Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves 2-1 Man Utd

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m team Lage, don’t get me wrong… but a few beers in, just reminiscing, watching you tube, can’t help but feel that united cup quarter final win is going to be the pinnacle of my Wolves supporting life (aged 41).

I could honestly watch that Jota goal all night long.

Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m team Lage, don’t get me wrong… but a few beers in, just reminiscing, watching you tube, can’t help but feel that united cup quarter final win is going to be the pinnacle of my Wolves supporting life (aged 41).

atmosphere fantastic.imo just shaded by the play off final at cardiff

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It's going to be a long close season

WV4 Wolves

Reaction score
Agreed I'm 38 and that game Man U game was special. Loud and edgy but in a way where we knew we could win. Not like Palace in the play off semi which was louder but verging on poisonous because we knew realistically we'd blown our chances in the first leg.

Nuno aswell in his interview after the game....we did it together.... and we'll go to Wembley together.....

I could cry everytime I watch him he just knew what we had been waiting for. For years and years. Someone to embrace our support where many previous mangers had found it a hindrance especially at molineux.

He was able to use the fans energy for the advantage we all know it could be and we loved it every second of it.

I can't help thinking now though that was when we peaked under Nuno.

But as you say special memories that will live forever. Lets hope Bruno can make some more...

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just to think I almost left at half time because I thought the game was **** comical looking back

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

5pm, just back in, gonna pop a beer…..and guess what? I’m going to watch the highlights again too. :)
Edit….just watched it again. Fantastic Missed us playing like that. YouTube has now lined up the Wolves 3-2 win over City:)

Last edited:

Nivada

Reaction score
Make no mistake we were by far the better side against Man Utd that night, played in their half for a lot of it, Moutinho was ****ing electric that game I seem to remember, just driving the ball further and further into the Man Utd half like he never seemed to do after that season.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1 the Jota goal. Fell over seats. Pandemonium (pre VAR)

2 The opening bars of Everybody Wants To Rule The World.

3 South Bank singing Nunnooooooo to Hey Jude over and over again after he’d finished his pumps

A very special night and why Molineux remains magical

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, that goal was very special. A bit like the Sheff U play off final at half time - we were on our way back.
The double Wembley wins v Spurs and the double City win the other highlights for me.
But there was one unforgettable moment that sadly wasn't to be - Jimenez putting us 2 nil up in the FA semi.

T

TheConcourse

Hard to imagine a day at the football getting any better than that - totally agree.

As soon as Jota put Shaw on his **** there was an air of inevitability.

Remember Nuno Had A Dream being sung after the goal. So loud. Every stand. Magic.

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

The quarter final was a great atmosphere. Crystal Palace in playoff semi final was better.

R

reanswolf

It was one of those special Molineux nights undoubtedly, not sure what it is about evening games but sometimes as Paul Ince said "When Molineux is like this there is no other place like it"

Wolves 2 Palace 1 (Play Off semi)
Wolves 3 Newcastle 2 (FA Cup)
Wolves 0 Chelsea 2 (FA Cup)
Wolves 2 Villa 0 (Championship winning season)
Wolves 3 Man City 2 (Prem)
Wolves 2 Man Utd 1 (FA Cup QF)

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
Still one of the greatest days I’ve had as a Wolves fan. I’d been at Molineux most of the day sorting the Tifo flags after the weather the night before had caused havoc (@PumpKing is the best guy to tell that story though!) and it was great that fans and club staff came together to get it sorted.

The match itself was an absolute whirlwind, it was a 90 minute match which felt in parts like it lasted 20 minutes.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“You don’t know what you’ve got till it’s gone…..”
Oh I did

I felt acutely aware during those first three years with Nuno that this could be as good as it gets

I think a lifetime of wolves made me realise that even if we carry on and became regular top six challengers, it’s ‘the journey’ that is special

A bit like divisions 4 and 3 with bully.

This is why wolves is special. Bigger clubs get more success but the disappointment makes our success taste all the sweeter

For every miserable ****er on here we all know that even if everything goes wrong sooner or later we’ll come alive again. It’s what we do

Out of darkness.......

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Loved that game. I think the thing that made it special was that every Wolves fan knew that despite, coming up from the championship, we could go toe to toe with anyone. Nuno or the players never actually said what they wanted our “identity” to be - but on that night I think it showed that it was that simply that all the components; Team, fans and the stadium add up to way more than the sum of its parts. I think that was why the atmosphere was so good - the fact that we all knew what could happen, and no one, refs, VAR, TV pundits, or Manchester United and their massive squad of egos could do anything to stop it.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yes it was a great match and win. BUT we need to up our overall expectations. That was beginning to happen under Nuno so that a victory over a 'top six' team was no longer such a big deal. For the moment this summer we seem to have gone back to poor country cousin's mode and if we sell our best players for inferior ones that feeling will increase even more.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes it was a great match and win. BUT we need to up our overall expectations. That was beginning to happen under Nuno so that a victory over a 'top six' team was no longer such a big deal. For the moment this summer we seem to have gone back to poor country cousin's mode and if we sell our best players for inferior ones that feeling will increase even more.

I agree but listening to Jeff on the ask wolves I think mid table security and trading Mendes players is our place from now on

Of course Fosun might change their tune again if Lage came good but the rhetoric seems to have been downgraded

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

Still one of the greatest days I’ve had as a Wolves fan. I’d been at Molineux most of the day sorting the Tifo flags after the weather the night before had caused havoc (@PumpKing is the best guy to tell that story though!) and it was great that fans and club staff came together to get it sorted.

The match itself was an absolute whirlwind, it was a 90 minute match which felt in parts like it lasted 20 minutes.
Agree it was great atmosphere. The only downside for me was having to witness @WS10Wolf singing along to sweet Caroline after the game and doing all the hand in the air actions

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The buzz around town after the match is what struck me as being different to anything I’d seen before.
Let’s hope that wasn’t the pinnacle, as OP said, and Bruno can get us going again.

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Absolutely agree pal, that whole weekend from early doors on the Friday morning, with no sign of the truck with the flags arriving, to the working through the night with some amazing volunteers and wolves management working their socks off. Then the the sheer havoc and devastation that the gales caused overnight.
I will never forget arriving back at 7am on Saturday morning after the nights work, and hearing the security guy on reception say, “you don’t want to go out there mate, it’s horrible “.
I remember calling Russell Jones, the Head of Marketing at home to say please come in as quick as you can, we have a serious problem.
I just sat there then on my own in an empty stadium in one the seats in the Billy Wright stand, almost in tears, just sitting there watching thousands of beautiful gold and black metallic flags, blowing across the pitch.

But on to the majestic game itself, something I will never, ever forget. It was the most magnificent atmosphere and game I have ever been privileged to watch.

Clearly the very worst and the very best that football had to offer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom