Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves Fan Banned for Mocking Supporters

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was the Wolves woman who hit a West Hm fan with a pie given a lifetime ban?

Longford Wolf

Reaction score
I agree but hurling a pie isn’t in the same as hurling racist and homophobic abuse
What if the thrown pie hit a person who was Vegan? Would it be classed as a hate crime?
Joking aside I’ve heard this lowlife fella has been offered a job with Yorkshire ccc..

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess hurling a pie if it was red hot could actually injure someone? Just saying.
or a stale pork pie,but red hot pie in the eye could be serious but magistrates would take that into consideration
along with relevant factors
behaviour at grounds is now a lot better than when quite often you had to fight to get into
and out of grounds in the 60s/70s/80s

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess hurling a pie if it was red hot could actually injure someone? Just saying.
Yes but which flavour would be most painful?

I’m going balti, more sauce. Although chicken and mushroom seems to have mad heat retention.

Sheffield Wolf

Reaction score
I’m generally quite a forgiving person and think people deserve a second chance, but what really winds me up is him denying his actions.

If morons want to behave like this, at least have the courage to admit what you’ve done.

No doubt, he’ll plead not guilty to the Rio Ferdinand related charges, wasting everybody’s precious time.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree but hurling a pie isn’t in the same as hurling racist and homophobic abuse
It could be worse if it’s red hot liquid inside comes into contact with the eye

She got 3 year ban, appealed it and it was rejected

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve a jaundiced view but I don’t believe in lifetime bans. You rarely see a full life sentence in this country, there has to be a route to rehabilitation for everyone bar the worst of the worse. John Terry, Ron Atkinson and Gary Ballance. Should they all be banned for life?

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forget the courts, they should put him in a room with Rio and make him repeat what he said and let Rio beat the ignorance out of him. An eye for an eye and all that.

In modern society there’s simply no place for racism, homophobia or discrimination of any sort.
In modern society, there's simply no place for vigilante/mob rule.
Thankfully there are courts and penalties proscribed for offenders to societies rules.
You only have to read this thread to see what would happen if penalties were decided by the general public while emotions are high.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m generally quite a forgiving person and think people deserve a second chance, but what really winds me up is him denying his actions.

If morons want to behave like this, at least have the courage to admit what you’ve done.

No doubt, he’ll plead not guilty to the Rio Ferdinand related charges, wasting everybody’s precious time.
Cue the "I wouldn't behave like that normally when l'm sober, l can't believe that l did it" type comments when he's convicted and sent down...

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thankfully there are courts and penalties proscribed for offenders to societies rules.
You only have to read this thread to see what would happen if penalties were decided by the general public while emotions are high.
I agree completely. However as I commented above, given what he’s accused of, if he ends up in jail he may get some mob justice inside whether it’s right or wrong.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In principle l agree. Whether economic arguments mean that penalties are currently set too low is a whole other debate.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Banned indefinitely say Wolves. Thought this was a good article.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Just need him to go down for a couple of years when he's tried next year for the Ferdinand incident now....

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Witch.
Witch?
Where are you witch?
We need you for our hunting party.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Jonzy that is an amazing response. The potential to blind someone, knock them off balance and cause physical damage to them - and potentially others, as well as the shock factor of an unexpected impact is, according to your response, less of an upset than a few words intended as an insult.
I can only say you can hurl all the insults at me you so wish, but from that I would not wish you to assume I would prefer a pie to be hurled at me, because I am not stark staring bonkers.
You might find my preferences to be a viewpoint held by the vast majority of people.

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
or a stale pork pie,but red hot pie in the eye could be serious but magistrates would take that into consideration
along with relevant factors
behaviour at grounds is now a lot better than when quite often you had to fight to get into
and out of grounds in the 60s/70s/80s
It certainly didn’t do Ernie any good

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Jonzy that is an amazing response. The potential to blind someone, knock them off balance and cause physical damage to them - and potentially others, as well as the shock factor of an unexpected impact is, according to your response, less of an upset than a few words intended as an insult.
I can only say you can hurl all the insults at me you so wish, but from that I would not wish you to assume I would prefer a pie to be hurled at me, because I am not stark staring bonkers.
You might find my preferences to be a viewpoint held by the vast majority of people.
Yes I do acknowledge being hit by a pie isn’t pleasant.I can personally vouch for this at Burnley a few years ago when their fans thought it was a good idea to bombard the Wolves fans with pies and I too got hit .
My point was really aimed at the modern trend of people thinking they can say /type what they like and get away with it and was probably not the best comparison.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes I do acknowledge being hit by a pie isn’t pleasant.I can personally vouch for this at Burnley a few years ago when their fans thought it was a good idea to bombard the Wolves fans with pies and I too got hit .
My point was really aimed at the modern trend of people thinking they can say /type what they like and get away with it and was probably not the best comparison.

gone a bit daft in the head ay they,they used to throw darts at ya in the 70s. :confused:

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fair enough, and as we do live in a rapidly changing world not all judgements are going to sit easily with one another. As an aside, an article just flagged up on my screen, via my IP, suggests false Covid vaccine information, deliberately spread, should be classed a criminal offence. I can appreciate the exasperation behind the sentiments, but I can also imagine many a legal beagle rubbing their hands at the prospect. :cool:

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair point, but when you take into account the alleged racial abuse of Rio, if also found guilty, then surely it demonstrates what type of person we're talking about?
Of course it does. But then the thread title and newspaper headlines don't have to be so "click baity" or misleading.

Call him out for the crime he has committed. Not something worse, that he didn't. He's clearly a ****, and I look forward to reading the headline - Racist Wolves fan banned for life - when convicted.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a view shared by me. And I've been racially *abused*.

I've inserted ** not to trivialise racial abuse, but my own experiences are unusual.

D

Deleted member 11021Mcm

Assuming the season ticket waiting list has gone down by 1 and there is a lucky recipient of this guys season ticket…..

Focke Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
But it’s not just that is it. What may be ‘just an insult’ to you can mean something completely different to someone else. Insults based on colour, and gender etc have the ability to wreck someone’s life and make them feel claustrophobic, trapped, anxious, alienated and depressed and in some cases worse. Can a smack in the mouth do that? Being homophobic or racist isn’t sticks and stones, but is in fact abusing someone for something they can do absolutely nothing about, whether it be Rio Ferdinand, the ref, another fan, your next door neighbour or anyone else. And as regards your last sentence - I take it you’re joking right?

Last edited:

Focke Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I do get it. I get that he's used derogatory terms for disabled/gay and directed them at someone who is neither disabled or gay.

Which is completely different to hurling the same words at the disabled section at Molineux or a couple of lads holding hands outside a gay bar.

One could be described as a hate crime, but not the other.
You’ve got that wrong. It doesn’t matter who he aims the comments at, anybody can take offence at it and report it as a hate incident even if they’re not the recipient of the said derogative terms. In essence a third party can take offence.

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I find these sorts of threads interesting. Same way I find discussions about vaccine mandates interesting: under the thin veneer of civility some really dark forces lurk within some people

doesn't seem to take much at all for people to show their ugly side

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’ve got that wrong. It doesn’t matter who he aims the comments at, anybody can take offence at it and report it as a hate incident even if they’re not the recipient of the said derogative terms. In essence a third party can take offence.
You're wrong. Research the law, I did. I'm correct.

Back
Top Bottom