Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves vs Cadiz - Wed 14th

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A fairly basic question to start off discussion of the game. What time's kick-off? I've seen 11/00, 11/30 and 12/00
Looking forward to another episode of Podence the Pugilist...

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
A fairly basic question to start off discussion of the game. What time's kick-off? I've seen 11/00, 11/30 and 12/00
Looking forward to another episode of Podence the Pugilist...
Yes as above, it's 12 local time, 11am UK time (unless it gets delayed again, in which case it might be 11.30 UK time)!

Missing it today, did they put up any catch-up option last time?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
looks like hes testing both formations and deciding, hence why we are looking at a cb,

gives him options depending on the game.

raul clearly still seen as not fit imo

And podence/guedes playing for a role in the team.

Ait nouri v bueno

Although i think as a wb in a 5 ait nouri is our best WB

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do think we have to revert to a 5 to get out of this situation now. We are a top 10 side with 5 at the back , and a bottom 3 side with 4 at the back

We know the system, it takes the pressure of the wing backs to defend.

Hopefully this formation will bring the best out of nunes

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Yes, I noticed that. Probably 3-4-3, Julen's preferred formation.

If this is how he wants to play it is almost certain we will buy a CB.
I thought he was supposed to like 433? Hope he just plays whatever gets the best from the squad though. Did wonder if he had input into the Arsenal formation.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought he was supposed to like 433? Hope he just plays whatever gets the best from the squad though. Did wonder if he had input into the Arsenal formation.
His preferred formation at Sevilla was a 4-3-3 that becomes a 3-4-3 in possession, with the deepest midfielder sitting between the centre backs who split wide i.e. Neves. I had a suspicion we might be looking at a straight back five with all the rumours of centre backs we've been linked with. Makes us solid again and brings a level of familiarity back to the majority of the squad.

If we can play a back five with a higher line than we used to, it's not necessarily any more negative than the 4-3-3. With Coady, Saiss, Boly we had to play a very deep line to protect their lack of pace, shouldn't really be a problem with Toti, Collins and Kilman who aren't too slow.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do think we are probably better off right now with 5atB. Our CBs and wing backs that we currently have are better in those roles I'm fine with persisting with back 4 in the future but whilst we need to churn out points being more solid defensively is vital.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks to me like a 5-3-2 or 3-5-2 depending on how high up he wants RAN and Semedo to play.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do think we have to revert to a 5 to get out of this situation now. We are a top 10 side with 5 at the back , and a bottom 3 side with 4 at the back

We know the system, it takes the pressure of the wing backs to defend.

Hopefully this formation will bring the best out of nunes
Yeah have the same feeling tbh would have done it sooner as well, we would have more points now if we did imo.

Honestly in the future if we are to go to a back four feel Kilman has to be dropped for someone who is more confidence and experienced which would bring more out of Collins who I believe has much more potential.. Collins and Kilman in a two started well enough but as the season has gone have shown just don't work together well enough..

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unless toti is out on the left and ran plays as a winger, but highly doubt that

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
has comms started yet ? just getting silence at the moment ?

OK, got it working now

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Joao and Joe in midfield, good luck with that, I hope Joe has had plenty of energy drinks today ;).
That's the downside of having no Neves or Nunes right now, complete lack of physicality there, might make this system look worse than it actually could be.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
5 at the back doesn't have to be negative. While we were known for counter attacking in our first two years in the PL, we were absolutely electric in transition. All depends on how the wing-backs and wide forwards interact.

Whatever JL goes for, I'm sure we can trust him to do what's best. He just needs to get us out of trouble somehow, and worry about making the team and formation truly his own in the summer if we survive.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1-0, and Dangerous Dave on comms, what a treat

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
good if slightly lucky start 1-0

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is our new tactic get it to Traore in the middle of the pitch?

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1-1, another own goal, from Toti

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Oh well that was a bit too easy. Semedo no pressure on the cross. Toti placed the header right in the corner to be fair.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No idea what Toti was doing, poor awareness.

Cadiz all over us before that, to be fair. Was coming.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nelson's tracking back even in a five still leaving a lot to be desired to be honest, just doesn't close the ball down quickly enough.

Back
Top Bottom