Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Sheffield Utd predictions

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
BANANA SKIN ALERT !!!

It would be so "Wolvesey" to lose this one

Surely we have to put one of these teams to the sword sooner or later ?

Early goals needed for us, we need to start like a rocket

I will be all confident.... 5 nil to us (but secretly thinking itll probably be one nil to them :rolleyes: )

rubyloo

Reaction score
If the last 40 years is anything to go by, 0-0

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Struggle to break them down and they hit us with a set piece - we make hard work of it but 2 - 1 after coming from behind

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As the OP says id so love us to rip them apart,which we are capable of,but you just know they will park the bus and we will huff and puff and fail to bring the house down again
Some creative thinking from GON required this week,we cant rely on fast breaks and counter attack goals against these
Just need some creativity,so Sarabia and Doyle must play for me,at least for half the game
Ill stick my neck out and say we will find an answer to the low block for once
3-1 to the good guys

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3-0 to Wolves hopefully. Think we can all see the Huddersfield-style banana skin though

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hoping we can see Sheff Utd have another player sent off in our game, otherwise a draw at best.
This is Wolves remember and we have just had a fantastic performance and result - equilibrium will need to be restored.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves on the back of a creditable win in London.
Sheffield on the back of a 5-0 home thumping by Brighton .
Wolves mid-table looking to gatecrash a European place.
Sheffield bottom of the table with only 3 wins all season.
Wolves with a -1 GD and (finally) scoring goals and exciting fans.
Sheffield with a - 43 GD having conceded a record 65 goals in 25 games. I said 65 in 25!!!
Wolves at home with a vociferous crowd.
Sheffield away where they have just 1 win all season.

What could possibly go wrong!

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s going to be a terrible game and we’re going to struggle to break them down.

I’m hoping it’s similar to the terrible lockdown game where Willian Jose (!) scored and we won 1-0. Do fear it could go the other way though.

Used to quite like Sheffield United but glad to see them suffering after Baldock’s diving and Heckingbottom’s bull**** after that penalty. I know Heckingbottom‘a gone but Wilder’s similar.

An underserved late penalty to win 1-0 would do me fine.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As always in these games, if we can get an early goal it will make a massive difference.

3 - 1 Wolves.

Abbobrom

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They look a physical side, l hope we can get away without any of our players getting crocked.

On paper and current form we should win.
3-0

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I predicted us to beat Brentford at home 4-1 with a scintillating performance, so I'll keep my mouth schtum this time!
John C Reilly Yes GIF

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3-0 to us,
not buying into this Wolves are rubbish against the poorer sides nonsense, this game will put that to bed.
The facts this season prove that we are worse v the poorer sides. We do better v the bigger teams. GON has admitted that we struggle against sides where we have the possession and trying to break them down. We need that early goal to get them to come out and Neto can then cause them havoc. I don't think a point is good enough for Sheffield so if they score first that may be the end of the scoring.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The facts this season prove that we are worse v the poorer sides. We do better v the bigger teams. GON has admitted that we struggle against sides where we have the possession and trying to break them down. We need that early goal to get them to come out and Neto can then cause them havoc. I don't think a point is good enough for Sheffield so if they score first that may be the end of the scoring.
How hard can it be to copy tactics from the likes of brighton and villa when we player lower club opposition they both battered them 0-5

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How hard can it be to copy tactics from the likes of brighton and villa when we player lower club opposition they both battered them 0-5
I think them having a player sent off after 10 mins helped! I don't know when they scored but an early goal, say in the first 15 minutes could then open up the floodgates as Sheffield open up.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think they're close to giving up on this season, so an early goal could mean a fun afternoon. 4-0.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are they not one of the worst teams ever to disgrace the top division (note how I even include the old Division One in that)?

DO I NOT LIKE A 3-1 HOME DEFEAT ?!?!?!!!111!?!?!?!?!!11!?11?!

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves 2 Sheffield United 0. Hwang & Sarabia to score.

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On paper, Wolves should get the 3 points. But to do that, our team needs to:-

1. Remove any sort of over confidence, that the game is already won.
2. Need to play with intensity from the start to ensure that the first goal is scored by our team
3. Our players need to avoid their players approach and resort to excessive toughness.
4. The earliest our team scores will avoid time wasting
5. Decisions by the officials and VAR.

Back
Top Bottom