Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Window so far

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just wondered who you folk think have done the best business in the window so far
Yes i know still a week to go, and probably some of the bigger signings to come,but still interested to see how we feel us and our competition have fared so far

We are 4th in the defecit table, only Villa,by a mile,Man U and Leicester have bigger transfer defecits as it stands,ours being £62 million approx
Everton ,who i think have done the best business btw,are almost £30 million in the green, but are poised to sign Kean i believe for more than that amount

Personally i believe we have had a good window, hopefully with one more big signing to be done yet,thoughts?

D

Deleted member 5635

Just wondered who you folk think have done the best business in the window so far
Yes i know still a week to go, and probably some of the bigger signings to come,but still interested to see how we feel us and our competition have fared so far

We are 4th in the defecit table, only Villa,by a mile,Man U and Leicester have bigger transfer defecits as it stands,ours being £62 million approx
Everton ,who i think have done the best business btw,are almost £30 million in the green, but are poised to sign Kean i believe for more than that amount

Personally i believe we have had a good window, hopefully with one more big signing to be done yet,thoughts?
We have added 2 new faces from the squad last year and sold a couple as well, so it hasn't really knocked my socks off or as Nuno said "go strong" disappointed so far compared to the last few windows.

L

Lincoln-WOLF

For all the talk of Everton, I don't think Delph is an upgrade on Idrissa Gueye. And that is so far their only new face! If they sign Kean though that'll be decent, but definitely not the overall best business in the league

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think Leicester have done ok so far, plus if they hang on to Maguire they will be happy I’m sure

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
If I’m being honest, a tiny bit underwhelmed so far, but will reserve judgement until the window finishes. If a major signing comes in, and balances the squad nicely, it will be a decent window. My own fault for getting caught up in the usual culprits saying we were going to be ‘shocking the footballing hierarchy ‘ by signing a clutch of major stars. Should know to ignore the bull**** by now, and that Nuno really likes small squads. You can see in the last few days that a lot of teams around us are going to strengthen, Everton being one of them. We’ll see where we are in a few days- hopefully we won’t be disappointed.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Underwhelmed so far , same issues in the squad still exist so lets see what the next 8 days throw up.

D

Deleted member 3751

I'm not sure how Everton have done the best business. Turned a loan into permanent (solid signing), bought Delph (another solid signing) but lost arguably their most important defensive player in Gueye and a talented young forward in Lookman. Their squad is weaker now than when the window opened.

We've done ok so far, we all know our first XI wasn't easy to improve upon, Vallejo will probably be an upgrade at the back and Cutrone is a quality option up front. The key for us, we haven't lost any starters. If we can get one or two more, specifically a midfielder who can either unlock a defence with a pass or carry the ball and commit players, we'll have had an excellent window.

Best window so far would probably be Villa, because at least they own their own squad now

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Much better than I was expecting.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have let 2 go and bought 2 in so we haven't increased the squad.Hopefully another couple to come in next week and to me provided they are top class,it will be a good window.Very happy at the moment as I'm not a greedy swine.Not bothered wat anyone else does so I'm not commenting.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa have had a window of high quantity, not high quality.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Summer 2019 Premier League transfer news
I've just had a quick look through the list of transfers on the premier league website and I have to say no club has blown me away with the deals they've done. A few good signings, but many clubs still have weak points in their squads. It's going to be a busy week for a few clubs.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obviously there is still time to go and a lot can happen at some clubs.
As it stands i don't think any club really has done amazing with incomings but people seem to forget how important it is for clubs to keep hold of their best players. Us keeping hold of the likes of Neves and especially Jota are more important than anything. Which looks like we will do.

Compare that to clus that are talked and over hyped by Sky etc about the business they've done - Leicester and Everton, Maguire will leave that will be a massive loss. Yes they have signed Tielemans on perm deal great but for people to see them gain an extra 20 points to last season and get near the top 6 are in dreamworld. Everton similar boat too Gueye has been vital for them, don't care who they sign up top defensively they are million miles off being any threat to top 6.

I like the signings West Ham have made, with the likes of Diop staying, Rice coming through, think they've got a good side and a top manager.

Rodri has probably been the stand out signing for me so far, giving his ability, age, he could play that role for City for a very long time.

Dingle Chris

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Poor so far we haven’t strengthened the first eleven really.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
It ain't over till the transfer window slams shut!
Makes a change from Moxey on transfer day .He had often left by early afternoon so he could go home to tuck his napkin in his collar in readiness for his family sized Desperate Dan pie .

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The reason i say Everton have done well,is they have replaced their outgoing staff with quality,im including Kean in this as its a done deal now
In doing so they have almost broken even,with probably Gbamin to come in,so for me thats an excellent value for money window
As has been said Villa have gone for quantity over quality,and really no one is standing out particularly,but this next week will see a lot of business im sure

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I for one, would say Fulham are doing bits.

D

Deleted member 5635

Obviously there is still time to go and a lot can happen at some clubs.
As it stands i don't think any club really has done amazing with incomings but people seem to forget how important it is for clubs to keep hold of their best players. Us keeping hold of the likes of Neves and especially Jota are more important than anything. Which looks like we will do.

