Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves in for Chelsea star

306NOTOUT

Going to be in todays E&S says Tim Nash

No idea who this could be, bound to be some youngster?

C

cooper_J

I think it'll be the U21 left back Bertrand.

Let's be honest though, the E&S are absolutely useless. The stuff on there is so amateurish it's embarrassing.

Last edited by a moderator:

GAWAZZ

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will we play him though? I was told on Thursday, Newcatle were loking to sign Elokobi!

I can add 2 & 2 and get 5 as well!!

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ryan Bertrand looks a v good player as does Neil Taylor at Swansea.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would be a great signing loan or permanent.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Other options include McEachran and Sturridge (unlikely i know unless Doyle or Fletch were off).

Coeur de Loup

Reaction score
Ryan Bertrand would be a superb signing (loan or otherwise). He was top-drawer whilst at Reading.

W

WasStefan

Ryan Bertrand

Would be a good signing for competition with Elekobi IMO.

O

Oxford_Wolf

I mentioned that he looked good in the under 21 match against Spain on the left back thread. Although Manciene doesn't look too bad in the under 21s. It's a big step up.

M

Mugwump

I like Bertrand. Mentioned him ages ago as an answer to our left back problem.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bertrand would be great ideally as a permanent signing. He is 21 now and he is hardly likely to get a look into Chelsea's first team. Worth £3m bid pehaps but season long loan would do for the moment.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn`t describe him as a star don`t think he has much Prem experience.Sort of signing you would expect if were just going up-to Prem but not one trying to establish yourself in the league.

D

Dewsburywolf

Bertrand would be great ideally as a permanent signing. He is 21 now and he is hardly likely to get a look into Chelsea's first team. Worth £3m bid pehaps but season long loan would do for the moment.

Unless they sell Cashley of course

D

Deleted member LP 3925

Lampard & Beakley (Irish connection too)

Last edited by a moderator:

mrwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
why is everyone so sure its bertrand??? Its probably that guy they released the other week who they paid 5million for when he was really young. Will be another one for the future that never seems to arrive brigade.Or lampard:cool:

306NOTOUT

He has now confirmed on $$$$ter its Bertrand

"So that's Bertrand from Chelsea and they're keeping tabs on Liverpool's Konchesky. Come on Wolves fans, which left-back do you want signed?"

IrchyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn`t describe him as a star don`t think he has much Prem experience.Sort of signing you would expect if were just going up-to Prem but not one trying to establish yourself in the league.

Exactly! 1 game only in the Premier League. Regardless of any raw talent he may possess, he'd be a very big gamble.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really don't think this is the answer to our left back issue , we should be in for an experienced player - ok as cover I guess but that's not we need when we have the current weak links of Elokobi and Ward.

mrwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Exactly! 1 game only in the Premier League. Regardless of any raw talent he may possess, he'd be a very big gamble.

To be fair chelsea do have ashley cole as there left back!! If its a loan then i see no reason why we shoudnt take it up to be honest, Konchesky could be brought in aswell. And use ward as our 4th striker.

Pessimistic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Enough foolishness. Stop jumping on the media bandwagon! My cousin's dog-minder's brother's best man at his friend's wedding told me we're in for Ramires as a replacement for Henry

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bertrand is a Proper competent LB and would be a huge step up on George and Ward IMO. This is the sort of signing that would improve the squad no end and not the likes of Matt Mills

B

Brandons gramps

Interesting that it appears that Chelsea contacted Wolves and offerd him rather that us asking them. They must have been impressed with our loan of Mancienne....

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Konchesky is 30 so hardly one for the future but I could see MM bringing him in as long as Liverpool/Konchesky don't want too much. I would have thought £1.5m absolute tops and ideally £1m. Personally I would prefer Bertrand who after a (hopefully) successful loan we might buy from Chelsea. He could be our first choice LB for many a year if everything went well. Also saves money to be spent on two new CBs. Inexperienced at Premiership level but has done well in his Championship loans and for England U.21s -ready to take a step up I reckon.

S

savagewolf

Im sick of these type of threads , we never sign them so why bother

mrwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Interesting that it appears that Chelsea contacted Wolves and offerd him rather that us asking them. They must have been impressed with our loan of Mancienne....

well hamburg wouyld of signed him from what they had seen of him at wolves, so i guess we helped chelsea mug hamburg to the sum of 3.5million. I guess this is just a little thankyou!:D

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Completely genuine question: Are the E & S in the know at all or do they just rely on guesswork?

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They used to be! then they shot themselves in the foot by $$$$ing off the club and are forced to peddle tattle tale and ballcocks.

D

Deleted member 3604

Good deal IMO. Hope he's more Va Va Voom than Ca Plane Pour Moi.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What did they do to $$$$ off the club? (If indeed it may be answered without fear of repercussions on a message board)

M

Mr Wolf

The thing is with these kids at Chelsea Man Utd etc they will never replace Cole, Evra, Terry, Lampard so they may as well come to us :D

Back
Top Bottom