Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves match day reports (Sporting Star,Express & Star etc) 67 to 75.

R

Roby Wolf.

Hi , can anyone help me i am looking for "old" match reports from Sporting Star Football Pink,Express & Star etc covering Wolves games 1967 to 75. Or any Scrap Books covering said seasons.
Regards.
Phil.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
I have stumbled across a Leeds fans website - The Mighty Mighty Whites.

Some excellent info on the famous Wolves - Leeds United match on 8th May, 1972.

Not an old newspaper, but loads of interesting stuff, and a variety of pics too. Hope it helps.

http://www.mightyleeds.co.uk/matches/19720508.htm

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Another great read, bringing back the memories.

Leeds United - Wolves FA Cup Semi-Final at Maine Road, Manchester on 7th April, 1973.

John Richards hit the inside of the post and the ball fell kindly for Harvey...

The pic of Derek Parkin and Peter Lorimer shows Wolves fans packed into the Kippax Street behind.

http://www.mightyleeds.co.uk/matches/19730407.htm

P

Penk Wolf

Not sure how keen you are in getting this information, but you should be able to get all this stuff from the Wolverhampton archive which is in the old Molineux Hotel.

S

Shergar

Not sure how keen you are in getting this information, but you should be able to get all this stuff from the Wolverhampton archive which is in the old Molineux Hotel.

Penk, do you have any more info on what goes here?
Do you need to book an appointment etc.. do they have copies all off E&S editions like they used to have in Queen St?

there are a couple of family things i always wanted to check up on.

P

Penk Wolf

Do you need to book an appointment etc.. do they have copies all off E&S editions like they used to have in Queen St?

Kenny from the other forum has been there quite a few times, I'll ask him and let you know.

R

Roby Wolf.

Thanks for all the replys ,though it is origenal match day reports from newspaper cut outs that i am looking for,
I have been on the Leeds site good read ,i was in the Kipax that day , Leeds were a very good
side at the time ,both teams had regular 1st team players missing thought at the time it was a great chance for Wolves to progress to Final.
But there you go.

S

Shergar

Thanks for all the replys ,though it is origenal match day reports from newspaper cut outs that i am looking for,
I have been on the Leeds site good read ,i was in the Kipax that day , Leeds were a very good
side at the time ,both teams had regular 1st team players missing thought at the time it was a great chance for Wolves to progress to Final.
But there you go.

This archive place, if it is what I'm thinking - you will by able to take/pay/print copies of articles etc.. from the microfilms. Maybe?

P

Penk Wolf

This archive place, if it is what I'm thinking - you will by able to take/pay/print copies of articles etc.. from the microfilms. Maybe?

Yes, that's exactly what it is. I know Kenny got a lot of photos and cuttings from the USA tour in 67 and 69.

P

Penk Wolf

Best to book an appointment as a lot of folk use it. Pretty sure you can do it online or just give them a call. If he wants to use a printer, he will need to ask for one of the machines attached to one (only 2 last time I went had the printers on). They have every copy of the E&S from edition 1​

F

FLEET WOLF

I kept a scrapbook of all things Wolves around 1965-66-think I still have it somewhere!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I kept a scrapbook of all things Wolves around 1965-66-think I still have it somewhere!
I have boxes including scrapbbooks, programmes, sporting pinks, tickets, London Wolves stuff from 60s/70s. I am in the process of moving at present but when we're settled will get this all together. Tbh haven't looked at any of it in years but am really keen to read through it again and bring back such great memories.

R

Roby Wolf.

Wolves match day reports.

I have boxes including scrapbbooks, programmes, sporting pinks, tickets, London Wolves stuff from 60s/70s. I am in the process of moving at present but when we're settled will get this all together. Tbh haven't looked at any of it in years but am really keen to read through it again and bring back such great memories.
Would be interested in purchesing some of those Scrap Books ,Sporting Stars Football Pinks if you ever considered selling mate.
Regards.
Phil.

Back
Top Bottom