Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Arsenal verdict thread.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
Horrible usual ignorant top 6 club. I got into a few spats on twitter. Have to say there come backs were pathetic.
We mustn't forget they had an unbeaten season back when those very same Arsenal fans weren't even born or were too young to know what football was.

Ah, and of course, Wolves have never won anything. Classic that.

For a club who've made a habit out of failure since 2004, they have the loudest supporters! Haha.

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
We mustn't forget they had an unbeaten season back when those very same Arsenal fans weren't even born or were too young to know what football was.

Ah, and of course, Wolves have never won anything. Classic that.

For a club who've made a habit out of failure since 2004, they have the loudest supporters! Haha.
I have had a lot of stick on twitter and had a lot season before last because I did not agree with people about Fosun. These Arsenal fans went with the same insults. I am fat and bald. Like I do not own a mirror and never knew this information haha

Makes you laugh though, as they will be crying when they have won nothing at the end of the season again.

Dingle Chris

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We didn’t embarrass ourselves and were in the games for the most part. A pretty poor game to watch to be honest but I can’t fault the players or Gary. If we’d have had a couple more fit it might have been interesting.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
I have had a lot of stick on twitter and had a lot season before last because I did not agree with people about Fosun. These Arsenal fans went with the same insults. I am fat and bald. Like I do not own a mirror and never knew this information haha

Makes you laugh though, as they will be crying when they have won nothing at the end of the season again.
Reminds me of the time I had a Spurs fan tell me he was going to deface my nan's grave. No joke.

Some people are absolutely pathetic.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
We didn’t embarrass ourselves and were in the games for the most part. A pretty poor game to watch to be honest but I can’t fault the players or Gary. If we’d have had a couple more fit it might have been interesting.
When you think that probably 7 of our best starting 11 weren’t able to start, we did really well.

JadeWolf

Reaction score
Reminds me of the time I had a Spurs fan tell me he was going to deface my nan's grave. No joke.

Some people are absolutely pathetic.
Take no notice. The majority of these big six fans couldn’t point out their club on a map. Deep down they’re insanely jealous of the physical and emotional bond fans like us have with our club. They’ll never ever have it.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
Take no notice. The majority of these big six fans couldn’t point out their club on a map. Deep down they’re insanely jealous of the physical and emotional bond fans like us have with our club. They’ll never ever have it.
Definitely agree. We have a deep rooted pride and connection that they will never ever feel. Soulless clubs. One pack one community one club.

JadeWolf

Reaction score
There was a video and the words to it posted on a thread a few days ago. Can't remember which thread it was

doo wa diddy diddy dum di di do
Running past the Albion, scoring number 2
He looks good (looks good)
Looks fine (looks fine)
Matheus Cunha’s on my mind
And he’s scoring all the time.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Or name a player from before the time Wenger started winning them prem titles…….

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully RAN and Cunha can give us some more threat on Wednesday
Not a chance Cunha plays on Wednesday!
Is a great achievement we didn’t see anyone sent off…..

Felt like he was itching to….
I mean, Max on Havertz is as blatant a red card as you’re likely to see, no idea how he got away with it!

But yes, the little niggly ones were infuriating, and I can remember two occasions where Arsenal players pretended they’d been kicked in the face.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a chance Cunha plays on Wednesday!

I mean, Max on Havertz is as blatant a red card as you’re likely to see, no idea how he got away with it!

But yes, the little niggly ones were infuriating, and I can remember two occasions where Arsenal players pretended they’d been kicked in the face.
Ref was crap, but for once VAR saved us lol

I honestly don’t think he saw it properly, as it was so quick and in the middle of a slick move where the ball was there and gone so he was probably watching the ball more than the tackle.

With how he was with us in general, if he had seen it properly I think Max would have walked.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Chirewa did very well.
Will be happy to see him start the next game.

Against one of the best defences jn the league, he stood up and was counted! He didn’t look out of place for me!

He needs to stick around next season and spend more time with the seniors. He is one of those who will do better learning from the cunhas and elements of Hwangs game like his movement than playing with lower players in the championship.

