Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Spurs verdict

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
****! I missed it! Had a commitment in York which meant I couldn't go. Changing trains at New St station and cursing at my phone as I refreshed it for the hundredth time with the match puttering out to an undeserved loss, and went for a much needed ****. Came back and refreshed for one last time... WOOOHOOOWW!!!! I love you Wolves!!!!!!!

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Those last 10 minutes were a bit spicy weren’t they? Why not show that fight for the whole game?

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From the Sheffield United verdict thread:-

If our past record is anything to go by, we should beat Spurs next weekend!

The mistake is not to realise that this is all about Wolves being Wolvesy and Spurs being Spursey. We were half expecting to beat Spurs and lose to Sheff U. It's what we do! We all know a win at Arsenal and a defeat to Burnley is in the script. (meanwhile, Spurs will beat Sheff U easily).

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How great is it to see substituted player's run over the other side of the pitch to celebrate (and get booked). Don't think we would have seen Guedes doing that.

Sat in SBU I seemed to constantly see opposition subs sprinting across the pitch to celebrate injury time winners, great to see it from Wolves for once!

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, something huge changed after the city game. Make no bones about it, we were awful before then and he was giving the most ridiculous interviews. I don't think he did well under pressure to say the least but the win changing everything.

However, he went back to basics and ever since we've look like a mid-table side lacking a forward line - which is exactly what we are. He's no tactical genius but he does seem to have got them playing together again, unlike those first few games.

It's also important to point out that the squad was always half decent, even if still a bit lacking at centre-forward and without enough options at the back.
Make no bones about it, we were excellent against Man U, excellent for the first half against Liverpool and actually played some good stuff against Brighton.

The posters on here who can see further than the end of their own nose saw it. The rest had an embarrassing meltdown.

Hilarious how there’s still a few who hate giving our manager credit. You were wrong. Get over it.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Serious question, and MOTD has just raised it in my head again. Was the officer that played the last post actually playing it? I ask this as I played a brass instrument as a child and noticed she wasnt using the valves?!?

(I am not having a go, just wondered if it was possible to play mutiple notes without using the valves......if anyone on here knows or cares!

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Most players picking the ball up where Sarabia did on 97 minutes, would swing one into the box for Kalajdzic to challenge for.
GON said in his TNT interview that he was screaming for Sarabia to lump it to the back post haha.

Those last 10 minutes were a bit spicy weren’t they? Why not show that fight for the whole game?
Almost like they’re humans and not robots!

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This weeks video is like 80% crossing practice :tearsofjoy:
Didn't see it to be honest... next weeks should be 90% then! :)

In all honesty, it's picking flies - good performance, room for improvement in some areas.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d put some water in your beer if I were you.

He has improved a hell of a lot this season. RAN gets up and down his line regularly and has really improved his fitness levels. Great feet and has the confidence to beat a player. He will get better as well imo.

He’s obviously a favourite of GO and I rate him better than Bueno.

All about opinions.
Agreed. He was frustrating today because, like Semedo, his touch and decision making in the final third were suspect, but he's been great this season, often playing in a slightly unfamiliar role. Even in one of his less effective performances this season he still gave Spurs something to think about constantly

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Martin Chivers, Pat Jennings, Alan Gilzean...and all you other 50 years of hurt, Spursy 1972 UEFA Cup holders....

Screenshot_20231112_065119_Chrome.jpg

Today, your boys took one hell of a beating!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess I'm happy today because of the past disappointment of the UEFA Cup Final and the subsequent League Cup Semi Final.
Any victory over Tottenham Hotspur will always be gladly received, as indeed it is today.

I imagine those watching them are either busy doing something else and watching this on their phone, or are also watching the game on another screen and using the watch along channel to give it a more social, amongst fan experience. Each to their own.

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
Thank you, Wolves for rewarding a 4:30am watch for me with a win! Yes, back on the west coast of the US after a brilliant two-week holiday in Tuscany.

I was a picture of frustration until the 90’ because I thought we really out played the Spurs for most of the game and we kept ****ting the bed every time we got in the final third! But, the boys kept at it and the equalizer by Sarabia was a thing of beauty out of nowhere. What I really liked was that they were pushing for the win and weren’t satisfied with the point. That attitude is on the coach 100%.

Speaking of Gazz, he set us up very well for Spurs and he had us arriving on n the final third up our right side, time and time again. And you have to say his subs were spot on! Well done Gazz!

MOTM was clearly Lemina—what a warrior! Special mention to Joao Gomes who came back in the starting XI and was all over the pitch winning tackles and being a prime nuisance. Also, I want to call out Toti, too. Love his pace on that side and he really covers that area so RAN can get up the pitch. Doyle had a very significant cameo with the quick free kick, releasing Sarabia up the right side to set up the winning move.

Let’s talk about Sarabia. I think the pace and physicality of the Premier League has been hard for him to handle, especially out wide. Bellegarde is much more suited I think; however, he has quality when he has time on the ball. Super happy that despite not playing very much, he came off the bench and changed the match! What a pro.

I don’t know what to say about Semedo. Some of our best moves were due to him, but his final ball let him down again. He’s so good in the middle of the pitch…how can he not carry that over?!

Anyway—what a win! Love our mentality and I can now say that I’m a believer in the coach. We are seriously one goal scorer away from being a consistent top half team. Up the Wolves!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thank you, Wolves for rewarding a 4:30am watch for me with a win! Yes, back on the west coast of the US after a brilliant two-week holiday in Tuscany.

