Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Bournemouth comms thread.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chirewa instead of Sarabia from now please. And Bouba in too.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, on the basis that Bournemouth could have had a bucket load first half, I suppose we got off lightly.
Yes Cunha fouled their player, but it had no bearing on the goal imo, and Max was offside. This season is boring me now, I need a summer break more than the players I think.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really bad performance and our form has fallen of a cliff. The thread about our season being over (where some scoffed and criticised posters who said yes, we’re done) was about right imo. Let’s just let it play out and reset now. But FORK var right off and take ****well with it.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Can't see us getting more than a point from the games we've got left. Just hope the **** poor end to our season doesn't have any longer term effects and drag on into pre-season and next season...

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
Will probably say more when I gather my thoughts but what more can we expect when we have a squad of 2 fit players on a good day and get repeatedly ****ed by a flawed system.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really bad performance and our form has fallen of a cliff. The thread about our season being over (where some scoffed and criticised posters who said yes, we’re done) was about right imo. Let’s just let it play out and reset now. But FORK var right off and take ****well with it.
We knew it once we hit 41 points that was as good as it was going to get

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ultimately we are a great counter attacking team, but we are pretty hopeless when we can’t do that.

No, we are a “Pass it to the fast lad and watch him run” or “lump it into the open space and let Neto/cunha/hwang/RAN have a foot race with the defender” team.

We rarely pass and move well enough to be a counter attacking team.

If a simple pass to the feet or in behind the defender to run onto don’t work we are more than often screwed as more often than not our movement off the ball is poor.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Home defeats
Liverpool
Man united
West ham
Arsenal
Bournemouth
Brentford

Meh. We stayed up. **** it. Lost all interest now . It’s the hope that kills you
And so many poor performances too unfortunately. We’ve had so many single half performances this year where one half has been a complete difference to the other.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His in game management has been caught lacking many times this season…..

Not an isolated case tonight

As has starting games poorly, as if we prepared for a different opposition to the one we are actually playing. Eventually, we closed down the midfield, but it was obvious there was something badly wrong tactically after 10 minutes and it took an hour to do something about it.

Other than that , the main aspect , obvious tonight but there in all our games, is that we are counter attacking team that relies on players who can run fast with the ball. Because our off ball movement and our passing is generally well below standard. Without those players, I don't know what we are. At least in the Nuno days, we could rely on a well organised defence. We haven't looked good for ages defensively.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is what I’m thinking. If it’s a foul then it’s an intentional elbow.
Well, quite. What they decided, to me, was the least sensible outcome.
Ignore it and goal stands, or if you want to send Cunha off for the elbow, an off-ball ‘violent conduct’ incident, then I could understand that…but goal still stands.

Giving him a yellow and disallowing it for a ‘foul’ that’s nowhere near the action, that makes no sense.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, on the basis that Bournemouth could have had a bucket load first half, I suppose we got off lightly.
Yes Cunha fouled their player, but it had no bearing on the goal imo, and Max was offside. This season is boring me now, I need a summer break more than the players I think.
Im not so sure Kilman was offside
I thought in real time he was a yard off but after the slow motion i thought he was played on by the defenders trailing leg
Didnt see any lines drawn just a big black square that told you nothing
Cunha did throw his arm out but had no bearing on the goal
Then again we have had so many bad ones i just accept that we wont score any more

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As has starting games poorly, as if we prepared for a different opposition to the one we are actually playing. Eventually, we closed down the midfield, but it was obvious there was something badly wrong tactically after 10 minutes and it took an hour to do something about it.

Other than that , the main aspect , obvious tonight but there in all our games, is that we are counter attacking team that relies on players who can run fast with the ball. Because our off ball movement and our passing is generally well below standard.

You took the words right out of my mouth….. which you will see in a later post of mine lol

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Whenever we score im just waiting for VAR to chalk it off, today I saw nothing wrong with our first goal, I thought it would be impossible to rule out... yet they find a way.

Would it have been ruled out if we were Arsenal,City, Liverpool? I doubt it. Then to listen to the two clowns which are Edwards and Oakley justify is ridiculous.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another horror show and completely outplayed by a team better on and off the ball, until the disallowed goal sparked some life into us for a bit.

Formation/structure just odd from the outset. Bruno Lage-esque levels of tactics with our best midfielder knocking around at centre half (Neves away at West Ham, anyone?), Ait-Nouri seemingly roaming around anywhere he wants and as a result not being in the game whatsoever.

Semedo, Bueno, Toti, Doyle, Gomes, Ait-Nouri, Sarabia, Hwang were all way below standard.

Lemina did OK, as did Kilman though he didn't cover himself in glory for the goal. Sa kept us in it.

