Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves for sale?

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe a sale is in the pipeline and JL knows who the new owner is and is prepared to stick around because they're ****ing minted.

If Fosun are looking to strip the club of its assets, why aren't they taking the Kilman money?

As much as I've enjoyed the ride with Fosun (well maybe not so much the last few seasons)... I can't say I'd be bothered if they went tomorrow. My connection is with the club and players, not with the owners.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think most fans this preseason would have taken it if the club had come out and said. We haven't got much funds unless X Y and Z happen . But yet again a closed book by Fosun and Shi . I was looking forward to seeing Giles , Sanderson and Chiquinho given a go. I liked Doc but Spurs didn't rate him neither A Madrid which I know might be a step up , but he can only play in a 5 not a 4 .

Strange though that lots of Chinese owners of football clubs have either left or selling up or not investing in the English game. Unless someone can name another Chinese owned club in England where they are spending.
There were plenty of interest from china when we were bought.China were spending money over here as they wanted to be world leaders in football terms.Since COVID they have bin told to curb the spending over here and the relation to G B ay as strong now as it was.Now Saudi have their fingers in the pie.They’ve probably thinking,let’s get out before we are shown up by them.They ay never gonna spend the amounts the Saudis will.And if it’s true that we have bin after investment for over a couple of years with no success shows they all ya need to know.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What’s in it for anyone that buys us for “280/340m”?

Fosun stand a chance of breaking even (or maybe making a small return) but any new owners are probably staring at a loss making machine full in the face?
Go down they might get 140m at the most still 100m profit

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I read the article on the athletic much earlier today and I didn’t get the impression the club was being sold. This may have been a waste of a thread :)
Great would be nice if Shi could make a statement or Fosun . But like Albion's and Villa's owners before silence says it all . Communication is king as the saying goes. Especially after the last couple of days .

As at the moment we have a statement from a ****ed off manager that says it all really .

Unless you want to lift the carpet and someone gets a brush to sweep it under it :)

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we were sold today how much would it need to be for Fosun to have made a profit overall?

Wolf of Wall Heath

Reaction score
I really hope one of these Arab states doesn’t buy us as part of some sports washing sham.

I will mean the end of my season ticket and my time ‘investing’ in Wolves financially.

For those of you using the facile ‘the Chinese are no different’ argument to justify you taking the knee for whoever waves a chequebook. You might be right, but we are 6-7 years on from ‘the Chinese’ taking us over. We are all wiser and more clued in about the world - including the whole sportswashing issue, the human rights issues, the huawai/state snooping stories. Pleading stupidity because it justifies you turning a blind eye to our great club being run by wrong uns is really depressing.

Whoever said they would rather be in the championship. I’m with you.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Each to their own but I would hazard a guess not one single Newcastle fan has given up their season ticket as part of some moral protest. I live in Manchester and City fans still haven’t come down from cloud 9 since winning the UCL.

They are all having the absolute time of their lives.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really hope one of these Arab states doesn’t buy us as part of some sports washing sham.

I will mean the end of my season ticket and my time ‘investing’ in Wolves financially.

For those of you using the facile ‘the Chinese are no different’ argument to justify you taking the knee for whoever waves a chequebook. You might be right, but we are 6-7 years on from ‘the Chinese’ taking us over. We are all wiser and more clued in about the world - including the whole sportswashing issue, the human rights issues, the huawai/state snooping stories. Pleading stupidity because it justifies you turning a blind eye to our great club being run by wrong uns is really depressing.

Whoever said they would rather be in the championship. I’m with you.
Who exactly would you want running us because there are wrong uns all over the world.

Wolf of Wall Heath

Reaction score
Who exactly would you want running us because there are wrong uns all over the world.
Dunno. throw a few at me. It’s ok for me to not want our club to be owned by people/governments who don’t actively treat woman and same sex couples as less than equal/criminal though, isn’t it?

Wolf of Wall Heath

Reaction score
The vast majority of people who can afford a football club as a play toy haven’t earned their fortune through blood and sweat.
Yeah. But there are graduations between ‘is a bit of a ****er in the boardroom’ and ‘subjugate a gender’. Aren’t there? It can’t be that Boolean, right?

