Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Spurs verdict

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More fan reactions to the goals yesterday. This time from other teams fans, and a couple of different Spurs ones, including in the Steve Bull Lower. The Arsenal fans reactions are hilarious as you’d imagine.

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Woke up this morning and was thinking about the game and it suddenly struck me, that at no point recently really have I thought, god we miss Neves - and that really hit home for me as I was gutted when he left although it d accepted it was going to happen, as he really was the lynchpin to me of wolves at its best. So to realise that this morning really hit home to me how well we have done in a) replacing that hole that he left and b) adapting our play with what we have to make it so I haven’t felt a need to miss him, which with how devastated I was about him leaving is another massive achievement for me really

I refer to my opening post here...

Just like Villa when Grealish left.... We have a new found freedom in the middle that was never there when Neves played.
More players in the box, running at defenders, quick, forward passing.....
I love Neves and what he did for us in the first few years, but it seems obvious that him leaving has given other players a freedom to express themselves. The shackles are off.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If I remember rightly every time we had to play without Ruben before he left we actually played well and won games.

For me though it’s the over reliance on Moutinho that has kicked us on. Something JL had started to go in the second half of last season when Lemina and Gomes came in.

Last edited:

Severnup

Groupie
Reaction score
There was a couple in front of me who left on 88 minutes. I just don't understand it.
I hope they enjoyed hearing the crowd roaring as they beat the traffic.
I do understand that some have to leave early. Elderly people and Ladies on their own plus others but football rarely ends on 90 minutes now.We have paid good money. Let's support our team till the end.

Last edited:

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I was in the ...we are better without Neves camp, and we are. Our midfield with him and Moutinho in it was too slow. That said, 5gere are game when he would be a better option alongside Lemina than Gomes maybe, but with options like Doyle we have more midfield flexibility than we have had for years.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More fan reactions to the goals yesterday. This time from other teams fans, and a couple of different Spurs ones, including in the Steve Bull Lower. The Arsenal fans reactions are hilarious as you’d imagine.

That's brilliant, the Arsenal fan who took his shirt off, and showed his middle finger to the camera....ha haha

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Woke up this morning and was thinking about the game and it suddenly struck me, that at no point recently really have I thought, god we miss Neves - and that really hit home for me as I was gutted when he left although it d accepted it was going to happen, as he really was the lynchpin to me of wolves at its best. So to realise that this morning really hit home to me how well we have done in a) replacing that hole that he left and b) adapting our play with what we have to make it so I haven’t felt a need to miss him, which with how devastated I was about him leaving is another massive achievement for me really
I said at the time,as much as we all loved Neves,he would be the easiest to replace
Lemina covers way more ground than Neves used to,yes Neves gave us some unbelievable goals,but rarely made those lung busting runs Lemina does and slowed us down when in possession
Not knocking Neves in the slightest he was the best player we have had in the last 30 years,but was never irreplaceable

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was in the ...we are better without Neves camp, and we are. Our midfield with him and Moutinho in it was too slow. That said, 5gere are game when he would be a better option alongside Lemina than Gomes maybe, but with options like Doyle we have more midfield flexibility than we have had for years.

I think Neves and Moutinho were excellent at containing opponents. Allowing us to win back possession and retain it safely. But it did tend to be non-creative. Those two, partnered with Raul and Jota up front worked well, because we could have 9 men effectively focussed on stopping the opponents, while those 2 could do the damage all by themselves.

Probably not repeatable unless you get players at that level - and as we know, getting like for like replacements for those 4 as they were at the peak isn't going to happen. Either have to strike very very lucky, spend loads or trust Mendes to deliver a bargain.

It was quite an unusual team set up and perhaps that's why we've struggled so much to move away to becoming someting resembling a "normal" football team!

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Some of those videos ffs.

Literally crying at that Arsenal fan, when he starts howling trying to do a Wolf impression. Then you had some others gooners watching along with Mary J Blige who is a spurs fan apparently.

