Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

World Cup Draw

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can’t help but root for Ukraine really!

I'd rather have either Wales or Scotland get through for the bite, but (although they hate us) I don't really have a dislike for the home nations.

The situation in Ukraine is dire but it's nothing to do with sport.

Politics and sport should not cross boundaries but unfortunately it happens every game

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Make money for who? Fifa? In what way does football need more eyes on the 'product' it is, and always will be, the biggest sport in the world.
I don't think you understand how greedy people operate. Nothing is ever enough.

Just look at these forums. League 1 not that long ago, now constant bitching about how ownership group not spending truckloads of money every window.

Greed is powerful. And just because you're #1 doesn't mean you don't want even more.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see it the same way.

England v Wales for 2nd place
So you think you'd lose to Canada? USA is really not that good. If they weren't already high ranked, they'd probably be Pot 3. They directly qualified by goal differential alone.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was waiting for the comment. Was going to caveat my post but thought I'd leave it short and see what response I got. I wonder if every post about Qatar between now and November will have a response about human rights, workers' conditions and all the other violations?
I hope so but what good will it do?

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
World Cup always seems better with Peru in it, think it’s the kit
Same here. That 1978 Peru kit is what I remember as a kid and is without doubt the most recognised and beautiful international kit of all time.. It NEEDS to be at every World Cup.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seeing those grounds in Qatar in the WC draw show, you'd just love to see them for real. They looked amazing.
They do look stunning, but what will happen to these stadiums after the World Cup? I cant imagine the Qatar Fist Division clubs (or whatever the league is called) will be filling them week in week out. As beautiful as they look, seems such a waste after the event.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just have to say how good Jermaine Jenas was in presenting the World Cup draw.

I was surprised he fronted the draw but he did a brilliant job. He has grown a hell of a lot in stature in such a short time. A genuinely decent guy.

His pronunciation of haitch made me want to go full Will Smith every time, but otherwise he was fine, bland rather than over-the-top "look at me, I'm a star" awkwardness.

Massive missed opportunity not to give the gig to Roy Keane, though. Exchanging death stares with Cahill, telling Milutinovic to hurry the **** up, snorting when Iran are drawn in England's group and muttering "there's a *** surprise, whole thing's *** fixed."

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
World Cup always seems better with Peru in it, think it’s the kit

And happy memories of Peru hammering a totally hyped up but not-very-good Scotland in 1978. "Ally McLeods Tartan Clowns" as they were called.

Last edited:

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can’t help but root for Ukraine really!

There are a fair few Ukraine flags being flown round here. Would be interesting to see if they stay up, or got replaced by the England flag if Ukraine qualified. I will, of course, be flying my Portugal flag. :D

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are a fair few Ukraine flags being flown round here. Would be interesting to see if they stay up, or got replaced by the England flag if Ukraine qualified. I will, of course, be flying my Portugal flag. :D
Id fly my Ireland flag, but well... we all know.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully Wales get through and we trounce them. With a bit of luck that odious little weasel Hennessy will be in goal as well. Wayne you can stick your 100 caps.

Back
Top Bottom