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yeah. But there are graduations between ‘is a bit of a ****er in the boardroom’ and ‘subjugate a gender’. Aren’t there? It can’t be that Boolean, right?
Depends what your morals are or if you just adjust them to suit the agenda.

For example, you don’t want to be owned by someone who doesn’t treat people equally but it’s okay to be owned by someone who has made their money through some illegitimate means?

Is one more morally wrong than the other?

Wolf of Wall Heath

Reaction score
Depends what your morals are or if you just adjust them to suit the agenda.

For example, you don’t want to be owned by someone who doesn’t treat people equally but it’s okay to be owned by someone who has made their money through some illegitimate means?

Is one more morally wrong than the other?
I adjust my morals as I become smarter, informed and enlightened.

I’m a work in progress, but I do my best.

With regards to the ‘is one more morally wrong than another’ I’d reflect that back on you man. What do you think? If Starbucks brought us tomorrow, having manipulated taxation and other laws to avoid paying taxes In the uk, instead of a company effectively acting as the commercial front for a nation state where further education for women is frowned upon, or same sex marriages are illegal, what would you think?

Do you think their transgressions are the same?

Are you less comfortable with tax evasion than you are with telling two women who love each other that you don’t recognise their bond?

It’s not my call what you think. But I am no de facto ‘ok’ with any random company or country buying us.

Yorkshire Wolf

Reaction score
Not checked into this thread much today what’s the verdict are we any closer to knowing if we’re selling or is it smoke and mirrors?

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There is no perfect answer, as you’ll never please all the people all of the time.

What one thinks is right, another sees as wrong. It’s not a level playing field if it’s okay for some clubs to be owned by mega rich owners, irrespective of their morals and integrity but not okay for others.

Unfortunately, we are too far down the road to start changing rules to realign things. Once politics becomes bigger than the game then there is no way back.

Wolf of Wall Heath

Reaction score
Why are we ‘too far down the road’ and who agreed politics were ‘bigger than the game’?

They feel like sound bites that help the ********s move in with no resistance.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Why are we ‘too far down the road’ and who agreed politics were ‘bigger than the game’?

They feel like sound bites that help the ********s move in with no resistance.
Well, they have haven’t they? City owner, Newcastle, etc.

Wolf of Wall Heath

Reaction score
In what way? Morally? We’re obviously not better in terms of success.
Well you’ve named Newcastle, an ambiguous’city’ and an etc. so I am obviously not referring to our commercial or competition success.

I would like to think we could be better in terms of our decision making, morally - I thought that might be obvious in my general posture here - I’m not saying I’m right; it’s my position

I’m thinking more of an out of darkness cometh right. Type thing

Howler

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm claiming this - Jeff has read "The Thrill is Gone..." thread, called Guo and told him, "think it's beyond me now" Guo "me too tbh the thrill has gone for me as well, things ain't what they used to be, think it's time we called it a day and moved on with our lives".

Whilst your post is in jest, it's not far that from the truth. Reality is what has set in for Guo and the Fosun board - owning professional football clubs as a means to create profit (or at least be self sustainable) through player trades isn't realistic. They were sold a golden goose by Jorge's crew, when really all Fosun needed to do was get deeper into the player management agency game if profit was their end goal.

Guo barely comes and watches us play anymore so the thrill is indeed gone for him, the final straws for him were no doubt the long chase to hire JL and the splurge in January just to keep us in the top division. There's no genuine "footballing" aspirations for us anymore from the top and it filters down, hence the insipid, soulless football we've dished up these past few seasons. (Covid played a large role in this also tbf)

At the end of the day, Fosun is a holdings company and we have been for sale (either completely or partially) since the day they bought us if the offer was right.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It depends what you want from your club. If you want to win things, irrespective of how that is achieved, then any owner who backs the manager to the hilt will be seen as a good owner, whether the funds are legit or not.

If you want us to be morally and ethically perfect and finish mid Championship then that’s fine.

