Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Manchester City comms thread.

4evawolves

Groupie
Reaction score
A free hit and a point today would have been a bonus, so losing isn't the suprise.

Conceding after a minute, playing with no plan and Collins making a stupid mistake is an issue. It might be 2-0, but City haven't got out of first gear.

We are playing against one of the best teams in the world, and decide to trot out the same plan which has seen us pick up 1 win out of 6, with 2 of those games against newly promoted.

We know City will be all over us so our defenders have to be on it all game, so why we decide to invite even more immediate pressure by playing it around the back makes no sense to me. Yes, it will come back anyway if we go longer, but would give our defenders a little break and we may get a lucky break which gets us moving forwards.

Why do we have 3 up front when we know we are going to be overrun from city's midfielders and full backs who are basically wingers - surely a game to be as compact as possible. Even playing Semedo with Jonny playing as a 3rd CB would have been a sensible approach for one game.

Bruno may be a great coach but I think he has lost the plot and mentally not at the races with his thinking on how to approach and influence games.

And why do we still have Moutinho taking free kicks? Please can some take the ball from him when we get a chance in range!!
Bruno great coach really

Howler

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There it is, much tougher chance than Guedes but Citeh make it look easy.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just when you think City have taken their foot off the gas

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still cant believe how dumb Lage has been leaving Neves playing center half. And then he takes off our sharpest looking striker for Hwang.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No centre half and Mouts stays on the field.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We’ve given a bit more 2nd half but make no mistake this is a ****ing shambles from Lage. Clueless is too kind a word for him.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was literally just starting to rationalise in my head that if we could get one back before 80mins we could get a last second equaliser… damn Foden.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still cant believe how dumb Lage has been leaving Neves playing center half. And then he takes off our sharpest looking striker for Hwang.

It's in a state now where it's exactly what I was expecting. To predict Brunos subs, just note whose been the most effective player and it will be him off. The ineffective ones, or those on their last legs will stay on.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every manager has a blind spot with certain players.

Moutinho is certainly Lage's.
Against City, 100%. It’s lack of other options but he’s too immobile to play against this City side. They’d have a harder time playing around a traffic cone.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If that’s RAN messing around without clearing it he’s getting skewered.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Great pass from Traoré to RAN but the left back loses the ball in the box

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is this the Jack Grealish appreciation hour ffs?

A 100 million pound player looking vaguely useful at last. Stop the world.
Oddly enough Dendoncker who I wouldn't have moved on without a replacement always did a job on Grealish for us.

Back
Top Bottom