Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Spurs (EFL Cup) comms thread.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hacked off again. I’m clinging to the hope that sometimes it gets worse before it’s better and hop we can somehow drag ourselves out of this **** run. It’s not an excuse or sour grapes but I think it’s worth mentioning just how biased refs are when playing the big 6. Tanganga has committed several fouls yet nothing. Silva is pushed in the back which results in his lunge type challenge and gets a yellow. Hee was wiped out in the box, nothing and then there’s all the little shoves and pulls nothing again. I really do detest football at times.
How Tanganga didn't pick up multiple cards is a puzzle.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I must have seen another Traore...
Really? He couldn’t beat his man tonight. Didn’t go on any of his runs successfully. He did one good cross and it wasn’t his fault this didn’t lead to a goal. As I said to Bod, I’m not one his critics, but I wasn’t impressed tonight.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not impressed to see boly hugging and laughing with nuno at the end
Boly worked with Nuno in Portugal and again here. Why is that a surprise?
Is there a subtext that some folk don't want to admit that their claims to Nuno had lost the squad were utter BS?
Perhaps the truth was far from that and they didn't want him to go, just as they showed after the ManUre game last season?

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why not ? You still love him ? He did a job for us, got paid very well for it, left for a club he felt superior and now he's gone. No need to hang onto him at all. Nuno ? Who's Nuno ?
He was sacked. Yeah I have a lot of time for the man. I'll applaud him every time he comes back to Molineux.

Whoever the players decide to embrace after a game is fine by me. At the very least I expect my team to behave like gentleman and show some professional courtesy - if it's heartfelt then even better.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Positives, good comeback. Didn't lose faith. Chan & Donks in 90 minutes were good. Thought Hoever was good & good to see Boly get 90.

Negatives, poor defensively & crazy 10 minute spell or so to concede the 2. Thought Neves was below par. Also we really can't take penalties on the whole can we.

Move onto Sunday. Chan has to start IMO.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes. Afraid that’s about right. It’ll be too late to avoid the drop when comatose FOSUN act

What on earth are you talking about, I mean seriously? We made nine changes and still took an almost full Spurs side to penalties and you are talking about Bruno being naive etc. Give it a ****ing rest, PLEASE!!!!

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good performance ?.
Take it you missed the first half then?
The deluded continue to be deluded.
Serious, but serious questions need to be asked about the first 30 mins (or 5mins - 30 mins before some clever a*( points out I missed the first 5 mins)
Yes it was better after we scored, but Spurs clearly switched down a gear to two.
As a whole it was good, yes poor defending for the goals, but after that I thought we played well, I certainly enjoyed it a lot more than Saturday, I'm not deluded but if a person can't take positives out of that then I feel sorry for them.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
wolf (1).jpg
Grit, steel, determination, passion, hunger, desire??

Baaaaaa.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Knew it wouldn't be long until it's traores fault
It's always Traore's fault. He's better than he is apparently!

His crosses, despite being the only crosses we have, aren't good enough... despite them often being good enough. He's thick, despite him doing what he's good at, and doing it brilliantly. He's thick, despite him being fluent in multiple languages and never giving a Grealish-esque interview. He's thick... you get the picture.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really? He couldn’t beat his man tonight. Didn’t go on any of his runs successfully. He did one good cross and it wasn’t his fault this didn’t lead to a goal. As I said to Bod, I’m not one his critics, but I wasn’t impressed tonight.
Fair enough, but I don't think he was too wasteful tonight, but I guess we have been setting the bar low...

Mel Eves on a bike

Reaction score
I didn’t watch the match - listened to commentary - but just so I’ve understood the summary is Traore, Neves, Dendonka, Silva and Neves are all useless and should be dropped?

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree about the losing mentality. It needs to change and quickly. Dread to think if we lose on Sunday.
Well. I can’t see any other result than a plucky defeat. Especially after them holding City last week

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Eh, loser club with losing dna. Not much of a surprise.

T

TheConcourse

This in spades. So much naivety in how we're playing this season. Think too many are blinded by the pretty attacking football to understand this though.
What’s the alternative? Batten down the hatches with the most useless “CB” in the league…

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I saw loads of them hugging Nuno. Boly, Moutinho, Kilman, Hoever amongst others…

…as they quite rightly should!

We’ve got a lot of problems to address at the moment. Hugging an ex-Manager who was a huge part of their lives for the last few years really isn’t one of them!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady might be a nice guy and all, but a premier league defender he is not. Hats off for getting this far but a serious upgrade is needed.
And I genuinely have said this over and over again, but at least he can shout and is “good to have around ay”
The overall performance there, really confirmed for me that Bruno needs to be ruthless with this squad. There were some promising performances from non-current regulars. Others looked well off it and should not be starting next match.

Impressed with Hwang, he wasn't perfect but at least he got stuck in. Him and Donk about the only 2 that that phrase could apply to. The rest look like they want to be left alone to pass the ball sideways among themselves for 90 minutes. RAN had some good moments - 100% no doubt he offers more than Marcal going forward and crossing (a low bar, admittedly) . But also is immensely frustrating the number of times he got the ball with space in front of him and he chickened out and stopped to play a safe pass back. Marcal can't do any better, RAN has the pace and skill it is infuriating to see him not have the courage.

Though he's slowing down, the thought of not having Moutinho in this side is frightening, as even though he's approaching his pension, we would have no bottle at all and would be lightweight pushovers for all but the other lightweights (Norwich, Fulham, oh, wait.., just Norwich then) .

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sheff Wed, 1990s. What a night!
Brilliant night, but we were making a total mess of that one too until thankfully they started missing theirs.

The worst part of tonight's shootout is that Spurs had their brilliant #2 keeper missing and were playing a total mediocrity that was never going to pull off an impressive save if we had just been getting half-decent shots on target....

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually really enjoyed the match. For Eighteen Quid, I thought I got my money's worth.

Very fair play to Wolves for not charging an arm and a leg - stadium was rocking and it was a great atmosphere.

As for the match itself, typical Wolves innit. I'd like to see Donk and RAN (if fit) next game.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some positives from the 2nd half but ultimately its yet another L, all too familiar now.

Chiswick_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What’s the alternative? Batten down the hatches with the most useless “CB” in the league…

Understand the strengths and limitations of the players at your disposal and set out a formation, structure and create a game plan that maximises the former and minimises the latter. Currently we're seemingly happy to completely ignore our limitations and hope that we can simply out-attack teams. This is top flight football - a balanced, pragmatic approach is required.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope you are right. Can’t see it myself
You do surprise me !

In fairness I thought we would beat Brentford So wtf do I know. I still think we will click and be alright this season.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't we come back from 0-2 down when we looked absolutely dead and buried?

We did but it means nothing when you bottle the shoot out like that in my opinion. Plucky losers yet again.

Wolves2018

Reaction score
Disgusting? I bet you're seething right now.

How dare a man acknowledge his former boss whom I assume he has a lot of time for.

How dare Nuno acknowledge his former employee. Truly disgusting.

**** me, there's some precious little petals out there.
Haha **** me bill, give it a rest lad. I'm not a petal believe me bud. Keyboard warrior at your finest ey

Back
Top Bottom