Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

World Cup Draw

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know. but why should that stop others being drawn together. If you get drawn you go into the group you are drawn into.
Because it's a World Cup.

If Canada was drawn into a group with Mexico and USA... you're going to lose viewers. We've played them both 4 or 5 times in the last few years. And we played them to qualify... just would be weird.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think they did a great job of the draw this time. A really good distribution of teams, and some fun (random) match ups.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So Canada with Belgium, Morocco and Croatia……could be better but it’ll do.

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Listening to Jenas brought out my inner Alan Partridge.

"Nearly, you said haitch. "Ha" is the sound of the letter, aitch is its name. One is ha, the other is aitch. Neither is "haitch"."
Glad it wasn't just me :tearsofjoy:

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because it's a World Cup.

If Canada was drawn into a group with Mexico and USA... you're going to lose viewers. We've played them both 4 or 5 times in the last few years. And we played them to qualify... just would be weird.
Really shouldn’t be basing a draw on viewing figures.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang v Mouts, Neves, Semedo
Saiss v Dendoncker v Corbeanu
Marcal v Nenad Milijas
Sami Al-Jaber v Jimenez
Rayan Ait Nouri v Steve Corica
Adama Traore v Ricki Herbert

… oh god, when will Panini bring the sticker album out!?

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another kind draw for England. Fascinating how Germany, Spain and Japan get stuck in the same group, while England get Alaska, Mauritius and Lower Borneo. Two 1-0's and and tense 0-0 should do it. :p

CologneWolf

Reaction score
2018 group C. France, Denmark, Peru, Australia

2022 Group D Sees France and Denmark, drawn alongside each other again to be joined by Tunisia. Find it interesting that Peru or Australia(provided they get past UAE) could be the final qualifier at each other’s expense.

Hazza

Reaction score
2018 group C. France, Denmark, Peru, Australia

2022 Group D Sees France and Denmark, drawn alongside each other again to be joined by Tunisia. Find it interesting that Peru or Australia(provided they get past UAE) could be the final qualifier at each other’s expense.
World Cup always seems better with Peru in it, think it’s the kit

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Southgate is such a lucky coach. What a soft group. The only issue is the 4th team. For different reasons whoever they are they could be difficult opponents.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Assuming we win the group we will play the 2nd team from which group?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seeing those grounds in Qatar in the WC draw show, you'd just love to see them for real. They looked amazing.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good draw for England, two sides they failed to beat last time they faced them in a major tournament and then Iran.

SingleMalt

Reaction score
So if all the top seeds win their groups, England are on the same side of the draw as France, Belgium and Portugal. If that’s the case then it’ll be QF at best, and getting knocked out by France.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really shouldn’t be basing a draw on viewing figures.
Right. Let's not base entertainment off making money, putting more eyes on the product, and growing the sport...

bilstonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Right. Let's not base entertainment off making money, putting more eyes on the product, and growing the sport...
Make money for who? Fifa? In what way does football need more eyes on the 'product' it is, and always will be, the biggest sport in the world.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The European champions haven’t qualified how about we bin off one of those crap teams nobody wants to watch and put them back in?

Reactions: Ian

Neptune

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Looks like we can go ahead and pencil in the USA topping this group.

Hopefully the rest of the draw will be favorable for England to not go home early

I see it the same way.

England v Wales for 2nd place

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So assuming Netherlands win the group it's likely to be Senegal or Ecuador. We should be able to beat both those?

I would say so, although don't write off Senegal who beat Eygpt to win AFCON and again the Play-Off for Qatar.

Sadio Mane going at Harry Maguire, is a prospect that I am sure would **** the living daylight out of many!

Bradmore Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I would say so, although don't write off Senegal who beat Eygpt to win AFCON and again the Play-Off for Qatar.

Sadio Mane going at Harry Maguire, is a prospect that I am sure would **** the living daylight out of many!
DJ Sash running at Slabhead would test him! Ecuadorrrrr

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So does the bodies they're built on.
I was waiting for the comment. Was going to caveat my post but thought I'd leave it short and see what response I got. I wonder if every post about Qatar between now and November will have a response about human rights, workers' conditions and all the other violations?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I would hope Coady will have nailed down that position by the 4th game in the competition?!

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
World Cup always seems better with Peru in it, think it’s the kit

I agree.... but as an expat living in Oz and wanting the Aussies in for a bit of local interest , I'm hoping the " Socceroos" can make it.

Australian football is even more in the doldrums than normal at the moment so I doubt they'll get past UAE anyway.

Good draws for England again but you just know we'll have to grind out the results against the minnows before going out on penalties to France.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just have to say how good Jermaine Jenas was in presenting the World Cup draw.

I was surprised he fronted the draw but he did a brilliant job. He has grown a hell of a lot in stature in such a short time. A genuinely decent guy.

As for the draw, we will definitely get through to the last 16. After that, just go out and be positive. Our defence worries me, but in midfield and up front we have world class players who can compete with the worlds best.

Bring it on!

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
****ing hell BBC. You knew what time the draw was, why the **** didn’t you just show it on one channel? What a bunch of dumb buggers running this service.
Must have been a nightmare turning the channel over.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Beautiful, all set nicely for the England hype train to kick into gear with an easy group before crashing out 2nd round.

Beaaaautiful.
Here he his!! Come on England!!

Back
Top Bottom