Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves vs Haaland

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was thinking about this last night as the scores from around the grounds were being announced and Haaland scored a perfect hat-trick. In part because of Wolves' inability to convert chances for a couple of years, but also because Haaland is a freak. I said when he was at Dortmund that he is like a cyborg or has been genetically engineered to score goals. I think there is a chance he could score more league goals than the entire Wolves team this season.

Thoughts?

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is this even a debate?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haaland, i said to a mate at work about his hit rate, and he was like well he hasnt done it in the prem.

My comments.. city feeding him, he could get to 40 easily.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Haaland has scored 9 goals in 5 games .Including this season you have to go back to the Villa game in April for our whole team to match that figure
We have good players but we create little and score even less.The tactics are down to Bruno in that we very rarely get more than one player in the box so yes I am worried particularly with our set of fixtures after Southampton

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The bloke is a machine.

He reminds me of Ivan Drago from Rocky.

I think if we have the 'eye of the tiger' we can just about pip him at the end of the season.

doogisgod

Groupie
Reaction score
He probably doesn't need to score any more goals than he already has now. BTW are the rumours correct that we are about to change our official club name to "Wolves nil FC?"

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In fairness I have him down to score more than a couple of clubs.

I always have a few reservations when players come with so much hype, but even after seeing him for a couple of games, that lad is absolutely mustard.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This was about 60/1 in the bookies before the season started.

Incredible player. Love watching him. Pleasure to have him in the league. Won't peak for about five years yet either... crikey.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

All comps, he'll score more than double digits of the League imo.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best and unfortunately funniest thread for ages, well done that man.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
Need 3 in defence when we play City otherwise will be a bloodbath

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Maybe he'll be back in defence marking Sasa most of the match

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Suspect it will be pretty close. IF Haaland stays fit he is looking at 40 league goals you would think. We will be in and around that same total.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I was thinking about this last night as the scores from around the grounds were being announced and Haaland scored a perfect hat-trick. In part because of Wolves' inability to convert chances for a couple of years, but also because Haaland is a freak. I said when he was at Dortmund that he is like a cyborg or has been genetically engineered to score goals. I think there is a chance he could score more league goals than the entire Wolves team this season.

Thoughts?
If he's that good we would have signed him, LOL

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This was about 60/1 in the bookies before the season started.

Incredible player. Love watching him. Pleasure to have him in the league. Won't peak for about five years yet either... crikey.
Re his peak...not necessarily. Young Owen and Rooney were better than their older counterparts and Sheringham the other way around....

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He could genuinely score double what we score.

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The last player to score 40 in the top flight was Jimmy Greaves back in 1960/61 (41goals)!
I would be surprised if he doesn't get past that this year.
The record obviously is Dixie Dean's incredible 60 back in 1927/28... can he get to that?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

The last player to score 40 in the top flight was Jimmy Greaves back in 1960/61 (41goals)!
I would be surprised if he doesn't get past that this year.
The record obviously is Dixie Dean's incredible 60 back in 1927/28... can he get to that?
Some of the scorelines in the 20s were so funny.

There are some seriously dodgy looks to a lot of scores, think some United players were popped for match fixing around that period as well. Wouldn't surprise me at all

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its kinda unflattering to have this thread…….(((((( I’m not criticizing starting the thread, btw…..just the sad topic )))).

Some fans think one guy from City will score more than our whole squad?…..….god that’s depressing. After Wolves spending over €100m and atill might be outscored by one guy?

It may or may not have some validity but after the last two seasons and the weak start to this one, …….I hope we score more goals than last season.

Last edited:

Stee

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Re his peak...not necessarily. Young Owen and Rooney were better than their older counterparts and Sheringham the other way around....
I think Haaland has the potential for twelve consecutive elite level seasons in him, his off the ball movement is incredible, he has that killer instinct and he isn’t reliant on pace in the way say Owen was.

Injuries possibly the only thing standing in the way of course which can’t be foreseen.

He could easily become the PL’s leading goal scorer just depends on if he stays in the league that long or not.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Haaland has the potential for twelve consecutive elite level seasons in him, his off the ball movement is incredible, he has that killer instinct and he isn’t reliant on pace in the way say Owen was.

Injuries possibly the only thing standing in the way of course which can’t be foreseen.

He could easily become the PL’s leading goal scorer just depends on if he stays in the league that long or not.
Time will tell, but he has certainly made a good start.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's like playing FIFA with God mode on your striker.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Am so looking forward to Haaland vs Kilman & Collins. This is what being in this league is all about, as we look unlikely to be title contenders for a while.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's fascinating watching him play. His anticipation is supernatural. He's almost always in the six yard box, never on his heels, always moving unerringly to near or far post depending on the situation unfolding, always has his eye on the ball. He looks like he spends his day thinking about scoring goals, sleeps solidly at night dreaming of scoring goals, eats goals for breakfast, and his only thought in a game is getting into position to score as many goals as he can. No flicks and tricks, no admiring himself, no whining and flapping, just 100% get in the box, score, get in the box, score, get in the box, score. If he had the choice of saving a gorgeous billionairess in a bikini and her pet dog from drowning in a lake right in front of him or sprinting a hundred yards to get on the end of a Phil Foden cross when City were already leading 15-0, it wouldn't even cross his mind to choose the former.

Monster. 40 goals this season, no question.

shaygriff

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Its kinda unflattering to have this thread…….(((((( I’m not criticizing starting the thread, btw…..just the sad topic )))).

Some fans think one guy from City will score more than our whole squad?…..….god that’s depressing. After Wolves spending over €100m and atill might be outscored by one guy?

It may or may not have some validity but after the last two seasons and the weak start to this one, …….I hope we score more goals than last season.
We're only 6 goals behind him at the moment. We'll catch him soon. ;)

Back
Top Bottom