Compare that to clus that are talked and over hyped by Sky etc about the business they've done - Leicester and Everton, Maguire will leave that will be a massive loss. Yes they have signed Tielemans on perm deal great but for people to see them gain an extra 20 points to last season and get near the top 6 are in dreamworld. Everton similar boat too Gueye has been vital for them, don't care who they sign up top defensively they are million miles off being any threat to top 6.

I like the signings West Ham have made, with the likes of Diop staying, Rice coming through, think they've got a good side and a top manager.

Rodri has probably been the stand out signing for me so far, giving his ability, age, he could play that role for City for a very long time.
You mention gaining the extra points to challenge the top 6. Perhaps with the right personnel and more goal threat from midfield maybe we would of been able to break down the stubborn defences and gain some extra points. still 8 days left to maybe address this issue from my point of view.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Underwhelmed so far but no one has done amazing signings. I think we'll see a lot more next week when time runs short.

We have a better option for our forward line since Costa/Cav no longer fitted the system, but we need an attacking midfielder to unlock defences. We've loaned out two attacking players, Traore is playing wing-back when he starts, Bonatini started last season and disappeared fast, so we're missing forwards even compared to last year.

At the back I don't know if Jesus is going to replace Bennett or not. Much as I like him, he was our weakest link.

Sign a first 11ish attacking midfielder and I'll be happy enough but I'd prefer a first team defensive signing too.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa haven't paid much attention to the spunk your cash model established by Fulham last year.

I have no gripe with Villa but they do remind me a bit of that Louis Theroux documentary on Michael Jackson, where he was walking through Harrods pointing at things, without looking at them, saying, I'll have two of those and one of those.

Given the MJ / Al Fayed links, possibly that's where the model originates from.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's tough. None of our first XI - even the oft-maligned Bennett - deserved to lose their place, so upgrading was always going to be a wrench. And expensive. And very difficult. It's already a headache trying to fit Vinagre in, and he really, really should be in the starting line up.

I like the addition of Cutrone, I was just really hoping for a next-level creative forward signing as well, to really push us on and offer something different. Top teams will be much more canny and prepared to deal with Raul next year, and Jota too, to an extent.

However. No other team has done wonders this summer. Everton will miss Gueye, though will benefit from Kean and Gbamin. Arsenal are rebuilding slowly but surely and will be better this year than last. But... that's it.

Could be a crazy final week.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have done fine so far.

The whole transfer window has been **** in a fan sense regardless how they butter it up.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's tough. None of our first XI - even the oft-maligned Bennett - deserved to lose their place, so upgrading was always going to be a wrench. And expensive. And very difficult. It's already a headache trying to fit Vinagre in, and he really, really should be in the starting line up.

I like the addition of Cutrone, I was just really hoping for a next-level creative forward signing as well, to really push us on and offer something different. Top teams will be much more canny and prepared to deal with Raul next year, and Jota too, to an extent.

However. No other team has done wonders this summer. Everton will miss Gueye, though will benefit from Kean and Gbamin. Arsenal are rebuilding slowly but surely and will be better this year than last. But... that's it.

Could be a crazy final week.
Your right i think it is going to be crazy,but we may all be waiting till this time next week for our next one to come in,the continental clubs are playing deadline day roulette, and the English clubs are just asking silly money

W

wolveshunt

Am I the only one not impressed by Leicester's squad? I keep hearing they will break into the top 6 this season but I'm not seeing it. Ayoze Perez is very average and Tielemans was there last season already. Replacing Maguire with Lewis Dunk would be absolutely shocking as well.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm in the underwhelmed column, we still need 2 or 3 more players to bolster the squad , but would be realistically happy with a defender and an AM

Wswolf

Reaction score
Very underwhelmed. 1 player that has had injury problems in the past and 1 striker who had a good first season but little game time second. Lost 2 squad players.
At best we have stood still and are hoping for squad improvrments to make the team better.

West ham, leicester and villa have had a good window. Villa have improved alot of positions from last season.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very underwhelmed. 1 player that has had injury problems in the past and 1 striker who had a good first season but little game time second. Lost 2 squad players.
At best we have stood still and are hoping for squad improvrments to make the team better.

West ham, leicester and villa have had a good window. Villa have improved alot of positions from last season.
Agree Leicester and Wham have spent well,not so sure on Villa, time will tell with them
Very harsh with us,both players very highly thought of by their club or fans,and we are talking Milan and Madrid here not Macclesfield
Both are young, have great potential and CL experience,ok both have something to prove but thats a good thing for us too
Yes we need another qualityplayer bought in but thats going to happen for sure,then it will be a good window all round

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leicester and West Ham have done similar to us really. Leicester have made Tielemans permanent like we have with Donk and Raul and they have brought Perez in and a young prospect. West Ham have improved their attacking options but their defence is still shocking. Villa have just brought a load of dross in my opinion. If we can get Dias in I’m more than happy, our midfield trio of moutinho, Neves and Donk are good enough for me with Saiss and Gibbs White as back up

WolvesKop

Reaction score
Ruben Dias the key to this transfer window for us. If we get him it has been a Brillant one, if not its been rather underwhelming especially if our last signing is Wallace. In the past 3 summer windows, Fosun has always had a marquee signing
2016 it was Cav
2017 it was Neves
2018 It was Mouthino
2019? (I expect it to be our final signing of this summer)
point is Fosun don't do underwhelming summer Transfer windows.

Back
Top Bottom