Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Man Utd comms thread.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Done well but need to make sure we don't drop off and keep 11 on the pitch

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A strong and controlled first half, we've been on top for a lot of it even though Utd have had the better chances.

Nunes imperious in midfield, lovely control and presence, which is needed because Neves is having one of his quieter, not-quite-there games. Back line has been decent aside from Semedo's customary brainfart - though he's been okay otherwise - and Bueno growing into it.

The problem, as always, is the powder puff front line, and Cunha can't be introduced quick enough from tomorrow. Costa all huff but no product, Hwang pretty much non-existent.

We can build a team around Nunes, however, can win today, and lots to be positive about.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Ugh playing against 12 men again where do they get these refs, if you're going to be bias at least try and hide it a little

As for us, ok but a bit stuttering but the signs are there for improvement. Just need the defenders to concentrate 100% of the time

Rugrats

Reaction score
Only just realised Hwang is playing - what are managers seeing ?

We’re doing ok but they’ve got Rashford in the locker.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Encouraging performance so far, refs a bit biased but it is Man utd so expected. How was Semedo booked but their player wasn't.
Booked for a genuine attempt at winning the ball and with no threat of endangering the opponent whatsoever!
A heavy body check using a shoulder, stopping a break, goes unpunished though, unbelievable!
For what it's worth, I think Costa should've been booked for similar just after the Semedo booking!
Nathan Collins looking way more assured so far today.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably our best first 45 mins of the season. We definitely look like a team and I think we are playing quite well, altho ManUre have had two very good chances that Sa made class saves against.
Nunes and Collins having their best games.
I do think Costa should have done better on a couple of occasions but he is definitely occupying their centre backs and don’t think he is as bad as some making out. Would prefer for him to be roughing Shaw up tho.
Would like to see both Traore’s on for Moutinho and Hwang.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Decent half from us but should be behind from Semedo's error and then that chance at the end of the half for Martial. Collins looked good and you just know we have a mistake in us so hopefully he won't be the guilty party today. Still failing to get enough bodies forward when we attack and I'd like to see more from the front 3. To me, they are too far apart from each other and the wing backs need to be the ones going wide. However, do that and you risk more... does fortune favour us?

TheTwoPigeons

Groupie
Reaction score
To be honest I don't like being a downer but that first half felt very much like other first halfs against United that we end up losing. Some reasonably nice play in midfield, toothless in attack and some dreadful mistakes at the back.

We're still in it though and I trust Lopetegui to recognise the issues and do what he can to correct.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting first half.. if we can cut out the silly mistakes, then we look good.

If we get a little luck, we might just get something out the game.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Costa offers nothing. When he came, I gave him the benefit of the doubt due to a lack of fitness, but he's had enough time to get up to speed and is slower than my gran. His timing is awry and he's not even scaring defenders. He offers nothing.

The presence of VAR absolutely kills the nasty side of his game that would at least make him horrible to play against.

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
Hwang back to his pre World Cup form and Game passing Moutinho by again…little worried about Antony against Bueno but very encouraging performance. Loving seeing Lopetegui like a conductor on the touch line…literally kicks every ball! Adama, Guedes and Jimmy second half and can see us nicking this!

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Decent first half,should be a goal down and stop faffing around at the back a bit more
Obviously need a striker but to be fair Costa has not had much service
Bueno under the cosh but just about coping
Semedo played well apart from that back pass
Neves unusually wasteful with his passing
We can get something here but you know they will score at some point

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Finally we look like we should. Like a team with quality players throughout.

Nunes is an absolute star in the deeper role, bring Cunha in to this side and we are going to have a great end to the season.

If this game is 0-0 on 60mins then we can win this from the bench.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellent first-half!
We certainly don't look like relegation fodder now!
The referee seemingly arrived on the away teams coach again though!!!
Why didn’t he book Casemiro?

Led with his elbow on Ruben.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ugh playing against 12 men again where do they get these refs, if you're going to be bias at least try and hide it a little

As for us, ok but a bit stuttering but the signs are there for improvement. Just need the defenders to concentrate 100% of the time
They shouldn't be biased at all!:(

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Don't want to jinx him, but Collins is having a decent game so far. Get Traore on at 60mins mark and see if we can create a bit more...

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I refuse to believe a half fit Raul can be any worse than Costa. He offers us nothing. Ditto for Bouba over Moutinho as well.

I don’t think you’re actually watching what Costa does. He’s pressing and occupying defenders in a way that Raul has struggled with since his injury. At his best last season, Raul was doing something similar with no more end product than Costa. I’m not criticising Raul, but I don’t have gold tinged specs about his form since that injury, and even more so since his summer injury.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be interesting to see if Hag changes anyone for the second. United are only in second gear …….leave it that way

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Competing alright so far. Semedo hasn't been that bad apart from that God awful pass back.

Nunes playing well, Collins and Kilman untroubled.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Oh man, rashford coming on.

And Adama for us! Cmon!

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 32118

Skys view on Costa.

Mix says he’s been poor.

I’d say somewhere down the middle tbh.

I think he's been alright personally. We look much better with a focal point, hold up play has been decent and gets in good positions though he's fairly isolated. He doesn't have the power on his headers and shots right now though unfortunately.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you look at this thread 50% of the team are awful or the game is passing them by.
Have to say I think everyone is putting a shift in and even Podence is looking decent fo the second game in a row, definitely cut out the rolling around.

Stee

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Only just realised Hwang is playing - what are managers seeing ?

We’re doing ok but they’ve got Rashford in the locker.
Surely he will come straight on? Only some silly disciplinary issue it seems.

Rugrats

Reaction score
**** Rashford on already - may a bridge too far now ? Costs off for Adama

Obviously turning up late wasn’t that serious

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think you’re actually watching what Costa does. He’s pressing and occupying defenders in a way that Raul has struggled with since his injury. At his best last season, Raul was doing something similar with no more end product than Costa. I’m not criticising Raul, but I don’t have gold tinged specs about his form since that injury, and even more so since his summer injury.
Costa has been good, in my humble opinion.
He's not offered too much of a threat but has definitely put the effort in.
Hwang started reasonably well but faded as the half went on.

Back
Top Bottom