Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

With 12 Games Left To Play.....

B

bridgnorthwolf

How many results do you think we will need to survive?

I think we would need results in half of the remaining matches. Four wins and two draws.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
the crucial thing is, if those 2 of those wins came against Blackburn and Bolton, those are 2 six pointers, if we lose both those games, i feel we may need more than 14 points

F

FLEET WOLF

Paul Merson said on Saturday that he thought 34 of 35 points might be enough to survive this season and I am inclined to agree with that.

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
the crucial thing is, if those 2 of those wins came against Blackburn and Bolton, those are 2 six pointers, if we lose both those games, i feel we may need more than 14 points

Wigan, of course, is the other 'must win' game.

Fulham 1
Blackburn 0
Man U 0
Norwich 1
Bolton 3
Stoke 0
Arsenal 0
Sunderland 0
Man City 0
Swansea 3
Everton 3
Wigan 0

33 points as per above wouldn't be enough.

Chungster

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wigan. Bowels. Last day of the season.

Doesn't bear thinking about.

J

Jalwolf

Thankfully we are picking up a few points away from Home. Beating Bolton, Blackburn and Wigan should be enough with the edition of 3 draws. We should give ourselves a good chance if we don't lose 2 of those six pointer games. Otherwise we're practically down. It all hinges on those 3 games.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fulham 3
Blackburn 3
Man U 3
Norwich 3
Bolton 3
Stoke 3
Arsenal 3
Sunderland 3
Man City 3
Swansea 3
Everton 3
Wigan 3

And TC for England!:D

T

Tekkers-Slovakia

Wins against Blackburn, Bolton and Wigan accompained by at least a draw at Stoke (we owe them for last season at the Brit and earlier this season) and Everon are very beatable at home......

It could come down to the Wigan awya last game, which would be sickening!

Anybody else nervous?

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need four wins as a minimum requirement. If they were against Blackburn, Bolton and Wigan plus one other that would be a big bonus. It's a tough looking programme with Man U, Man C and Arsenal on the agenda. We need a couple of major surprise results and also hope that QPR in particular don't suddenly find their feet and pull away.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having to play 3 of the 4 relegation rivals is a big plus for me and hopefully Wigan will be down when we go there so gives us a better chance? The players owe us the fans a really big end to this horrendous season so let's all stick together and keep everything crossed. need to keep the 1st X1 injury free as well.

D

Dewolf

I liked Mick but i can see that he in the end divided opinion. I reckon most are going to give TC there support and so the home games will likely be totally different atmospheres. I think we'll get three wins. 3 draws and it'll be squeaky bum time!

H

hindheadwolves

3 wins 2 draws will keep us up, as long as our goal diff holds out

We certainly won't need more than a point a game to stay up.

D

Deleted member 3751

I thought 5 wins would be the target before Newcastle. Still think that but 4 might be enough if we keep picking up points away from home.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like I said on another thread, the mini league of the current bottom 5 is the absolute key. We are currently top of it, and it really matters a lot who we get our wins against: if we can beat Blackburn, Bolton and Wigan, 3 draws against any of the others might be enough = 34 points.

D

Deleted member 3751

Like I said on another thread, the mini league of the current bottom 5 is the absolute key. We are currently top of it, and it really matters a lot who we get our wins against: if we can beat Blackburn, Bolton and Wigan, 3 draws against any of the others might be enough = 34 points.

While I agree, I really don't want to have to go into that last game needing a win! Couldn't cope after last season!

Gornal

Reaction score

In my simplistic opinion those 3 games will be the determining factor this season. With 4 teams currently below us i think those 3 games will determine how many of the 4 teams finish below us. Lose none of those games and finish as we are in 16th. Lose 1 and i reckon we will finish safe with 3 teams still below us. But lose 2 or 3 of them and finish in the bottom 3

R

Ralphdog

It certainly looks like a low points tally will still keep at least two teams up this year.

If it comes to the crunch at Wigan then it should be an ideal time for the club to pay us back in some way and guarantee a mahooosive following (which we would probably get anyway).

How about taking the 5000 tickets behind the goal and asking for another 2000. Sell them for a subsidised £10 and lay on cheap or free coaches. (Even though I'd still go by train)

Other clubs have done it.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i can still see villa being sucked in and potentially 1 other... remember the collapses of the last couple of seasons (Hull, Blackpool)

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i can still see villa being sucked in and potentially 1 other... remember the collapses of the last couple of seasons (Hull, Blackpool)

Villa are definitely in the frame now that Bent is crocked and RK has gone. But I think a 7-point gap is too much for even a poor manager like McLeish to mess up. I think they aren't going to move any higher, but I think they will survive.