Rubberball

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Against one of the best defences jn the league, he stood up and was counted! He didn’t look out of place for me!

He needs to stick around next season and spend more time with the seniors. He is one of those who will do better learning from the cunhas and elements of Hwangs game like his movement than playing with lower players in the championship.
If we can get him moving forward with the ball more and playing with his head up I think there's more than a hint of Emile Smith- Rowe and Cole Palmer about him. He just needs games.

I liked his calmness and ability to keep the ball and pick a pass. He wasn't overawed at all which shows his temperament is very good.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we can get him moving forward with the ball more and playing with his head up I think there's more than a hint of Emile Smith- Rowe and Cole Palmer about him. He just needs games.

I liked his calmness and ability to keep the ball and pick a pass. He wasn't overawed at all which shows his temperament is very good.

The kid has so much potential!

I agree with you mate!!!!!

Fraser should go on loan, learn his trade. Lad has something, but he is raw and needs time in the middle. He has scored senior goals in cup and pre-season. So there is something to work with with him.

But if Chirewa keeps going like he is so far, we have a special little player on our hands!! He will be a good one to have around next season

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ref was crap, but for once VAR saved us lol

I honestly don’t think he saw it properly, as it was so quick and in the middle of a slick move where the ball was there and gone so he was probably watching the ball more than the tackle.

With how he was with us in general, if he had seen it properly I think Max would have walked.
I winced when I saw it in real time on the TV, could tell it was a shocker!

CrazyCrane

Groupie
Reaction score
Can you narrow that down a bit?
How's about everything other than the odd but if good aerial play. I think that narrows it down sufficiently from my point if view.
Doc, unfortunately, is no longer effective at Premier League level.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Proud of the lads despite having so many of our best players not playing most of the team played their hearts out and were still in it for most of the game.
Gomes was brilliant as usual I really hope we can keep him and Lemina for next season.
If Cunha had been playing it might have panned out differently!
Anyhoo,
COYW!! :) :) :)

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The atmosphere sounded amazing last night… not too sure on the new Cunha song though.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A good effort from the lads. Chirewa did well, particularly in the first half. Traore was good. Arsenal weren't at their best but did enough to win.

Doyle the Man of the Match. Some really good passing from him last night. He looked like a leader on the pitch.

I thought the ref had a decent match. There weren't any big calls to make and it was fairly routine. It was funny watching on telly and having the benefit of replays because he would make the right decision but then the fans were singing about the Premier League being corrupt.

The fans sounded good as well.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
BBC made an observation about Wolves allowing Coventry to overturn our injury time lead and how a win might have galvanised the team. Instead it’s now 6 without a win, last time that happened was the 21-22 season.

We gave it a good bash last night against a jaded Arsenal. But I can’t help thinking that GON’s post match comments after Coventry have inadvertently sucked more energy out of the team and laid a platform for the run we’re on. Hopefully a win against Luton will change all of that.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Knives out for Doc again I see. Just lost to one of the best sides in Europe with a depleted side, conceded a miskick and.a late late second but defensively Doc was terrible apparently. Doesn't say a lot for their attackers then does it?
I love Doc for what he's given us over the years, but he was poor last night. He'll be fine against any of the rest, but not against the Big6 clubs.

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
Finished the game gutted because the second goal was a right kick in the nuts. Called it as soon as Kilman was caught up the pitch and out of position unfortunately. Overall though so so proud of the boys, GON and the fans were excellent throughout! My take on the game for what it’s worth…
1. Take a bow young Chirewa! Thought he held it up well and showed some good touches and vision.
2. Back 3 very good, love Santi’s ventures forward and Toti helped out Bueno with Saka superbly. Max though I thought was rolls Royce last night…excellent performance!
3. Boubs the baller!…endless energy and exactly what we needed yesterday!
4. Doyle started incredibly, faltered a little but then got a second wind and tried everything he could to pick that pass.
5. Hugo steady but got caught out a lot first half. Seems to have lost that trick to beat his man though.
6. Sa made some good saves towards the end but his distribution still shocking and gives away possession cheaply.
7. Pitbull…what a player this lad is! Want him to stay for his whole career kind of good!!
8. Lemina as a 9…who knew?! :cool: Decent run out.
9. Hwang getting minutes but stand up man!!
10. My only moans….Doc and Sarabia. Doc looks so unfit, uninterested, lethargic and has cost us goals since being in the team…had to be stronger for their first! Sarabia…I know was only a short appearance yesterday but he bottled a challenge, didn’t help close down Gabriel when Lemina was right in him and could have sprung an attack and let a player just ghost past him without attempting a challenge at all.

