Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Brentford comms thread.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good first half. Nice movement going forward, and controlled after taking the lead. Brentford look dangerous from set pieces and breaks. Costa looks the dogs today. Properly up for it and ably assisted by Cunha and Sarabia. Gomes needs to watch himself on a yellow, but has again been very good in midfield.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good first half pretty even tbf
Costa has been great fully deserved the goal
They should be at least level though with the couple of chances they had
Badly need a second as you just know they will get one at some stage

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had a funny feeling Costa would score today. He's been pretty good in select games in holding the ball up and occupying defenders but hasn't had much service. Plenty of legs around him is going to get the best out of him.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A little like the Bournemouth first half in that we've managed to create decent chances, but equally the opponent looks good at quickly getting it forward and getting the ball into dangerous positions in our box. The big difference of course is that we've made the breakthrough.

We do need to avoid getting too passive though. A fair amount of needless long boots back toward Sa when we have a lot of players ahead of the ball who we could pass forward to. Let's see if we come out looking to play positively now or get the jitters and try to simply hold the lead.

Plastic Shrapnel

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Good first half that.

It looked... Professional.

Liking Nunes being angry at not getting the ball.

Liking this narrow 4-2-2-2 formation.

Liking Costa and Cunha interplay and forward movement.

Loving Toti, Lemina and Gomes working their absolute *******s off for this team. Toti in particular has been blinding.

Last edited:

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah but twice, we let Toney have tons of room to get his shots off……we were a bit lucky he didn’t score.

I know. Brentford are the opposite to most teams in this league. Most are fine in the first 2/3 of the pitch and poor in the final third. Brentford are the other way round! The huff and puff, struggle to get down the other end, but when they do they look dangerous. Decent set pieces too, also a contrast to us. Could we persuade them to graft their front line on to our defence and midfield? Then could they cease to exist, please? Would anybody notice?

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Costa’s link up play brilliant much better than Raul offers

Lovely worked goal give him a new contract
I like the sentiment, but unless he scores an absolute boatload between now and the end of the season we need a younger senior striker than Diego

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think id take Gomes off on the hour and bring Mouts on otherwise i fear the worse for the lad

I think we will see a double change of Costa and Gomes coming off, around the hour mark. As you say, to protect Gomes and when Costa runs out of gas.

Probably Hwang and Mouts.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Next goal is so important. The first one was also important as the game was going to go one of two ways, either a time wasting exercise from Brentford or a chance for us to catch them on the break as they come at us. Better distribution would have seen us create better opportunities for a second but as always this season, errant balls cost us the opportunity.

Toney is the threat and we have to do better at picking him up when he hangs back. He's good at creating himself space and we just have to be more aware of what he is doing. It should have been done in the prep for the game but as always, when the game is live, players often forget what they were taught.

Let's hope we're as happy in 45 mins time. This could be a vital 3 pts to give us a bit of a gap from those in the bottom three. Time to deliver Wolves.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just seen a replay of the Costa goal. Little bit lucky as his first touch was poor and defender played the ball against him, but do I care. Do I ****!!!

arooooo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Off-topic; I was watching the Monte Carlo men's singles semifinals before this, and the match was suspended for rain 5 minutes before kickoff!! :thumbsup: (hoping it's ~a 2-hour delay)

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great link up play between Cunha and Costa

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dangerous cross by Brentford, Sa clears with his feet.

Back
Top Bottom