Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Windsor Davies (RIP)

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
RIP Windsor

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I used to love " It Ain't Half Hot Mum ", especially the Punka Wallah who would go rabbiting off in Urdu then supply the punchline in English ! Also his rendition of " Land of hope and glory " at the end of the show that would finish with the voice of Sgt Major Williams bellowing " Shut up ! "

I knew many ex servicemen from my time working in as a civilian in the MOD and to a man they said that Michael Knowles and Donald Hewlitt as Ashwood and Reynolds who were the officers were superb portrayals of what most officers were really like, be it any of the armed services as they would be blundering on while the Sgt Major was basically running the show !

Always remember Windsor Davies with another catchphrase from the show of " Fine pair of shoulders show 'em off boy, show 'em off "

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RIP Windsor. You and the rest of the cast gave me many a happy hour.
Apparently the BBC stopped showing repeats of the show as it wasn't considered PC enough for more "enlightened" times. Shame.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RIP Windsor. You and the rest of the cast gave me many a happy hour.
Apparently the BBC stopped showing repeats of the show as it wasn't considered PC enough for more "enlightened" times. Shame.

I heard that Sir Jack and from what I gathered it was not the Indian community who were against it being rerun but the homosexual one who were not keen on it as they did not like the Sgt Major using the term " poof ".

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I heard that Sir Jack and from what I gathered it was not the Indian community who were against it being rerun but the homosexual one who were not keen on it as they did not like the Sgt Major using the term " poof ".
Windsor always made me laugh. Just a quick note imagine if they tried to re run Love Thy Neighbour. Or for that matter Till Death Us Do Part!

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Windsor always made me laugh. Just a quick note imagine if they tried to re run Love Thy Neighbour. Or for that matter Till Death Us Do Part!

We were having a discussion about Alf Garnett at work the other day. We were laughing about what Johnny Speight would have scripted for him about the current political state. Would love to hear an Alf rant about May, Corbyn, Johnson and the others !

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
We were having a discussion about Alf Garnett at work the other day. We were laughing about what Johnny Speight would have scripted for him about the current political state. Would love to hear an Alf rant about May, Corbyn, Johnson and the others !

It was funny when I was a kid. My brother and I both loved Alf Garnett. I saw him as a great parody of racist old ****ers and my brother saw him as a role model.

Back
Top Bottom