appoint an experienced football CEO and that is unlikely.

I think for that to happen we'll need Fosun to sell up and hope that new owners have at least a modicum of footballing DNA.

Otherwise, it's Millwall here we come I'm afraid.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m confident that due to City’s upcoming games and travel schedule as long as we play nicely they will take their foot off the gas after they have gone 3 nil up.

Reaction score
Yes but well lose anyway, i think we'll play well for the first 10 mins but inveitably get hammered. Then a Mick-esque 5-1 thrashing to Villa will see him gone.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You know where it’s going. Hypothetical. Lose against City, and Gaz is gone. Or beat City and he gets another 6 games.

There’s no middle ground, that’s the hypothetical. I’m curious because in 35 years I’ve never wanted Wolves to lose, but I’d genuinely take it to get him out. Have I gone mad?
A gutsy 1-0, 2-0 loss won't be the end of GON; it would need to be Sheffield United vs. Newcastle levels of bad for the board to shelve their pride and even consider his position. Regardless of what we think of O'Neill, no Wolves fan should be subjected to that torment at Molineux. Those sorts of losses leave scars. Eyes are more likely to be cast at the Villa game and beyond.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m confident that due to City’s upcoming games and travel schedule as long as we play nicely they will take their foot off the gas after they have gone 3 nil up.
80 minutes is along time for them to take their foot off the gas but let's face it .........very doable against Wolves having gone three up in the first ten .

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No better time to play City. They have half a dozen regulars out injured or suspended. Will GON have the balls to even try, though? This is the kind of game that Nuno relished and in which he quite often got a result - remember doing the double over City, thrashing Arsenal 3-1 and beating a very strong Chelsea? To do that you have to keep it tight at the back and then attack at speed and really go for it. Sitting back and parking the bus guarantees you will lose. So I bet that's exactly what he will do.

Last edited:

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two very bad losses vs Man Ciy and Villa and I think GON will be on the brink. A draw in one of the matches might save him for now. It may all get drawn out a bit but the results against the lower ranked teams like Luton, Bournemouth, Burnley and Sheff U will be the marker going forward. Draws or losses and he will be out by end November I would have thought, especially if the Molineux crowd begin to turn, which they are pretty close to doing I reckon.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Social media causes mass demonstrations, of people who never felt interested in the subject they are marching before they got indoctrinated on the Internet.
Wolves in Old Gold are what we have been brought up in. We have suffered many lows and highs, but we are always part of the Wolves family. Close your eyes and just imagine us beating Man City, it is a dream yes, but it is our dream. Keep strong and don't lose faith in our wonderful, special football club.
Love it!!!

So true mate

It is sad that we are in some ways as a fan base almost in a civil war over this mess….

We all love the club, no matter where you are in the world, this club is so much to so many…..

But we are in a state where so much is going wrong at one time it is hard to know what to think and feel about each situation……

SevernWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
That was years ago. We have fallen far since then.
That's my point. I can't see us doing it this season, but it wasn't all that long ago that we could compete against these kind of teams.

SevernWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I think the board have probably agreed that avoiding relegation is the aim for this season. Until we're dragged into the bottom three and start losing against relegation rivals, I don't think they'll sack him, especially not after a defeat to the best team in Europe.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've stuck up for GON and really hope that we can pull something off against City. We'll need luck and who knows, maybe a crucial decision will go our way.

roystonwolf

Reaction score
I'm really not a fan of GON, I absolutely want him gone. But if he turns a corner and wins the next 6 games then he's more than welcome to stay.

I think the reality of your hypothetical is that you are suggesting he flukes a win against City and then returns to his ways for the remaining six. If that's the case then i'd bring someone else in as we'll have the same or hopefully better chance of picking up more points without him. But knowing our luck, we'd give it to Shaun Derry for six games and win nothing either way.

Will Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
No, I want to win every single game.

However, the club should be making contact with potential replacements now, a win just buys them more time to negotiate terms.

