Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Would you sell Coady or keep

Coady

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People are always determined to try and make things up instead of accepting the truth that Wolves agreed to an atrocious deal - see Traore to Barcelona.

If you read the article fully it's simply stating that Coady will join Everton for £4.5m.
So you’re saying we sold a player for a 125% profit? Sounds like a great deal to me. :p

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're a weird club when it comes to transfers. Sometimes I think the old 'Fosun are ruthless' applies, then at other times, it's like Jeff rolls over and gets his tummy tickled.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
how is this news painting Coady in a negative light? it just shows how ****ing dumb we are
He asked for a move according to Percy.

Wolves agreed to the '****ing dumb' deal (which I agree with btw) to HELP Coady. To help him get regular football that he may not have got here and to help his chances of playing at the World Cup, something which I would guess is the pinnacle of his career.

So, you would (or I would anyway) naturally expect that person to be grateful for what you've done.

Instead we've had digs from the family and he hasn't spoken about us in a good way either, the latter IMO.

D

Deleted member (smith)

How long did he have left on his contract?
what are his wages?
what is his age ?
what is his value to wolves over and above his wages?
how was he going to be used?
could he be replaced?
were there other offers?

you have to have the answers to those questions before you can assess the deal

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wolves agreed to the '****ing dumb' deal (which I agree with btw) to HELP Coady. To help him get regular football that he may not have got here and to help his chances of playing at the World Cup, something which I would guess is the pinnacle of his career.

So, you would (or I would anyway) naturally expect that person to be grateful for what you've done.

Instead we've had digs from the family and he hasn't spoken about us in a good way either, the latter IMO.
we know he’s probably asked for the move because of the inept stupidity of Lage. that’s what started all this.

what has he said about us?

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
how is this news painting Coady in a negative light? it just shows how ****ing dumb we are
I was referring more to his comments, barely acknowledging the role Wolves have played in his career. His family then throwing unnecessary stones on social media.

You would think he and the family we have helped provide for, would do well to remember he was nothing more than a below par Championship player a year into his £2m move here.

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

So maybe what’s heard from this end is not 100% correct.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The key point of the article is that Wolves agreed to such a low fee out of respect to Coady.

I think we'd all agree it's a disgraceful deal but that's why they did it.

I personally don't think we should ever do anything like that for players.

It also makes all Coady's comments and the family's even worse. Wolves went above and beyond to make this transfer happen and they've been disrespectful since.
I care about wolves and i care about how much money we can generate in order to push ffp to the limit in order to spend on incoming players.

Whether he was captain or not i want market value which is 15 million. Why are we charging 25 million for gibbs-white and only 4.5 million for coady. We are bending over to help a rival club that could relegate us.
Why were we told 13 million when it was 4.5 million. These kind of decisions turn me even more against sellars and shi.

Don't talk about Ffp again when you are making absurd decisions like this one and the traore one.

The cost of reducing season tickets from 700 pounds to 100 pounds for everyone would be 10 million. If you owe anyone anything it is the fans not connor coady.

This is negligence. That's what this is!

Most of you will have worked somewhere for 10 years and if you left you would merely get a handshake and a small gift. Why should we reduce the transfer fee for a player by 3/4 out of 'respect'. This is absurd and outrageous.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Can't really judge this unless we know the transfer fee and the wages saved from it plus the add one etc

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was referring more to his comments, barely acknowledging the role Wolves have played in his career. His family then throwing unnecessary stones on social media.

You would think he and the family we have helped provide for, would do well to remember he was nothing more than a below par Championship player a year into his £2m move here.
what are his comments?

as for the family, are they directing that at is as fans, or how their son / brother etc was treated? which was shockingly imo and shown to be wrong.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
what are his comments?

as for the family, are they directing that at is as fans, or how their son / brother etc was treated? which was shockingly imo and shown to be wrong.
What are his comments? Has he thanked the club at all for basically giving him away for his "dream move", or the fact they stuck with him when he was ****, moulded him into a PL captain and England International? I must have missed those comments? He said **** all.

Again, him his family should respect the role this club has played in his progression. Not to mention the fact we practically gave him away out of respect for him. In what way is that treating him shockingly?

The more I think about it, the more it ****es me off to be honest.

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I care about wolves and i care about how much money we can generate in order to push ffp to the limit in order to spend on incoming players.

