Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Arsenal verdict thread.

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought we played well. We have some outstanding players! And Boubakar did better than I thought he would. Gomes will be world class. Really proud of this team, they are special, never give up.
What was the song half the south bank sang through the second half? Thought they were good today.
Ref didn't do us any favours, as always.
Let's beat Bournemouth and Luton
There was a video and the words to it posted on a thread a few days ago. Can't remember which thread it was

dizzydonut

Groupie
Reaction score
Really proud of the effort but that second half was a fairly sobering watch knowing we couldn’t lay a glove on them going forward.

Thought Kilman played well as did the midfield three in their respective ways. Chirewa did well first half before understandably tiring in the second.

Sa 6
S Bueno 7
Kilman 7
Toti 6
Doherty 5
Traore 7
Doyle 7
Gomes 7
H Bueno 6
Chirewa 6
Hwang 6

Lemina 6

All been said before but such a shame that what could have been an incredible season was allowed to fizzle out in the way that it has.

On another note, I find myself empathising with GON tonight. My U14’s team is playing one of our promotion rivals tomorrow and 3 out of my 4 forwards are away on a Duke of Edinburgh weekend. Probably alongside most of tonight’s bench…
South Bank 9

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We battled well, organised to defend with little or no threat going forward. Small margins change games and I wonder how it would have gone if gomes had converted his chance. As it was when
Lamina, ait nouri and serabia came on arsenal started to look a bit twitchy.
A brave and committed performance with the players available just hope we can get a few more points to finish the season rather than it fizzing out.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We did well considering what we had out there but once they got the first it was game over.
Arsenal were very average but I guess they didn't need to over exert themselves considering the XI we had out there.

Hard to believe a Premier League club of nearly 6 years is having to deploy Mario Lemina as a False 9 but here we are. Gross mismanagement but good to see GON and the players still going. Credit for that but I do think we'll do well to win more than 1 game the rest of the seaso considering our absences up top. Luton were beyond dreadful today but don't think I'd back us to get a result next weekend unless Cunha is back.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tonight’s match makes me excited about what GON can achieve next season with support. A very good performance from a second string team against the current league leaders.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought we did very well considering the circumstances.
I think that encapsulates it very well.

We were cut off after the midfield so to threaten even a couple of times was great.

Atmosphere fantastic, the Cunha song is an all time favourite in the making for me.

Despite the lack of options it is so clear to me where we need to upgrade. Goalkeeper is high on my list and I think it’s on the clubs too.

el gringo

Reaction score
Did well in the circumstances. Arsenal didn’t have to get out of second gear though to be honest. I was a bit disappointed we didn’t put them under a bit more pressure last 5 minutes though.
So you would be one of the TV pundits that would say "Arsenal underperformed today", rather than saying, ""Wolves matched Arsenal in many areas, and prevented them from playing their game?"

Reaction score
I think having Dawson have his op maybe a blessing in disguise. Extended recovery period, I think Europe would of maybe been too much next season for this squad (as much as I would still of liked us to get there.) It has given Santi an extended run of games to get use to the league from a position of safety & I feel he is getting better game by game. It has also given Kilman the main roll in the defensive line. Major experience for both players. The team tried, the crowd tried, a far more enjoyable game than I worried it might be. A for effort, this team always give their all & so does the manager. But alas still no fisting from Gary.

Barnet Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hats off to the team and coaching staff. I can see Joao Gomes playing for Real Madrid one day. A master class.

Reaction score
Just got back in from the match and I must say I was proud of how the boys battled tonight. Quality shone through in the end but we didn't make it easy for them and the players deserve great credit.

I thought Max was excellent but he was closely followed by Bouba and Doyle who both had great games in the middle of the park. And what can you say about young Gomes. The boy epitomises what this team is about.

Bear in mind that if GON could pick his ideal starting XI only 4 of tonight's starting team would probably be in it (Sa,Kilman, Toti and Gomes). That shows just how depleted we were tonight and the boys who played all deserve credit.

Special mention to young Chirewe who I thought had a decent game.

Hopefully a few more bodies back for Bournemouth and Luton and we can finish the home çamapaign with a flourish given the 3 games we have left.

