Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves for sale?

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Potentially my club valuation is way off the mark here… But what might we be worth in the PL to buy? Approx £150m maybe?

But in the Championship, £30m?

Pure estimations based on guess work and nothing else… So here’s a completely clutched at theory:

Fosun have wanted to sell Wolves for a while, thought it would be done in last 12 months, but failed to find the buyer needed, then when we were looking nailed on for relegation they splashed the cash in January to keep us in the PL and protect their asset - hoping a sale would materialize this summer.

No interest has been forthcoming, and so as a business they’ve midway through the summer made the call to start clawing some money back and recouped circa £100m in player sales, on the premise that relegation is likely, and therefore if they sell us next season they’ll only get £30m, but have softened the blow with recouping £100m now, meaning they’re not so far off the £150m they thought they could get.

Merely speculating and using the forum for what it’s for, discussion.
Alternatively, making a profit on sales this window means they'll accept a lower price for the club while still in the EPL. They may have been trying to sell for a while and realised what they initially wanted wasn't possible.

A wanderer from Bristol

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hate to break it to you mate but the Chinese are just as bad.
There is a difference between being owned by a nation state e.g. Saudi or Qatar, versus a company eg FOSUN. Now I am sure that doesn't mean that Chinese companies don't have their hands dirty and that there are moral issues with Wolves' current ownership but you have to admit there is a distinction between the two

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The Writings have been on the wall for a while… big investment in January to keep us up. That way we become more sellable.

Now, no money available as we’re being sold.

Players are happy though, which indicates to me that a buyer is inbound.
JL isn't happy though. But I do hope a buyer is close.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only way we are going to progress is by being sold. FOSUN need to hurry up and get out and take their embarrassing “ champions league in 5 years “ comments with them.
They’ve lost any direction we had under Nuno and completely clueless as to what’s needed to become an elite club
They never had any intentions of improving the tiring old ground and now we are in a very bad place going into this season
Hoping there’s 3 teams worse than us is a very dangerous game and confidence could be shattered by the first international break
Typical wolves this is though , only we could **** it up so badly with mega rich owners
We are truly ****ed

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this is the issue...feels like Fosun were expecting a quicker sale and there were rumours of Qatari interest. Perhaps we're the backup if they don't get Utd. Need the Glazers to stop ****ing around and make a decision.
Rumour in the Smoke has it that Spuds are their backup

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Sir Jim Ratcliffe was to miss out on Manchester United, would he be viewed as a suitable candidate, in the unlikely event he came knocking?
Merely hypothetical, as I say, it's highly unlikely, as I believe he's an MU fan.
Said "ManUre fan" tried to buy Chelsea...

If you look at how he has run Ineos l suspect that many would soon be begging Fosun to come back.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very suspicious timing after Julen said there is no money to spend.
Exactly this
JL does that interview,Athletic and others jump on the band wagon and fill it out with hearsay and speculation
If people want to believe this fair enough, personally i stick with my feelings that its just cash flow problems nothing else, and certainly not putting the club up for sale
I may be wrong ofc but i doubt it

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be careful what you wish for. Ratcliffe has a reputation for being a very...hard nosed businessman. Don't suppose there's a perfect owner out there though and I wouldn't complain if he did take us on.
and very determined and very successful

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only way we are going to progress is by being sold. FOSUN need to hurry up and get out and take their embarrassing “ champions league in 5 years “ comments with them.
They’ve lost any direction we had under Nuno and completely clueless as to what’s needed to become an elite club
They never had any intentions of improving the tiring old ground and now we are in a very bad place going into this season
Hoping there’s 3 teams worse than us is a very dangerous game and confidence could be shattered by the first international break
Typical wolves this is though , only we could **** it up so badly with mega rich owners
We are truly ****ed
Come on Rosehill. Buy the club for us all. See what you can do with it for once.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Fosun are the best thing that ever happened to us. I highly doubt that we'll do better than them.
I have no problem with them wanting to balance the books after the debacle with Guedes.
His transfer still rankles. If he never wanted to be here, who was responsible for pushing through the deal? Came from a purely altruistic place, as no real concern for the Wolves or player.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At what stage does it become a problem for any sale when we fail to invest in the team?