I was a picture of frustration until the 90’ because I thought we really out played the Spurs for most of the game and we kept ****ting the bed every time we got in the final third! But, the boys kept at it and the equalizer by Sarabia was a thing of beauty out of nowhere. What I really liked was that they were pushing for the win and weren’t satisfied with the point. That attitude is on the coach 100%.

Speaking of Gazz, he set us up very well for Spurs and he had us arriving on n the final third up our right side, time and time again. And you have to say his subs were spot on! Well done Gazz!

MOTM was clearly Lemina—what a warrior! Special mention to Joao Gomes who came back in the starting XI and was all over the pitch winning tackles and being a prime nuisance. Also, I want to call out Toti, too. Love his pace on that side and he really covers that area so RAN can get up the pitch. Doyle had a very significant cameo with the quick free kick, releasing Sarabia up the right side to set up the winning move.

Let’s talk about Sarabia. I think the pace and physicality of the Premier League has been hard for him to handle, especially out wide. Bellegarde is much more suited I think; however, he has quality when he has time on the ball. Super happy that despite not playing very much, he came off the bench and changed the match! What a pro.

I don’t know what to say about Semedo. Some of our best moves were due to him, but his final ball let him down again. He’s so good in the middle of the pitch…how can he not carry that over?!

Anyway—what a win! Love our mentality and I can now say that I’m a believer in the coach. We are seriously one goal scorer away from being a consistent top half team. Up the Wolves!

Good summary.

I think what I like about our squad now, is that we have variety and it gives the coach choices both for setting up against teams, and also for subs. JRB is probably the option to start, but having a Sarabia who can come one and bring something different, it great. For the 10 mins he was on, he gave us that creative spark we miss while Neto is out.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Think it’s important to be fair on Semedo.. I think Cunha gets a similar type of abuse at times. If Semedo had great end product, and if Cunha was a great finisher already.. they would never be at Wolves. They came from Barca and Atletico.

They’re both really good players, but not complete players.. they both offer a lot to this team. They create space, create opportunities, do most of their jobs very very well.

We have to learn to love and appreciate what they do bring to the team, which is a lot.. forget about the bits they can’t do so well, because that’s what makes them Wolves.

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
Good summary.

I think what I like about our squad now, is that we have variety and it gives the coach choices both for setting up against teams, and also for subs. JRB is probably the option to start, but having a Sarabia who can come one and bring something different, it great. For the 10 mins he was on, he gave us that creative spark we miss while Neto is out.
I agree—probably the deepest and most balanced squad we’ve had in a while, including the Nuno years. Our midfield looks really, really solid with different options. @reanswolf had got to be ecstatic! (What happened to reans?) Lots of options up front, too. Just need someone to be more clinical (or find someone that will be more clinical)

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
Think it’s important to be fair on Semedo.. I think Cunha gets a similar type of abuse at times. If Semedo had great end product, and if Cunha was a great finisher already.. they would never be at Wolves. They came from Barca and Atletico.

They’re both really good players, but not complete players.. they both offer a lot to this team. They create space, create opportunities, do most of their jobs very very well.

We have to learn to love and appreciate what they do bring to the team, which is a lot.. forget about the bits they can’t do so well, because that’s what makes them Wolves.
That’s the thing—I stick up for Nelson all the time and I think he’s a good footballer. He’s so important to us in moving the ball up the pitch and I actually think he’s a really good 1v1 defender. But, good God, he needs to find some confidence when attacking. If he can improve even just a little bit, then that right side will be extremely dangerous with Neto in the team.

Last edited:

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thank you Wolves!
I'm still on cloud 9!!!
I'm yet to get to Molineux this season.
Admittedly initially it was due to me being totally disillusioned with goings on at the club in the summer, but since then my health hasn't been great, so things have been taken out of my hands somewhat.
Feeling pretty crappy but results like this one definitely give me a much needed lift, both physically and mentally.
Hopefully things improve on the health front very soon and me and my baby girl can get back to Molineux, as I miss it but my daughter is pining to get back massively!
Thanks again and well done to Gary, the backroom team and the players.
FWAW!!! /\_/\

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thank you Wolves!
I'm still on cloud 9!!!
I'm yet to get to Molineux this season.
Admittedly initially it was due to me being totally disillusioned with goings on at the club in the summer, but since then my health hasn't been great, so things have been taken out of my hands somewhat.
Feeling pretty crappy but results like this one definitely give me a much needed lift, both physically and mentally.
Hopefully things improve on the health front very soon and me and my baby girl can get back to Molineux, as I miss it but my daughter is pining to get back massively!
Thanks again and well done to Gary, the backroom team and the players.
FWAW!!! /\_/\
Good luck with the health troubles!

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, something huge changed after the city game. Make no bones about it, we were awful before then and he was giving the most ridiculous interviews. I don't think he did well under pressure to say the least but the win changing everything.

However, he went back to basics and ever since we've look like a mid-table side lacking a forward line - which is exactly what we are. He's no tactical genius but he does seem to have got them playing together again, unlike those first few games.

It's also important to point out that the squad was always half decent, even if still a bit lacking at centre-forward and without enough options at the back.
Were Wolves awful in the Liverpool game.....

Give your head a wobble.....

Back
Top Bottom