I really don't want Arsenal to win the league but I have to say that Declan Rice showed again tonight just how good a player he is. Best player on the pitch by a country mile and he could prove to be the difference-maker for them this season is they end up winning the thing

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's ridiculous... its not cheating though its "clever play" as commentators like to call it (only when it's a top team though)
Agreed, Alan I’m totally impartial cmon on Arsenal Smith, said it was a coming together so it must be!!!! Drives me potty, in the first half was it Hwang got cleared out yet no foul

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Agreed, Alan I’m totally impartial cmon on Arsenal Smith, said it was a coming together so it must be!!!! Drives me potty, in the first half was it Hwang got cleared out yet no foul
It seems whenever we have known Wolves connect commentators they go out there way to praise the oppositions Oakley was unbearable the other week.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never really in the game but never really out of it either. The players can be proud of their efforts. Midfield were all very committed and commendable, especially Doyle who a couple of loose passes aside was very good and never stopped trying to make things happen. Chirewa very bright in the first half and Santi Bueno also very good, although I think he is still working towards maintaining concentration for the full 95-100 minutes, as you would expect.

Let's hope we can get a few more points on the board to prevent any potential, and dangerous, erosion of confidence going into pre-season.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa 5 I think we need to upgrade in the summer, he had one of his better games on the floor but still not great
S Bueno 7 surprisingly good
Kilman 8 excellent mostly, I think those thinking we could do better are wrong
Toti 6.5 hmm, great at times, shaky at others
Doherty 6 not great, but warmed up and not as bad as some are saying imo
Traore 7 battled
Doyle 7.5 played his usual game and made time on the ball - could end up important for us
Gomes 7 little snotter as usual
H Bueno 6
Chirewa 6
Hwang 6

Lemina 6. 5

I've been critical of our support this season, but today it was fun in the South Bank. I'd give us an 8.

I just wish we'd sing the classic songs as well as the last one some coked up lads had fun with last night... there were times in the second half when they were trying to get the Doyle song going but it just needed a bit of: Come on you Wolves; And it's Wolverhampton; We are Wolves; Oh when the Wolves, etc.

7:30pm kick offs are a **** take btw. 6pm... fine, most people can get home, but I was going back to Sheffield and only just made it, and loads of Arsenal fans I spoke to had to leave early to get home.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Knives out for Doc again I see. Just lost to one of the best sides in Europe with a depleted side, conceded a miskick and.a late late second but defensively Doc was terrible apparently. Doesn't say a lot for their attackers then does it?
We did about as well as we could have with the players we have available. Doherty lost his defensive duel for the first goal so deserves a bit of criticism. I don't think he's very good in general to be fair, less so about this game as such but he's shown little to suggest he was worth a 3 year contract at 31 years old.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We did about as well as we could have with the players we have available. Doherty lost his defensive duel for the first goal so deserves a bit of criticism. I don't think he's very good in general to be fair, less so about this game as such but he's shown little to suggest he was worth a 3 year contract at 31 years old.

Agree about the three years, certainly a silly contract but he is more than capable of stepping in as a squad player.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why did he bring RAN on at right back?!?

RAN should have been leading the charge, instead of no9 lemina and sarabia (who is incapable of tackling, its really odd, even on the rare occasion he gets anywhere near the player he is pressing, it quickly becomes apparent he has zero intention of actually winning the ball)

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Really good performance considering our injuries and lack of squad depth.
The sky commentary fawning over Arsenal got a bit nauseating. I think they’ll come up short again this season with regard to winning the title.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
Just lacked the final piece to me, played quite well and Arsenal didn't seem all that "scary". Don't think they'll win the title to be honest.

Have a good Sunday, all.

Warrington_Wolf

Reaction score
The clubs hierarchy have left us with a team that is so understocked that it is incapable of sustaining a season of premier league football.

It’s a disgrace when you think about it.

It’s cost us an FA Cup semi final and a top 10 finish in all likelihood. And it’s cost us similar in previous seasons as well.

Not good enough. Looking forward to another price increase on the season tickets next year.

Stingray II

Reaction score
Our season is done. No Europe, no relegation. The squad is stretched and the players knackered. I could understand them being 'on the beach' and not exerting themselves. Yet, they're giving their all. I love that they are fighting and trying to win. They care. I believe GON has a real talent for motivating players. I see a strong community in this pack that wasn't present last season.

Back
Top Bottom