Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves annual report and financial statements 2018/19

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Possibly because it doesn’t represent good enough value to an investor. Not that it’s not worth 75m, just that it’s not nailed on to make the huge gains that Fosun have so far. Hence why they bought a struggling championship club in the first place, rather than one in the premier.
We are very much at the slow uphill battle stage now, with the deck very much stacked against us for exponential growth and quick success. That bit has already been done.

Like I said, if they wanted to shift it enough, the price would be lower. I’d be more worried if they did accept a cut price slice.
If an investor wants to dump large amounts of money for more reliable, smaller gains, then there are plenty of markets less volatile than football clubs.
Makes sense , thank you

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
All I Was going to say was that they do seem to be struggling to get that £75m share sold don't they ? and purely devils adocating..... if our numbers are perceived in the market as triumphantly as they are on here, why haven't we buddied up with this partner already ?
If I can just jump in without having any expertise in the financial side of things. I seem to remember Jeff saying when they announced the sale that they weren't in any great rush to find a buyer and that the buyer would also need to be a good fit for Wolves and Fosun. So maybe there have been approaches but Fosun have deemed them not suitable.

Y

Yout85

@Chris H 's post is very accurate and informative... he summed up a lot of the things very well, but that's all it's possible to be - a summing up. No one from the outside can possibly know the details behind the figures. The "loans" could be any number of things. (If a director of a limited company puts his hand in his pocket to buy a screwdriver, he is "loaning" the money to the company to buy it.... for example).

The net book value of assets means very little. It will basically be a list of all the players, with initial cost, and a certain percentage "written off" against profits each year, for tax purposes. Most likely 10% or 20% straight line. When a player is sold, the profit is then based on the difference between their written down value, and the amount we sold for. (This is why the initial purchase of a player is a capital purchase, and doesn't go against profits).

FFP does not follow accounting rules. But the figures submitted to companies house, and the FA have to match.... so it's a balancing act between (legitimately) showing lower profits for less tax burden and higher profits for FFP spending power.

Lots of points not addressed here... and probably a bit rambling. I'm happy to try and answer specific questions if anyone has any.

(Also an accountant btw)....((with no real knowledge of football club accounts))....(((but I can try)))

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@Chris H 's post is very accurate and informative... he summed up a lot of the things very well, but that's all it's possible to be - a summing up. No one from the outside can possibly know the details behind the figures. The "loans" could be any number of things. (If a director of a limited company puts his hand in his pocket to buy a screwdriver, he is "loaning" the money to the company to buy it.... for example).

The net book value of assets means very little. It will basically be a list of all the players, with initial cost, and a certain percentage "written off" against profits each year, for tax purposes. Most likely 10% or 20% straight line. When a player is sold, the profit is then based on the difference between their written down value, and the amount we sold for. (This is why the initial purchase of a player is a capital purchase, and doesn't go against profits).

FFP does not follow accounting rules. But the figures submitted to companies house, and the FA have to match.... so it's a balancing act between (legitimately) showing lower profits for less tax burden and higher profits for FFP spending power.

Lots of points not addressed here... and probably a bit rambling. I'm happy to try and answer specific questions if anyone has any.

(Also an accountant btw)....((with no real knowledge of football club accounts))....(((but I can try)))
The best accountants cost a LOT of money just to speak over the phone. They are as expensive as top lawyers and exclusively used by blue chip companies.

You'll end up with trainee George from Tamworth, if looking for free time on an internet forum.

Y

Yout85

The best accountants cost a LOT of money just to speak over the phone. They are as expensive as top lawyers and exclusively used by blue chip companies.

You'll end up with trainee George from Tamworth, if looking for free time on an internet forum.

There's nothing wrong with George....

Back
Top Bottom