Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolverhampton Marathon 2008

V

Vio Ganea

I'm currently training for the Wolverhampton half marathon, is anyone else on here taking part this year and has anyone got any tips or advice apart for DON'T DO IT?!!!​

Hereford Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've done 4 Marathons and countless half marathons.

My advice is - Make sure you can run at least 9 miles in comfort.
Start slowly...and go slower. Don't get carried away.
Enjoy every moment of it.

B

Brusselswolf

I've done a few 1/2 marathons like HW and am starting to ramp up for the Amsterdam Marathon (nice and flat!). I am sure that you will plenty of advice, runners are good that way.
I would keep my advice simple for now..
1) Get a training plan together! Check www.runnersworld.com
2) Go to a proper running store where they will film you running and recommend a decent pair of running shoes that suit your running style.
3) Modify your diet to simply add a few more carbs when you start your longer runs
4) For your first 1/2, try and get to around 20km training distance about 2 weeks before your race BUT not any later.
5) If 20km is too long to contemplate in training, then try and get to about 16km, the crowd, the adrenalin will carry you the rest of the way.
6) Find some mates to run with. Even if they cannot run all the way with you, get them to join you for the last 5km or 10km of a run. If this is not possible get to a running club
7) Do not worry about time, just try and get the distance during the training runs

Most of all, you should enjoy your first 1/2 marathon. Good luck and have fun!

V

Vio Ganea

Thanks for the advice guys apart from you aka, sod off!!!!! :D

D

Deleted member 3751

well if you're struggling to make 9 holes on a golf course.........!!

J

jlovatt

How did everyone do who took part?

I did the half in 2hrs 22mins which I was fairly pleased with for my first half marathon.

Anyone know where you can get the free pictures from which were advertised?

Back
Top Bottom