Cunha, Boubacar and Doherty decent off the bench but it literally couldn't have got any worse for me. Chirewa showed good energy when we needed it but every pass he plays is underhit, not sure if it's because he's a child - helped them get a man sent off I suppose...

We've been rubbish for weeks now. Yes, injuries have killed us in recent weeks, but a side like that starting XI should be much, much better. Seven games without a win, and the only one we've won since February was the game where Fulham battered us and we sneaked a 2-1.

Stick that one on Monday Night Football.

PS - I probably sound annoyed. But I'm not at all, as sadly our season has been definitively over since we lost to West Ham (probably earlier in many people's eyes) - so for me, results at the moment actually mean nothing. But it'd be nice to watch us play well for once. I'm not having we played well against Arsenal either, we had one clear chance and should've lost 6-1, we just showed good energy because we didn't want to get embarrassed.

Onto Luton and a look at the fella who will be manager here before Christmas. :)

Wandsworth Wolf

Reaction score
I’m just glad this has happened now. It’s relegation form and the kind of football we feared at the start of the season.

We got enough points to stay up and tbh that is all that matters. This season would have been grim if it had played out like the past 7 games.

Need something dramatic to happen in the summer though. We won’t survive another season like this.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
Another horror show and completely outplayed by a team better on and off the ball, until the disallowed goal sparked some life into us for a bit.

Formation/structure just odd from the outset. Bruno Lage-esque levels of tactics with our best midfielder knocking around at centre half (Neves away at West Ham, anyone?), Ait-Nouri seemingly roaming around anywhere he wants and as a result not being in the game whatsoever.

Semedo, Bueno, Toti, Doyle, Gomes, Ait-Nouri, Sarabia, Hwang were all way below standard.

Lemina did OK, as did Kilman though he didn't cover himself in glory for the goal. Sa kept us in it.

Cunha, Boubacar and Doherty decent off the bench but it literally couldn't have got any worse for me. Chirewa showed good energy when we needed it but every pass he plays is underhit, not sure if it's because he's a child - helped them get a man sent off I suppose...

We've been rubbish for weeks now. Yes, injuries have killed us in recent weeks, but a side like that starting XI should be much, much better. Seven games without a win, and the only once we've won since February was the game where Fulham battered us and we sneaked a 2-1.

PS - I probably sound annoyed. But I'm not at all, as sadly our season has been definitively over since we lost to West Ham (probably earlier in many people's eyes) - so for me, results at the moment actually mean nothing. But it'd be nice to watch us play well for once. I'm not having we played well against Arsenal either, we had one clear chance and should've lost 6-1, we just showed good energy because we didn't want to get embarrassed.

Onto Luton and a look at the fella who will be manager here before Christmas. :)
Was surprised by RAN's performance in particular especially since I was excited to see him play.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We've been rubbish for weeks now. Yes, injuries have killed us in recent weeks, but a side like that starting XI should be much, much better. Seven games without a win, and the only one we've won since February was the game where Fulham battered us and we sneaked a 2-1.

And if rumours are to be believed…..

Our first choice ahead of GON but we wouldn’t pay the compensation to get him……

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
First game I’ve missed this season. Just seen the goal that was ruled out and genuinely can’t see why?

What was the reason??

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
Whenever we score im just waiting for VAR to chalk it off, today I saw nothing wrong with our first goal, I thought it would be impossible to rule out... yet they find a way.

Would it have been ruled out if we were Arsenal,City, Liverpool? I doubt it. Then to listen to the two clowns which are Edwards and Oakley justify is ridiculous.
The only thing worse than Wolves atm are those two on commentary. They are awful. I know they have Wolves connections but they are so overly biased the opposite way to hide their allegiance it's painful.

Last edited:

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Really poor performance. Thoroughly outplayed and outthought. As always, can’t fault the effort but even with the extra man advantage, we looked fairly short of ideas. VAR with its now customary joy-stealing moment but that shouldn’t mask how comprehensively second-best we were.

Bournemouth were superb throughout. Looked incredibly well-coached and their movement and fluidity was streets ahead of ours. Solanke’s hold-up play was excellent, with Kluivert, Semenyo, Scott and Christie all superb playing off him. Kerkez looked a real player until the sending off.

MoM Sa. Thought RAN did ok and Boubacar made a difference.

Sa 8
Bueno 5
Kilman 5
Toti 5
Semedo 5
Gomes 6
Doyle 5
Lemina 6
RAN 6
Hwang 5
Sarabia 5

Doherty 6
Traore 7
Cunha 5
Chirewa 6

What a **** up we’ve made of these last few weeks. As we saw with the Lage season and what followed, it’s not always easy to recover momentum once it’s gone.

Back
Top Bottom