Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Worst missed sitter?

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That side footed 91st minute miss by the Rotherham lad was bad, the Mason one at Hillsborough was very close but came at him a lot faster, but what's the worst chance that was harder to miss than score??
Vaguely remember Iwelumu missing a howler for Scotland?

B

Boswell

Dicko against Fulham when he had rounded the keeper then passed it across the goal?

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Joey Gudjonsson at home to Newcastle in our first Premier League season.

Down the South Bank end, ball passed inch perfect to him 10 yards out, without a player anywhere near him. He didn't just miss, he nearly hit the corner flag.

Frankowski missing a 5 yard tap in vs Coventry comes to mind too. Often forgotten because of his half way line debacle.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
^That's the stuff of nightmares! Wasn't it on his debut for his country?!

D

Deleted member 3518

Has to be Dick le Flem for me, can't remember the opposition but truly ****ing dreadful miss, beyond the goalie, centre goal and mi**** the shot so badly it got stuck in the mud on the line!

E

Essex Wolf

The good news is that by missing that sitter Wolves gained 3 points, the flip side is that Lambert remains.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is one of the worst ever :

I also recall Akinbiyi away at Sheffield United missing a tap in at the back post but I cant seem to find a link to that.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
It was down the other end from us so hard to be certain but Akinbiyi at Bramall Lane is the worst one I can remember. No video sorry.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3518

The good news is that by missing that sitter Wolves gained 3 points, the flip side is that Lambert remains.

Be interesting to see the views of those posters who defended his tactics on the basis that we got 3 points, if he hadn't totally ****ed up on an open goal, directly following our "fantastic" tactics on the corners at the opposite end.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I wasn't there but didn't VLP miss a sitter at Huddersfield ?A header from about 2 yards out or something like that

D

Deleted member 4023

just had to delete my post - was just about to post that serbian miss

Floyd Man

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's a few here, opened up by none other than Froggy

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fatty rosenthal for Liverpool springs to mind. Clattered the bar from 2 yards out.

Wolvesfcneil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is one of the worst ever :

I also recall Akinbiyi away at Sheffield United missing a tap in at the back post but I cant seem to find a link to that.
Ronnie Rosenthal was the first one I thought of when I saw the title

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
I recall Leon Clarke having a few sitters...

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
John Paskin actually seemed to have practiced lifting the ball over the bar from two yards in training. It's the one thing that sticks in the mind about him.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kevin Francis in THAT game vs Blouse , but it was so bad the ref thought it was a foul and gave them a penalty.

The rest is history, classic Bully.
Francis missed a sitter before his air shot as well.

K

Katarino

Denis Law, Albion (6) vs United (3) 1968. Best tee'd it up for him 1 yd out centre of goal, toed it and it back spun up his shin, off knee onto chest and over bar. Crowd and players were in absolute hysterics. Shame there is no footage because I still regard that it as the greatest game I've ever seen and I was only 5.

bigbadwolftoo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

PL would surely have been in the **** had it gone in.

Jury out on his long term employment and the effectiveness of his management. I see promise in our away performances, but still loads to prove on our home efforts and inability to open up defences, play with authority and composure and generally play football with movement and fluidity in our play.

bigbadwolftoo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kevin Francis in THAT game vs Blouse , but it was so bad the ref thought it was a foul and gave them a penalty.

The rest is history, classic Bully.
Francis missed a sitter before his air shot as well.

Thanks for that! Great reminder how ****ing good Bully was! Oh for a Bully now!

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Ronny Rosenthal for me any day. Still can't believe how he managed to miss it up to this day.

E

Essex Wolf

Ronny Rosenthal for me any day. Still can't believe how he managed to miss it up to this day.
Was that when they were playing Villa and LFC were wearing green? If so then yes amazing how he managed to miss it.

Back
Top Bottom