Whether he was captain or not i want market value which is 15 million. Why are we charging 25 million for gibbs-white and only 4.5 million for coady. We are bending over to help a rival club that could relegate us.
Why were we told 13 million when it was 4.5 million. These kind of decisions turn me even more against sellars and shi.

Don't talk about Ffp again when you are making absurd decisions like this one and the traore one.

The cost of reducing season tickets from 700 pounds to 100 pounds for everyone would be 10 million. If you owe anyone anything it is the fans not connor coady.

Most of you will have worked somewhere for 10 years and if you left you would merely get a handshake and a small gift. Why should we reduce the transfer fee for a player by 3/4 out of 'respect'. This is absurd and outrageous.
100% agree. Just hope the fee is more than £4.5M, would have wanted £15m+. He is 29 an England international. Love the way people always day ‘is not our money, why are you bothered?’ well I am! for exactly the reasons you have quoted , impact on future player purchases due to ffp and our ticket/season ticket prices.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Spot on.

We are too nice. And why bother with ****ers like Coady

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What are his comments? Has he thanked the club at all for basically giving him away for his "dream move", or the fact they stuck with him when he was ****, moulded him into a PL captain and England International? I must have missed those comments? He said **** all.

Again, him his family should respect the role this club has played in his progression. Not to mention the fact we practically gave him away out of respect for him. In what way is that treating him shockingly?

The more I think about it, the more it ****es me off to be honest.
so you’re angry as he’s held his counsel about the **** show he left?

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shi's best is yet to come too. We will get absolutely rinsed (yet again) by Barca with Neves. Dread to think how much we'll have to pay them to take him.

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just thinking back, it might be that the loan fee is c.£10m and the purchase fee is £4.5M?

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You a clever enough fella nww open your eyes and see the difference for yourself.
i get your anger buddy, and we pretty much agree on everything on here, but my ire is aimed at Shi and Lage, not Coady.

he should never have been dropped the way he was in the first place.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's no indication Everton paid a loan fee and there's nothing about add-ons. People are always determined to try and make things up instead of accepting the truth that Wolves agreed to an atrocious deal - see Traore to Barcelona.

If you read the article fully it's simply stating that Coady will join Everton for £4.5m.

Oh, and Percy also confirms Coady pushed for the move as he didn't see himself as a squad player.
In all fairness there’s nothing to suggest that is the deal either so we don’t have to accept it’s the truth to fit how we see things.

I was told by a pal in the commercial department that Barca paid 5 million euros for the Traore loan which was to reduce if they signed him, the same sort of deal we had Trincao on

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The key point of the article is that Wolves agreed to such a low fee out of respect to Coady.

I think we'd all agree it's a disgraceful deal but that's why they did it.

I personally don't think we should ever do anything like that for players.

It also makes all Coady's comments and the family's even worse. Wolves went above and beyond to make this transfer happen and they've been disrespectful since.
The trincao loan fee was 4.5 ffs. I hope guo makes more than a managerial change. Are you going to let neves leave for 10 million out of 'respect'. Jeff Shi and scott sellar **** off.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The trincao loan fee was 4.5 ffs. I hope guo makes more than a managerial change. Are you going to let neves leave for 10 million out of 'respect'. Jeff Shi and scott sellar **** off.
100% this. Shi and Sellars are so out of their depth it isnt even funny. Guo must clean house.

They both seemed fond of Grasshoppers, perhaps they can move to Zurich?

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Is £15 million that much of a bad deal in reality for a player who at his age probably has 3 years left top flight and wouldn’t be in our starting 11 in a back 4? I’d say it’s an average deal personally

My previous post probably doesn’t read as it should, I meant shocking as in if it was only £4.5m.

If there’s more to the deal which I’m sure there is (loan fees, add ons) then I’d agree, a hypothetical £15m isn’t too bad.

TriumphWolf

Reaction score
Have we established what the total fee is? Or are people losing their **** over nothing?

from what I have seen, no one has definitive confirmation of how the loan - or subsequent purchase - has been structured financially, only tweets and guesswork.

It isn’t something we have any influence over so I’m certainly not losing any sleep over it.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reported by Percy that the deal to take Coady there permanently is for £4.5m

Now I was a fan of this transfer, in isolation. But that figure has really ****ed me off.
At face value that's appalling. But is there a big loan fee and if so is it credited towards a purchase?

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've mentioned in previous posts how I feel Wolves don't get enough value when selling, this just proves that point. £4.5m for a current England international who was so integral to our team is just shocking. That would still be cheap even if you added £10m. Argh.

Back
Top Bottom