Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves 0 Man City 3 Verdict

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Overall I'd say Lage is a cross between Dean Saunders and Terry Connor. Talks complete *******s and uses a clipboard. Lage has the luxury of a quality squad which the other two never enjoyed.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Overall I'd say Lage is a cross between Dean Saunders and Terry Connor. Talks complete *******s and uses a clipboard. Lage has the luxury of a quality squad which the other two never enjoyed.
I can see where you are coming from. Add the excitement of watching a Lambert team (or Jackett's last season)....

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think neto's trying too hard personally.
I really don't see it, he looks lost to me, touch has gone, so one footed, he just doesn't look the same following his horrible injury, which may well explain it.
It's a tough watch at the moment.

eastowe

Reaction score
I really don't see it, he looks lost to me, touch has gone, so one footed, he just doesn't look the same following his horrible injury, which may well explain it.
I agree , he hasn't got back to being the player he was before the injury

T

TheConcourse

I don't see how you can start calling for the manager's head based on a 3-0 defeat to one of the best sides in the world when we were down to 10 men.

Of course we came up short at times. First half, we were loose defensively and left too many spaces, although we did show some attacking intent. Second half we showed some real spirit and kept trying to play football.

Judge us when Costa and/or Jimenez are back into the team and we're playing anybody other than City
I hear what you’re saying, but I don’t think this is a reaction off the back of today.

The reality for Bruno is that life is never perfect. He’ll get his striker and lose a CB. You have to adapt. There isn’t a scenario where you have your ideal squad available all the time.

We look totally clueless without a striker, despite having Guedes in the squad, who’s played there. He’s also got Hwang and a kid on the bench.

All of this talk about pre-seasons, fitness, lack of strikers etc - no problem with it - it’s all totally rational in an ideal world. But I’m not seeing the signals to even create chances for a striker. And the world is never ideal.

Last edited by a moderator:

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry for not reading other verdicts at the moment if I repeat what others have said.

I thought we were excellent in terms of the football. We were brave in the way we played, beat the press and we lost because of poor finishing, I also think Sa should stop Haaland's.

Maybe they took their foot of the gas, but overall we played well. Nunes was very good, Guedes not far behind.

Moutinho did nothing, pretty useless in these games, similarly with Podence although not as bad.

Overall that was a good performance though, IMO, I was delighted with how we played. I hope it wasn't a case of playing because the pressure was off (at 0-2). We're good and we need to believe in ourselves.

GuzzWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We used to be a counter-attacking team. Now we have transformed into a counter-defending team. Instead of containing opponents then bombing forward to trouble them on the break, we contain ourselves with pointless possession, before losing the ball and bombing backwards to defend as the opponents cut through us.
The passing around the back line was doing my nut in.

Reaction score
Could pick apart every aspect really but Man City are clearly a better team with better players and we gave them way too much space to do their own thing. Will Costa be a silver bullet? I don’t know, I thought with more time together due to match postponements that we would be better than we were today.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto is a shadow of his former self, playing on the wrong side I Know ,but he doesn't look bothered at all to me, the Manager is in a very precarious place now, this cannot and will not be allowed to fester on, we are nailed on for a relegation battle with him in charge.
The lack of focal point is killing the team.
They should have sacked lage in the summer.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 hour round trip to watch that insipid gutless first half performance. In all honesty had they of scored a third before half time I would have probably gone and done the weekly shop on my way home. But stuck with it and whilst the first 15 mins of the 2nd half were bright and encouraging, it was clear that Man City were still in the changing rooms and stuck in neutral - that was obvious from the way Pep was doing his nut.

Positives - it was a nice sunny autumnal day.

wlvs1982

Reaction score
So ****ing predictable, even allowing for the new arrivals. No heart in the first half, no goals, no threat and even allowing for the start to the second half, no positives.
Guedes had our only shot on target, but even he was meh! Not seen anything in him yet.
Nunes did OK, but that was about it.
Collins is an absolute idiot and should publicly apologise to Bruno, his team mates and the fans. Let everyone down.
We are in a relegation scrap, let's be totally honest. That's not just based on today's ***********, but on the season to date. We don't have leaders in this team, unfortunately.
Traore looked OK once the game was done.
Neto's and RAN's decision making was suspect.
Jonny - meh!
Kilman did as well as he could without much help, but was like a schoolboy for Harland's goal.
Neves and Mouts were overrun.
Podence did little.
Sa could do nothing about the first and third, but may have read Erlings shot better. Perhaps that's a little harsh.

We are so lightweight and so easily beatable!
What do you mean easily beatable? I dont remember being easily beaten in any of the defeats up until the city game. Man City are in another league. Did you go to todays game expecting a win? If you did then you are deluded

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have no identity and we keep choosing unexperienced yes men. The problem is, when Lage goes, we won't take on an experienced top class manager, as he will want to have a say, who we sign. Our system is stagnant and we have been found out.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We looked great for circa 12 mins at 2-0 when City took a breather (mentally and physically), but once they decided they wanted a third they went and got it and that was that.