In this current era, if you want to compete at the top, you may have to compromise.

Wolf of Wall Heath

Reaction score
It depends what you want from your club. If you want to win things, irrespective of how that is achieved, then any owner who backs the manager to the hilt will be seen as a good owner, whether the funds are legit or not.

If you want us to be morally and ethically perfect and finish mid Championship then that’s fine.

In this current era, if you want to compete at the top, you may have to compromise.

‘Any owner who ….to the hilt …good owner’
Not by me,mate. I wouldn’t presume to tell you how to live your life and above all else you’re a wolves fan so I’d gladly buy you a beer and break bread any day, but I tell you this much I have a ten year old daughter. She’s whip crack smart, tenacious and resourceful and I love her with every fibre of what I am and I’m ****ed if, right now, I’m going to welcome new owners who respect and regard her less than me, purely on whAt she has between her legs. No ta.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Each to their own but I would hazard a guess not one single Newcastle fan has given up their season ticket as part of some moral protest. I live in Manchester and City fans still haven’t come down from cloud 9 since winning the UCL.

They are all having the absolute time of their lives.

Always remember reading something written by the Newcastle LGBTQ supporters group about how they wanted to work with new owners about gay rights and outdated laws in Saudi.... like a country universally criticised across the world for its actions is suddenly going to listen to a fan group.

No mention of any of its member giving up season tickets etc despite the horrific treatment of people identifying as LGBTQ in Saudi Arabia.

Truth is football is one thing which morals and personal beliefs go out the window for the vast majority of supporters.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Go down they might get 140m at the most still 100m profit
A £100m profit…….I wonder if that’s even remotely accurate.

Add up every pound they have spent on ALL wages, all food, transportation, equipment, stationary, laundry etc and then look at all income.
I doubt they made much profit.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not by me,mate. I wouldn’t presume to tell you how to live your life and above all else you’re a wolves fan so I’d gladly buy you a beer and break bread any day, but I tell you this much I have a ten year old daughter. She’s whip crack smart, tenacious and resourceful and I love her with every fibre of what I am and I’m ****ed if, right now, I’m going to welcome new owners who respect and regard her less than me, purely on whAt she has between her legs. No ta.
As the father of a slightly younger daughter l would absolutely agree with that.

Wolf of Wall Heath

Reaction score
Always remember reading something written by the Newcastle LGBTQ supporters group about how they wanted to work with new owners about gay rights and outdated laws in Saudi.... like a country universally criticised across the world for its actions is suddenly going to listen to a fan group.

No mention of any of its member giving up season tickets etc despite the horrific treatment of people identifying as LGBTQ in Saudi Arabia.

Truth is football is one thing which morals and personal beliefs go out the window for the vast majority of supporters.
A million percent this. Who cares enough. Or is the bad stuff something you can set aside? When brewdog were **** with their employees, I didn’t spend on their product. Now there’s an issue with McDonald’s I’ll do the same (and im a fatty - it’s hurting me more than them!).
Where are your morals,?

Are we just the same as everyone else?

Yorkshire Wolf

Reaction score

I think some people realise that they can’t make a noticeable impact like you said so just put it to the side and ignore it.

Its not like the rich Saudis are going to say “joebloggs123 on Twitter has said all our money is from dirty oil rigs let’s put a stop to it and go into renewable energy”

Rufio

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What an awful position to be put in. I'm sorry that you may have to face that decision and I hope that you don't have to.

Why is the world so ****ed up?

It’s an easy decision really. They would have left me, not the other way round

Rufio

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

This. These people treat women like dirt, persecute gay people and let’s not go into their stance on trans people. Human rights are more important than football.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No but Ruben Neves is getting to know them at Al Hilal and they offered £259 million just for a player Kylian Mbappe

Ruben always said he'll come back to Molinuex so hopefully he will in partnership with Saudis to own the club

I wonder how Mrs. Neves likes her new country where they treat women so badly….hey, I don’t care……she didn’t have to go.
All those times Ruben took the knee………ha……but the money is great, so all is ok.

Back
Top Bottom