Surely it cannot be as simple as not spending anything this Summer and expecting the new buyers to bet everything on a January window bail out? What if we are well adrift at that stage?

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His transfer still rankles. If he never wanted to be here, who was responsible for pushing through the deal? Came from a purely altruistic place, as no real concern for the Wolves or player.
Didn't Lage want him as he had worked with him before?
If I'm honest, as he is injured I still think he'll play some part for us this season.

LosgallardosWolf

Reaction score
I’m preparing to write this season off, JLo will walk, FOSUN will employ some knobber, we’ll be down by Christmas.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit strange there’s no comment from Liam Keen on this.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've been at least partially available for quite some time but fosun haven't priced us right I suspect (just my thoughts).

We don't have the potential of clubs like newcastle tho our brand is good, and squad pretty reasonable subject to what happens next. Set up is also good.

Stadium is a difficult one. A new owner doesn't need to do much if they don't want to but that doesn't help us. Construction costs went through the roof in recent years so building now makes no sense unless we can get a massive grant.

Prem teams aren't going to make money in general unless we get a salary cap. That worked wonders for f1 for example. Perhaps Ffp makes teams like us less valuable and the sooner someone challenges it in court the better.

Fosun need cold hard cash. Selling players for a profit allows them to lower our price and, like others, I think that is possibly what's going on. However the overall set up and team are pretty good, it's just we need this sorted now before they possibly lose critical people.

Kennedy

Reaction score
We have been 'up for sale' for years now.....

I think if an acceptable offer came in FOSUN would take it.

The big question is; what's an acceptable offer look like?

D

Deleted member (smith)

If true it is very disappointing that Fosun , for their own reasons, cannot provide more capital and wish to sell. However wolves selling players is to reduce/ eliminate losses…none of the proceeds go to Fosun,

many posters have wanted Shi and Fosun out but it may be a long and traumatic process and at the end there is no guarantee the club will be better off.

temper you expectations and you will feel calmer about it. But right now there is no sugar Daddy to underwrite losses and finance transfers.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like we need Ambassador Neves, currently on his Wolves Ambassadorial Duties for the next year or so, to then return with one of his new friends to buy the club. lol
No but Ruben Neves is getting to know them at Al Hilal and they offered £259 million just for a player Kylian Mbappe

Ruben always said he'll come back to Molinuex so hopefully he will in partnership with Saudis to own the club

@WolvTown if you hadn't read my post on page 1 of this thread....Great minds think alike :)

D

Deleted member (smith)

We have been 'up for sale' for years now.....

I think if an acceptable offer came in FOSUN would take it.

The big question is; what's an acceptable offer look like?
That is a good question but not the big one. What. Fosun get out of it is irrelevant to Wolves. What is relevant is whether the new owners have deep pockets and ambition and willingness to finance the maximum allowed by FFP.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn't matter who buys us - FFP will still be a problem when trying to buy players
Only if Fosun are actually underwriting losses up to the £105m FFP limit, which I suspect they aren't. If that is the case, a new owner could inject additional equity.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've been at least partially available for quite some time but fosun haven't priced us right I suspect (just my thoughts).

We don't have the potential of clubs like newcastle tho our brand is good, and squad pretty reasonable subject to what happens next. Set up is also good.

Stadium is a difficult one. A new owner doesn't need to do much if they don't want to but that doesn't help us. Construction costs went through the roof in recent years so building now makes no sense unless we can get a massive grant.

Prem teams aren't going to make money in general unless we get a salary cap. That worked wonders for f1 for example. Perhaps Ffp makes teams like us less valuable and the sooner someone challenges it in court the better.

Fosun need cold hard cash. Selling players for a profit allows them to lower our price and, like others, I think that is possibly what's going on. However the overall set up and team are pretty good, it's just we need this sorted now before they possibly lose critical people.
I’ve an idea could we get a builder to buy us :tearsofjoy:

Back
Top Bottom