Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Nottm. Forest comms thread.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we could only do two things it would help;
  1. Don't give the ball away midfield.
  2. Don't dwell on the ball and get caught in possession.
Moutinho and RAN, that means YOU

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pressing was good.
We ground out the result we needed.
In moments looked threatening, but blunt around the area again.
Think we can still see the issues, but glad for the points.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Huge result. Unconvincing in the second half against an awful Forest side but the three points is all that matters.

Have to sign proper defensive cover and a striker in the window. Toti tries really hard but his distribution needs so much work. B Traore in for Moutinho.
Toti is a conundrum. Like Johnny, too many understand short passes, but he hit a couple of great balls out to Adama. I don't think defensive cover is anywhere near as much of an issue as the lack of goals......and, early days, but I am not sure Costa still has his eye of the tiger, maybe the Portuguese Dean Saunders impresario took it with him....

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought we looked decent first half and very scrappy for muchnof the second. Some good work from Adama and some half decent crosses, and Toti found him with some crossfield balls on occasion. The Ait Nouri/ Podence flanks just isn't working though, and in the second half I list count of the number if passes we left short.
On balance a deserved win, but far tougher texts to come.

Costa was quite poor throughout, however he would need to be 10 feet tall to get to most those crosses. Still disappointed how little Costa is offering. Ait Nouri and Podence between them are the Unreliable Twins. They break down more of our attacks than our opponents.

Definitely the better team overall. But given where we were a year ago and our summer spending, the difference should be a lot bigger. Forest were too cautious in the first half and that actually helped us settle. Once they were having a go, in the final 20 minutes, they looked most likely to score. They might regret not having a go from the start.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Costa was quite poor throughout, however he would need to be 10 feet tall to get to most those crosses. Still disappointed how little Costa is offering. Ait Nouri and Podence between them are the Unreliable Twins. They break down more of our attacks than our opponents.

Definitely the better team overall. But given where we were a year ago and our summer spending, the difference should be a lot bigger. Forest were too cautious in the first half and that actually helped us settle. Once they were having a go, in the final 20 minutes, they looked most likely to score. They might regret not having a go from the start.
It may help if there were more players in the box to aim at. Someone beyond Costa, who I agree, did very little.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
We were playing well until we scored the penalty. Forest attacked more and we ran out of gas. The players also seemed to get increasingly nervous as the game progressed.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My word that was abysmal pretty much to a man, but GET THE **** IN!

Our best players, namely Nunes and Neves, look so far ahead of the rest of our team! They must wonder what they are doing here.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I disagree, some of his passing was woeful.
Fair enough - respect your opinion. For me, he defended well, was no worse with his passing than a lot of others and even when Semedo came on, he covered well.

Wolf616

Groupie
Reaction score
Toti's performance was anxious and occasionally haphazard, but tbf he's a relatively young and inexperienced player in a team that's going though a bit of an identity crisis in a must win game. He's good enough to be back up for now, wouldn't be worrying too much about a new CB for cover.

Some positives to take from that game:

- Costa did **** all, but there were glimmers of hold up play and movement that could be good when fully fit

- Matheus has a real engine on him and was making some great runs in behind, it's just a shame Traore doesn't know how to do a simple pass or how to run into the space created by Matheus' runs

- Neves in the first half was his usual quarter back beautiful passing self - if we have double pivot of him and B. Traoré I reckon we could be onto a winner with Matheus more license to roam forward

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Today a win was all important and so success, performance poor and so glad I stayed home.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unbelievable comment
Not at all.

After the goal Forest were by far the better team and unlucky not to come away with at least a point. They missed two headers from free kicks that could easily have gone in. Meanwhile we offered zilch and could barely string two passes together, let alone keep the ball. It was Championship standard.

Or are you unhappy for the gaffer?

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Deer in headlights, good thing the transfer window is only 7 games away... just pray Kilman and Collins don't get injured or suspended again now.
Toti was dreadful to be sure. But he had good company. For instance, we need to draw a line under Jonny. Hopefully Semedo can get fit. And if Marcal was still here he would be starting over RAN for me. RAN lost the ball at least 3 times that resulted in Forest counter-attacks. Possession and decision-wise he had a mare.

You can see how unsettled Kilman is as well, doesnt look half the player he was with so many out of form players around him.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
In the circumstances l'll take the win. We at least showed some fighting spirit. Hope it brightens the mood in the training camp and relieves some of the pressure.
It was a much needed win that takes us out if the bottom 3. Can't care too much on how we win right now.

Last edited:

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
True. But we had enough of the ball etc first half. Just need to put the ball in then net. Without the pen we would not have scored

If that was just one match, fine. But it's been happening so long now, it's an easy prediction that we will have lots of the ball but struggle to score. We actually struggle to create clear cut chances - their keeper had nothing to do in the first half. And again, this is almost every match for the past year. Our possession is not a strength and this does not look like changing. It will be the same v Leicester and Palace.

Agree on the penalty. The whole match hinged on two penalties. (and Forest won on XG....)

Last edited:

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Toti was dreadful to be sure. But he had good company. For instance, we need to draw a line under Jonny. Hopefully Semedo can get fit. And if Marcal was still here he would be starting over RAN for me. RAN lost the ball at least 3 times that resulted in Forest counter-attacks. Possession and decision-wise he had a mare.

You can see how unsettled Kilman is as well, doesnt look half the player he was with so many out of form players around him.

Neves, Nunes, Kilman, Sa... the only names that look 100% good enough for Premier League right now. Adama, as ever, fine for an impact player. The rest, the only thing you can rely on them for is being unreliable. 5 bad moments for every good moment. No surprise even those 4 sometimes looked unsettled at the chaos unfolding around them! At times it looked like Hwang has been taking the skills coaching, as there were so many miskicks, bad passes etc. Even Forest entered into the spirit by running the ball out of play, scuffing, and so on.

At least we showed more effort and fight than I can recall from any other match this season. It was needed, too. That second half looked so "Championship". :confused:

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I thought RAN was decent compared to how he started the season to be fair, some poor end product at times but he's getting better.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought RAN was decent compared to how he started the season to be fair, some poor end product at times but he's getting better.
Too slow releasing the ball, gets caught in possession too often.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too slow releasing the ball, gets caught in possession too often.
Not as bad as he was at the start of the season to be fair, Jonny and Moutinho were also guilty of being too slow with the ball as well. Definitely need to pick up the intensity of our play at times, I know that it was commented that Bruno's training sessions were too slow and methodical, under Nuno it did feel like we played with more intensity in our passing in those first two seasons, and players were much fitter and sharper going into the second half of games.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not as bad as he was at the start of the season to be fair, Jonny and Moutinho were also guilty of being too slow with the ball as well. Definitely need to pick up the intensity of our play at times, I know that it was commented that Bruno's training sessions were too slow and methodical, under Nuno it did feel like we played with more intensity in our passing in those first two seasons, and players were much fitter and sharper going into the second half of games.
Agree that it's not just RAN, I see it as a major issue throughout the team.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It may help if there were more players in the box to aim at. Someone beyond Costa, who I agree, did very little.

Only at Wolves can we make strikers like Costa look poor. He’s not going to run around like Raul did. The real problem, as it always has been, is poor service and just not enough players getting forward.

Back
Top Bottom