Salisbury Wolf

Reaction score
Fulham 1
Blackburn 3
Man U 0
Norwich 1
Bolton 3
Stoke 1
Arsenal 0
Sunderland 1
Man City 0
Swansea 3
Everton 1
Wigan 3

17 points - enough.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fulham 1
Blackburn 3
Man U 0
Norwich 1
Bolton 3
Stoke 1
Arsenal 0
Sunderland 1
Man City 0
Swansea 3
Everton 1
Wigan 3

17 points - enough.
I agree with all of that except Swansea (draw) making it 15 points for me. Quite possibly still enough though our GD will almost certainly take a hammering somewhere along the line.

B

bridgnorthwolf

I agree with all of that except Swansea (draw) making it 15 points for me. Quite possibly still enough though our GD will almost certainly take a hammering somewhere along the line.

I had the same when I did the predictor earlier, except a draw against Bolton.

B

bridgnorthwolf

The way teams are going at the moment, 33 could be enough to stay up. But you can be sure that at least two teams will pick up and spring a few surprises.

As long as we stay up, that's all I really care about, but if I could pick one team to go down it would be QPR. I hate Fernandes, hate Hughes, hate the club, hate Barton, hate SWP and their philosophy, but more than that, if they stay up, they will spend big in the summer and it will be all change. If they go down who knows what will happen, hopefully Fernandes will lose interest and the team will fall apart.

B

Bingbong

This might help.Got it off a Vile site-they're worried.

99747931.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As long as we stay up, that's all I really care about, but if I could pick one team to go down it would be QPR. I hate Fernandes, hate Hughes, hate the club, hate Barton, hate SWP and their philosophy, but more than that, if they stay up, they will spend big in the summer and it will be all change.

With you there Bridge 100% - my pet dislikes are firstly the club and then Barton. Hate 'em.

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A point a game will do particularly if we beat Blackburn, Bolton and Wigan. Throw a result against Everton into those and I think that will be enough.

There are five poor sides at the bottom and none of them are picking up anywhere near a point per game at the moment, one team may pick up and do above that for the rest of the season but I can't see any more doing it.

M

Monkey Man

Fulham 1
Blackburn 3
Man U 0
Norwich 1
Bolton 3
Stoke 1
Arsenal 0
Sunderland 1
Man City 0
Swansea 3
Everton 1
Wigan 3

17 points - enough.

Yes because we've taken 22 points from 26 so far this season, seems logical that we'll get 17 from 12.

We'll get 9 or 10 tops I'm afraid, it's all going to be down how the other teams do around us and quite frankly this run of games:

Stoke AWAY
Arsenal HOME
Sunderland AWAY
Man City HOME
Swansea AWAY

could see us in a lot of trouble, 2 home games where we will get zero and the 3 away games that are solid.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I did the Predictor thing on BBc for the first time yesterday and gave us draws for the Blackburn/Bolton games and we were relegated alongside Wigan and QPR.

The more you look at the run-in, the home game`s against Bolton/Blackburn, are so vital for our chances.Just wish Bolton had a harder run in as think they should have enough about them to get out of it.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
IF we can beat both Blackburn and Bolton, I can't see us going down.

But the chances of that - based on our home form thus far - are slim.

Unless we can pull off a shock win against one of Man Utd/Man City/Arsenal, we're going to have to pick up at least 6/7 points away from home.

W

WasStefan

Wigan, of course, is the other 'must win' game.

Fulham 1
Blackburn
Man U 0
Norwich 1
Bolton 3
Stoke 0
Arsenal 0
Sunderland 0
Man City 0
Swansea 3
Everton 3
Wigan 0

33 points as per above wouldn't be enough.
Fulham 3
Blackburn 3
Man U 0
Norwich 0
Bolton 3
Stoke 1
Arsenal 0
Sunderland 1
Man City 0
Swansea 1
Everton 0
Wigan 3

Have you seen Wigans home form?! They will go down solely because of it.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said on another thread Swansea could be dragged into this. Looking at their fixtures they can't afford to lose many to the teams at the bottom.
Still to far out to really say but clearly any side in the bottom 5 who win 2 in a row will be well placed for safety.
Looks like 35 or 36 to stay up. Certainly possible for us. As others have said the 2 home games against Bolton/Blackburn are vital. I really don't want to need points at Wigan last day.

S

SimplyTheWolves

A few weeks ago I thought we would need about 39 points to survive, but as the teams around us haven't improved on their points average any more than we have, then I predict 36 points will just do it. That leaves us needing 14 more points from a possible 36 remaining, doesn’t sound impossible does it?

But then again we can predict all we like but one thing is almost certain, and that is we will drop points in some of our remaining twelve matches. Its at these times that we as supporters have to remain positive and continue backing Terry and the squad.

Sometimes we may drop points that we feel we expected to, other times we will drop points against teams we feel we shouldn't have. I would imagine that some of the time it may not be down to performance but luck, or even what we think is a mistake by an official.

We've all been there, we know what to expect, so for our own wish to come true, we must continue to support the team and Terry when they need it most. To do this we must not let our heads drop when things do start to go wrong, so lets accept the inevitable setbacks and keep believing.

We will survive.

Back
Top Bottom