It’s ruthless but it’s what all top clubs do. Brighton weren’t sitting around waiting for Potter to leave, they had already spoken to De Zerbi.
Same with Villa and Unai Emery, no coincidence he was in after 1 game.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lots of hugs and touch ups coming City players way from Fabio.

stevev53

Reaction score
I've stuck up for GON and really hope that we can pull something off against City. We'll need luck and who knows, maybe a crucial decision will go our way.
I have been the same telling everyone to give him time etc etc but after the performance on Tuesday I’m really depressed about our chances with him at the helm . Having said that the players have a huge responsibility to try their hardest against any opposition. They get well paid and if they don’t like his tactics then have the balls to fight in every match . I didn’t see that Tuesday it was almost like they were trying to look bad to get rid of him ,

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have been the same telling everyone to give him time etc etc but after the performance on Tuesday I’m really depressed about our chances with him at the helm . Having said that the players have a huge responsibility to try their hardest against any opposition. They get well paid and if they don’t like his tactics then have the balls to fight in every match . I didn’t see that Tuesday it was almost like they were trying to look bad to get rid of him ,
I genuinely believe that's why Fabio was hugging their players.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just hope the horrific shambles that is VAR and the cretins running it have nothing to do with city winning. I can take a 5 nil 'clean goals' drubbing. But more VAR BS may finish me off

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not reading the thread until you replace City with Villa...

Wolfenstein

Groupie
Reaction score
You know where it’s going. Hypothetical.

Lose against City, and Gaz is gone.

Or beat City and he gets another 6 games.

There’s no middle ground, that’s the hypothetical. I’m curious because in 35 years I’ve never wanted Wolves to lose, but I’d genuinely take it to get him out.

Have I gone mad?
I think it’s quite obvious we are all going to have to take a City defeat. You talk like we even have a chance of beating them.

Oh and Gary will not be gone after City because even Shi in his mad little world will know we have no chance anyway too.

It will take another loss against a really poor side before he even considers it and even then he will take one or two games more before he sacks GON as he is so inept.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You know where it’s going. Hypothetical.

Lose against City, and Gaz is gone.

Or beat City and he gets another 6 games.

There’s no middle ground, that’s the hypothetical. I’m curious because in 35 years I’ve never wanted Wolves to lose, but I’d genuinely take it to get him out.

Have I gone mad?
You've gone mad! There's no way they sack Gaz if City beat us or even stick nine past us.

Our league is the bottom 7 or 8 clubs. If we're getting stuffed by them then maybe shifter Gaz will be feeling the pressure.

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve conceded 15 goals in 8 games, 1 of those teams is champ and another league1. I would be shocked if city don’t score at least 3 so we don’t have chance of beating them. If we lose 6-0 then GON will still be with us for the next game at least. Lose to Villa at home off the back of City and things could look very different. Lost to Bournemouth and he’s gone.

O.W.E.I

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No point in voting, Citeh will break the PL scoring record on Saturday and GO will still be in post for the hammering by the Vile, the excuse being, it was Citeh and the mighty Vile (They have won the big Cup you know...)

Hobbs (or Calvin):
'We bought Gary in for his excellent Geography knowledge and experience in Star Jumps & burpees, to help the players when they transition to life outside soccerball.
He's expected to know the basics, like the capital of Nicaragua, but beat Citeh, not a hope in hell, do you think we're Newcastle?'

T

TheConcourse

I think it’s quite obvious we are all going to have to take a City defeat. You talk like we even have a chance of beating them.

Oh and Gary will not be gone after City because even Shi in his mad little world will know we have no chance anyway too.

It will take another loss against a really poor side before he even considers it and even then he will take one or two games more before he sacks GON as he is so inept.
You must have missed the word hypothetical.

Beeches wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's not so simple just to releave GON of his duties. We don't have the money to recruit a decent coach/manager. The management have painted themselves in a corner with this, and there isn't a obvious sensible solution. Where do we go from here? Probably the championship.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
It's not so simple just to releave GON of his duties. We don't have the money to recruit a decent coach/manager. The management have painted themselves in a corner with this, and there isn't a obvious sensible solution. Where do we go from here? Probably the championship.
Assuming (just for the sake of simplifying the argument) that we were OK without selling Nunes, we then sold him for £55m and spent £25m on Bellegarde, Bueno and Gonzales, which will be amortised to about £6m a year.

So by my reckoning we've got a fair wedge to pay for a new coach and give him a bit to spend in January.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh good another thread designed to bash our current manager

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In typical wolves style it’s not beyond comprehension that we somehow beat city on Saturday only to then get pumped by villa.

T

TheConcourse

Oh good another thread designed to bash our current manager
Oh look, another comment on another thread bashing our current manager.

Spoiler: the issue isn’t the number of threads. It’s the manager.

Back
Top Bottom