Not going to call for Lage out on the back of that, but in general the last 9 months of football I’ve seen of him leaves me fairly convinced he’s not the man we need. I hope if he doesn’t get results in the next couple of games the board act decisively. I’d rather he does turn it round though.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a massive October for wolves and lage, given most of the middle pack teams are losing and beating each other we get 12 points from 18 everything is good

We must beat westham first game back, give Chelsea a good game. And certainly beat leicest and forest

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a massive October for wolves and lage, given most of the middle pack teams are losing and beating each other we get 12 points from 18 everything is good

We must beat westham first game back, give Chelsea a good game. And certainly beat leicest and forest
That's a bloody big IF.... Three wins in a month after one in 14 games....

The White Mouse

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

horrible injury? he fractured his kneecap, in (as i recall) a pretty non contact event. hardly stepped on a landmine...

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 hour round trip to watch that insipid gutless first half performance. In all honesty had they of scored a third before half time I would have probably gone and done the weekly shop on my way home. But stuck with it and whilst the first 15 mins of the 2nd half were bright and encouraging, it was clear that Man City were still in the changing rooms and stuck in neutral - that was obvious from the way Pep was doing his nut.

Positives - it was a nice sunny autumnal day.
It’s not autumn until the 21st

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have no identity and we keep choosing unexperienced yes men. The problem is, when Lage goes, we won't take on an experienced top class manager, as he will want to have a say, who we sign. Our system is stagnant and we have been found out.

At least with the summer signings, we must have the potential to finally cast off that cautious way of playing we developed? Coady, Boly, Saiss, Donk all moved on. Individually, I thought you can already see Nunes is a special talent. Add in Guedes and Neto, with Neves and a defence including Kilman and Collins (has potential, though let himself down today) - that team really must be capable of something more than the uninspired, disjointed mess we are seeing? There's no team there, just disorganised, but talented individuals. Who are also looking unmotivated , with low morale.

And there must surely be a top manager or two looking at us thinking "I can do better than that - what is their manager messing around at?" ; A year ago, I believed we couldn't get much more than grinding out points with safety-first football as we'd hardly developed the squad since the first promotion window. But that's all changed now. We're not safety first yet look as ineffective as ever in attack.

If there's any stagnation, it's at the top end.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

May as well sack him now then because I can't even see us beating West Ham

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Note on Haaland.

He literally did nothing all game (apart from the goal obvs), but at the same time he was the most dangerous player on the field each time City got the ball. Quite a player he is, just by his presence and movement.

As disheartening as the gulf between us and City is, I’m pleased to have had the opportunity to watch him in the flesh.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
May as well sack him now then because I can't even see us beating West Ham
If we lose against West ham it will happen.

I mean no harm doing it now to get in a manager over international break. Won't happen till world cup though if he's going

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Note on Haaland.

He literally did nothing all game (apart from the goal obvs), but at the same time he was the most dangerous player on the field each time City got the ball. Quite a player he is, just by his presence and movement.

As disheartening as the gulf between us and City is, I’m pleased to have had the opportunity to watch him in the flesh.
Plus Sa should have saved his shot. Poor keeping in my book

lycophilos

Reaction score
What makes you think the head coaches/managers don't have a say in who Wolves sign? I certainly got the impression that Nuno had a very strong say in who was signed or not signed. In fact I wouldn't be surprised to learn that he had the final word on the matter, as it would have been very important in his strategy of squad/team building.
I don't think the situation is that different with regard to Bruno, even if he doesn't seem to have the same intense interest in long-term squad development as Nuno had.
If what you assert is now actually the situation at Wolves, then the obvious candidate to go for a new coach would be Pochettino. By his own admission, he had no say at all in who Spurs signed. He was quite happy with that situation, so he clearly doesn't mind having no say in transfers.
On the other hand, I was very surprised that Nuno took the Spurs job, and wasn't that surprised that it all went wrong so quickly.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Men against boys unfortunately against the best club side in the world currently. Game over after a minute.

Performance was a mixed bag, the sending off deserved and pretty much the score line we all expected before kick off

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry for not reading other verdicts at the moment if I repeat what others have said.

I thought we were excellent in terms of the football. We were brave in the way we played, beat the press and we lost because of poor finishing, I also think Sa should stop Haaland's.

Maybe they took their foot of the gas, but overall we played well. Nunes was very good, Guedes not far behind.

Moutinho did nothing, pretty useless in these games, similarly with Podence although not as bad.

Overall that was a good performance though, IMO, I was delighted with how we played. I hope it wasn't a case of playing because the pressure was off (at 0-2). We're good and we need to believe in ourselves.

I read this fully expecting a ‘bants’ line at the end.

If that’s the genuine opinion, wow. Miles, miles, miles off it until City stopped trying, and even then they scored again at the end for a laugh.

Back
Top Bottom