Let’s go again in the week! Well done lads!

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought we gave it a good go considering the injury issues. Both goals had a massive slice of luck and the first came at just the right time for them. If we’d been able to keep it scoreless until half time would have been interesting to see how they coped in the second half. Think we missed a trick playing RAN at right back, but I suppose Gary needed one eye on Martinelli. Kilman was excellent.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No complaints at all last night. The lads gave all they could and could have done no more. Gary set us up brilliantly and his stock continues to rise. Thought Chirewa handled himself very well, Gomes, Doyle and Traore were very good. RAN looked really good when he came on and Lemina battled well. Such a shame our first eleven couldnt have been out there tonight. We would have got a result if they had been. Shi and Fosun have to back ONeil in the summer. No excuses. The squad cannot be as weak as it is now when we start the season next season.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Committed if unspectacular effort from us.

I would have loved to see our first team have a crack tonight, I think we’d have given them a bit more to think about.

Further evidence that Fosun have to back O’Neil in the summer. I’m not talking silly money, but try to keep the squad together and supplement with 2/3 additions.
Just imo of course but the old analogy of two players for every position is what we need and I don’t mean putting the kids in.
That might just give the young players time to develop their talent on loan.
This small squad **** only works to an extent, injuries tend to expose its faults…
Investment definitely required and not funded by lots of outgoings to our match day squad.

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
I thought swapping Kilman and Bueno round worked really well last night and we looked better as a back 3 with Kilman in the centre of the defence.

Like many have said we did really well with what we had available. Traore, Doyle and Gomes were all very good. Chirewa did well for his first start against the best defence in the league.

On to Bournemouth.

John Wolves Fan

Groupie
Reaction score
Not much between the two sides and we had a great chance to go in the lead.

Small margins between a positive result and a defeat. No complaints with GON who had the players giving their all.

Have to concede Europe isn’t going to happen this season but hopefully next season we can challenge the elite of English football and get there.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
I thought swapping Kilman and Bueno round worked really well last night and we looked better as a back 3 with Kilman in the centre of the defence.

Like many have said we did really well with what we had available. Traore, Doyle and Gomes were all very good. Chirewa did well for his first start against the best defence in the league.

On to Bournemouth.
On to Bournemouth now indeed. Gutted I'm not going to this one anymore but I had serious family commitments come up so it wasn't really a choice. Will be supporting from home and undoubtedly annoying the Mrs and neighbours as well! I'm being taken on the stadium tour for my birthday as a consolation anyway!

Agree with your take on the squad there too, been very interesting to see a young manager in GON grow with his tactics and choices and seeing how the squad adapt as well.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No complaints; but I can't help thinking that yesterday's game was almost the ideal, as far as the Premier League and media establishment are concerned.

A Plucky performance by one of the 14 also rans against a title contender, in front of a passionate crowd.

A good screen product with only a "mild peril" rating to trouble the regular TV audience and not even the need to have a corrective VAR decision to ensure a "popular" result, that will keep them coming back to watch the important teams who are competing for the real prizes.

It's good to see one of the provincial sides playing the part they are meant to in this great theatre of sport.

If only the rules of the league could be constructed to ensure that the make weight sides were always just at this strength, to allow for the ideal product without having to rely on the vagaries of injury and refereeing decisions.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree about the three years, certainly a silly contract but he is more than capable of stepping in as a squad player.
100%. He wasn’t good last night but we moan about lack of squad options elsewhere so we should be grateful that we have the cover for wing back areas that we do. He’s a consummate pro (seemingly) and even though 3 years is a year too long, I’m glad we’ve got experienced cover.

Back
Top Bottom