****ing hell

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not really seeing where people arent giving him credit when he does something good. Saying people are wrong after 12 games is laughable really. We could go on a great run, or we could collapse in a heap like we did under Lage after a good run where we were on the verge of getting a top 4 spot, and plenty of people back then ( including you ) were out with these sort of "i told you so "posts and look what happened there. I'll stick to calling it game by game at the moment. If we are ****, i'll say so. If we do well, same again, i'll say so. At the moment, we are exactly where i believe any half competent coach would have us, we are a middle of the road Premier league side.

I wouldnt be using that United game as a good barometer of performance either, everyone pretty much performs well against them. They are hopeless. The Liverpool first half is probably more a fair reflection of our capability to play some good football.
We will have a good idea of the season and GON by Christmas. What grates, however, is people saying you can't judge after 12 games when the same individuals wrote GON off before the first game and after every poor performance.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Serious question, and MOTD has just raised it in my head again. Was the officer that played the last post actually playing it? I ask this as I played a brass instrument as a child and noticed she wasnt using the valves?!?

(I am not having a go, just wondered if it was possible to play mutiple notes without using the valves......if anyone on here knows or cares!
The Last Post is one of a number of different ‘signals’ and was played by a bugler and a bugle has no valves so the different notes are played using the mouth and lips. Not having to use valves also meant the bugler could play with one arm as they may be on a horse etc so need the other arm for something else or even potentially wounded.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That video is fabulous entertainment. "My mate's not picking up for some reason!" "Last minute shenanigans!"

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My 8 year old was asking to go for a few minutes before the 90 were up.We were in the south bank and he struggled with the sun all game - I forgot his cap!

Of course I refused - a real footballing life lesson for you there kiddo!
Note
Your son is 24 iirc?
Lolz

MIKE SLATER

Groupie
Reaction score
Due to work I only caught the 2nd half unfortunately. But I'm absolutely buzzing now.
On 90 I was feeling quite 'meh' and accepting of a defeat although I thought we deserved more.
Of these so called 6 points we've been robbed of we'd now be sitting in 6th place I think.
We're showing fight and quality, more so than under any other coach since Nuno and for that GoN I doff my cap.

It's a sex wee Saturday.
Yes we should be sixth with 21 points, and both Man Utd and Newcastle should be on 19. There is an annoying Premier League table 'without VAR' going round that states that VAR and has made no difference to Wolves' points total. Oh yes it has, it's just that the decisions in our favour are mostly correct and the decisions against us have been awful. I am pleased for O'Neil who I have stuck up for all along.

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Some of those videos ffs.

Literally crying at that Arsenal fan, when he starts howling trying to do a Wolf impression. Then you had some others gooners watching along with Mary J Blige who is a spurs fan apparently.

****ing hell
That lad who took his Arsenal shirt off and was howling was just hilarious, seriously had me in stitches lol

That other lady in the shades wasn't mary j by the way, someone's pulling your leg!!

D

Deleted member 13560twfw

I thought it was a good game. Think we fell asleep after a few minutes, but there you go, we picked ourselves up and we got the points.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That lad who took his Arsenal shirt off and was howling was just hilarious, seriously had me in stitches lol

That other lady in the shades wasn't mary j by the way, someone's pulling your leg!!
Ffs I knew it wasn’t really her lol

Funny as though. Nice to be able to laugh on a Sunday night.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
My 8 year old was asking to go for a few minutes before the 90 were up.We were in the south bank and he struggled with the sun all game - I forgot his cap!

Of course I refused - a real footballing life lesson for you there kiddo!
Proper parenting this

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
****ing love Wolves! Gomes was incredible, imo, and would have been my man of match except for Lemina. I thought we'd blown it. On 88 minutes it was same old, same old.
I still can't rate hwang, despite his goals. I don't like the way he waves his arms against team mates even when it's his mistake. He missed a golden chance, as did others tbf.
We have some seriously talented players. And now they're showing some heart. And O Neill some humility as well as respect with them. And they obviously trust his tactics.
Young and hungry team and coaching staff, both seemingly talented and motivated.
Might be time to believe again.
Ps my mate left on 90 minutes but thinks we don't know. It's a conflict between mocking laughter and silent compassion, cos that's gotta hurt.
Time will tell

Back
Top Bottom