Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Stoke Verdict

U

UNCLE REMUS

I thought I would start the verdict thread today, which is strange 'cause I didn't go.

I would love to hear from people that actually went which wasn't many.

I will say though that in my various pacts with the Devil this year, he still owes me one against the Baggies because England lost the 3rd teat, today was we would lose but win at Stoke in the league.

Last edited by a moderator:

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was working so didn't even hear the commentary. Be good if someone would give a verdict.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just posted this on the match thread, but probably should go here instead...

Completely $$$$ed off.

Poor, poor performance. Unless our top players all have 9/10 games we really are a very poor side for this level of football.

To those who say they arent bothered about the FA Cup, shut the $$$$ up. We would of had Brighton at home which should (for a premier league side) be a pass to the 1/4 finals. After that we are just the luck of the draw from a semi final, and then one good performance away from Wembley. At the most it means a just a few more games, and could of really generated some feel good factor around the place.

To top it off, if the muppets at WMP now move the game versus the $$$$ forward to the weekend then i will $$$$in miss it as dont get back from New York till bout 10am on the sunday.

All in all, im a bit $$$$ed off, more than a bit worried, and totally fed up.

Thanks god we signed O'Hara!
progress.gif

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I went and erm was disappointed.

Firstly the crowd for whatever reason was beyond awful. I'm not getting into the whys and wherefores on here as its being done elsewhere. 12000 for FA Cup 4th round is unacceptable. And for those mentioning price, Stoke filled their allocation of circa 3000.

Secondly, Stoke are without a doubt the worst footballing side I've ever seen. Battering rams up front and at the back. Its appalling stuff to watch. Relegation almost seems welcome if it means we don't play them again!!

We were average, poor even with a few moments to get excited over. Zubar is not himself at all, nor is Jarvis. Fletcher needs a better partner than Ward, who for me is better wide left.

Henry hit a peach of a diagonal ball first half that Milijas would have been proud of then proceeded to give it away in alarming fashion.

Milijas did ok but was far too deep to impact on the game. Hunt wasn't on long enough to impact and Edwards did what Edwards does.

Defensively we stood up to a barrage of high balls and throws and Stearman had a very assured game. I'd like to see the goal again to clarify what went wrong. George was George and Berra defended well. Hahnemann made a few smart saves.

It was also my first time in the South Bank and I can see why so many of you like it there. Good banter, especially the "knock it down" chant regarding the North Bank!! Not particularly vocal today but then I can't blame anyone for that.

Disappointing result but hardly gutted. Delighted O'Hara is on board.

Good to meet Burton Wolf too - good chap.

GAWAZZ

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now, not many of you (if any) know me personally but I love my Wolves, I sit through games from first whistle till last but this is my verdict. It's the first tme, maybe in my life I have come out of a game and thought " why the bloody hell did I spend £20 on that"

Did their keeper have to make a save? Not that I can remember and I have backed MM in the past but I truly do not believe we tried to win the game, 4-4-2 soon became 4-5-1(when Hunt went off) with a bit of 4-3-3 for good measure and when you change the only striker (Fletcher) for Ebanks-Blake that told me we didn't want it. Well to all you that didn't go, and in my head I have slagged you off for being un-loyal fans! After watching that pile of tripe - I ain't slagging you off now!!!

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mick as usual did not seem to do all he could to pick a team that would win this.
This was especially clear with his [lack] of use of the subs available.

This is why only 11,000 people bothered to turn up and watch.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mick as usual did not seem to do all he could to pick a team that would win this.
This was especially clear with his [lack] of use of the subs available.

This is why only 11,000 people bothered to turn up and watch.

He basically started our first team

Hanahmann (Sub)
Zubar (Starter)
Stearman (Starter)
Berra (Starter)
Elokobi (Starter before suspension)
Hunt (Starter)
Henry (Starter)
Milijas (Starter)
Hunt (Starter)
Fletcher (Starter)
Ward (Stater)

10 Starters and 1 Sub in the first 11, only reason Hammill wasn't on the bench by the way was because he was cup tied and Doyle was ill.

Face facts, we aren't good enough.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said on the match thread this is pretty much our 1st x1 and yet again there is just not enough quality around. I assume O'Hara will help but Hammill is untried at this level. Starting to worry!

J

johnybig32

We were good enough two weeks ago. We lost to L'pool and now Stoke, in a cup game.

Chillax.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good to meet Burton Wolf too - good chap.[/QUOTE]

I think he's a good chap too :D ST for you in South Bank next year :D

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Average and boring at best.We can't defend set pieces,totally lack ingenuity,pace and guile in midfield and please don't get me started on Stephen Ward.Some will say it's Ward bashing time but believe me,he isn't good enough.One good ball just about summed up his performance.He is so one paced it is embarrassing.As for the decision to take Fletcher off before him smacks of favouritism.
I am fed up with us going out without even a whimper.If MM honestly believes this squad is good enough to keep us up he is deluded.
One day we just might address our glaring inadequacies-no left back,a commanding CB(or two),the ability to defend set pieces,pace in midfield,players who can consistantly shoot with power from distance and a system that enables us to dominate games that just might make the opposition GK haveto make some saves.It ain't going to come from the current incumbent I am afraid.

C

CRAZEEWOLF

He basically started our first team

Hanahmann (Sub)
Zubar (Starter)
Stearman (Starter)
Berra (Starter)
Elokobi (Starter before suspension)
Hunt (Starter)
Henry (Starter)
Milijas (Starter)
Hunt (Starter)
Fletcher (Starter)
Ward (Stater)

10 Starters and 1 Sub in the first 11, only reason Hammill wasn't on the bench by the way was because he was cup tied and Doyle was ill.

Face facts, we aren't good enough.

Add Jarvis to the list above, and
we still have not got ONE player who stands out as a quality Prem player, hence the reason we are in the s--t!!

Back
Top Bottom