Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves Birthdays

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Happy birthday over the weekend to

Willie Carr (74)
Phil Robinson (57)
Stephen Elliott (40)

and a posthumous birthday to

Cedric Roussel (1978-2023 - 25 appearances 2001-03)
Ernie Whittam (1911-1951 - 1 appearance 1936)
Jimmy Mullen (1923-1987 - 445 appearances 1937-1960)

I always liked Phil Robinson who was a vital part of that 4th Division Championship winning midfield of himself, Keith Downing and Nigel Vaughan. Phil played in 41 league games that 87/88 and scored 5 times.

Vividly remember Phil Robinson and others, including joining Graham Turner standing on top of the old Waterloo Road dressing rooms acknowledging the masses of us who gathered there to celebrate the May Bank Holiday defeat of Hartlepool that clinched the Title !

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I always liked Phil Robinson who was a vital part of that 4th Division Championship winning midfield of himself, Keith Downing and Nigel Vaughan. Phil played in 41 league games that 87/88 and scored 5 times.

Vividly remember Phil Robinson and others, including joining Graham Turner standing on top of the old Waterloo Road dressing rooms acknowledging the masses of us who gathered there to celebrate the May Bank Holiday defeat of Hartlepool that clinched the Title !

Our paths could have crossed that day Norman, as I was among those present at that game.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That game was the first time that work interfered with football for me. The place I was working wouldn't give me the time off to go and no-one would swap shifts with me so I couldn't go. Only home match I missed in 4 seasons from 1987/88-1990/91. No radios were allowed either so I had to wait until after my shift to find out the score. Absolutely gutted when I saw the score and the pictures of the scenes afterwards.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its a happy birthday today to

Jermaine Pennant (41)

Ronnie Allen (1929-2001)

and a belated weekend birthday to

Tom Smalley (1912-1984 - 179 appearances 1931-38 - part of the Buckley Babes)
Sammy Klingan (40)
Syd Homer (1903-1983 - 29 appearances 1925-27)
Aaron McCarey (32)

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@Werewolf of Wombourne with your name you may could be getting confused with another type of werewolf creature, the Klingans or was it the Klingons who were of course in Star Trek . Sammy Clingan played for us !!!!!

Apparently Sammy is now a fully qualified fire fighter.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@Werewolf of Wombourne with your name you may could be getting confused with another type of werewolf creature, the Klingans or was it the Klingons who were of course in Star Trek . Sammy Clingan played for us !!!!!

Apparently Sammy is now a fully qualified fire fighter.
My mistake, must have been subliminal as I haven't been able to get that damned Star Trekkin song out of my head since hearing it this morning

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a player Derek Parkin was. Not only a very good full back, but also loved getting forward at every opportunity. I think he also player centre half on a couple occasions when there were injuries. ‘Squeak’ holds the record for the most appearances by a Wolves player, was it 607 or 609 times he wore our colours?

Happy birthday Derek Parkin.
He’s my most favourite Wolves player ever

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loved him in JFK, I defy anyone who doesn’t know much about the Kennedy assassination to watch that film and not be utterly convinced the CIA killed him.

Without going to far away from birthdays !!! Kevin Costner in my book has put in some superb performances, Elliott Ness in The Untouchables , Wyatt Earp and a really good baseball film that even if you don't like baseball is still a good watch ! Bull Durham.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Happy birthday today to

Simon Osborn (52)
Sam Winnal (33)

Harry Allen (1866-1895 - 123 appearances 1886-1894 - played in Wolves first ever League game)

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm away for the weekend so happy upcoming/posthumous birthday Sat/Sun to

The Doog (1938-2007 - Icon)
Ted Farmer (84)

Fun fact about Ted Farmer - he scored his 21st goal in his 21st game on his 21st birthday on January 21st!

The Doog - what a character he was. I have so many memories of him playing alongside King John, with the brilliant Waggy providing the ammunition.

The Doog was one of the finest headers of a ball I have seen, and gave as good as he got. Jack Charlton said that Derek Dougan was one of the best players he played against.

Back
Top Bottom