Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wilshire anyone?

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Good player, but a total nob, and I don't think he'd fit in well with our team.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't arsenal want to keep him but he wants too much. Can't see us offering it to him.

It's them going this team is rich and ambitious they might.

S

Shifnal Wolf

He won’t be coming here or anywhere else, he will sign a new deal @ Arsenal

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even ignoring injuries this is a person who loves the bright lights and attention. I don't see him being happy in the George Wallace.

NavyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On his day can be great, however, his injury record makes Darren sicknote Andertons look tame. Plus would his attitude rock the boat and be disruptive.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be an expensive gamble.
If he is finally over his injury problems then at only 26 would offer a lot??

Tufts back

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Would be an expensive gamble.
If he is finally over his injury problems then at only 26 would offer a lot??
Isn't he out of contract in the summer?
I would sign him up for a year on pay as he plays , but sure he will get better offers from top 10 prem clubs

D

Deleted member 3604

No. We'll need another leader alongside the wonderkid from Porto. The next Pirlo hopefully ...

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t help thinking he has had his day. Looked to be regaining some good form and then it drastically fell away once he learned that he would have to take a pay cut to stay at Arsenal. It would be a massive gamble, cost massive money and almost certainly end in injury woes.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A huge if, but a fit Wilshere and Neves has the potential to be the best central midfield in the country for a good few years.

Nuno and the team have been exceptional when it’s come to players’ fitness and injuries this season too.

U

Ulfhednar

We need @Okresh to be dusting off his rumour detector View attachment 4858

He should get a lie detector for this summers in the know's, even kids have them now for toys (though this one pictured is a pro model as used on Jeremy Kyle).

1514174638271430138.jpg

U

Ulfhednar

I think we only buy assets, players who'll retain or improve their value. Could he fit with that? He is apparently only 26. There is more to it though, as long as they're a good enough player, if they can help the brand and make the club more supportable, they could improve value there rather than in themselves as the asset. Jack Wiltshire, ex Arsenal, famous, English, would do that.

I wonder if the rumour would make more sense as a loan with an agreement in our favour to buy if Nuno and his team find they can keep him fit? Attempting to settle Afobe was apparently a big part of it for Bournemouth, maybe it is for us too? Maybe they both need to be settled to realise their potential and full value.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** Jack Wheelchair. huge money, injury liability , unpredictable performances.

I'd rather have a couple of decent players at the net same cost or 1exceptionally promising one at 75% .

I think our days of recruiting on past glories are behind us. Those transfer policies are built on the same sandy foundations that's seen us flapping around the 2nd tier and lower for years.

No thanks Jack. I'm not sure what his redeeming features are these days.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A huge if, but a fit Wilshere and Neves has the potential to be the best central midfield in the country for a good few years.

Nuno and the team have been exceptional when it’s come to players’ fitness and injuries this season too.

On player fitness it's a very decent point.
I can't remember when we've EVER been as fortunate as this season, with injuries.

Is it luck or have we merely had years of incompetence? We've seemed to havr far, far, far more bad luck than an average team (or so it seems) so was that down to poor quality staff / training / medical advice , poor recruitment or just bad luck?

Rowzed

Reaction score
On player fitness it's a very decent point.
I can't remember when we've EVER been as fortunate as this season, with injuries.

Is it luck or have we merely had years of incompetence? We've seemed to havr far, far, far more bad luck than an average team (or so it seems) so was that down to poor quality staff / training / medical advice , poor recruitment or just bad luck?

Well the medical team hasn't changed much, the training methods, player recruitment and conditioning have. There is pretty good evidence that the biggest causes of injury in any team are the way in which the manger trains the team (if he will accept advice from the back room, and not all do); the past injuries of the players recruited, and whether the team is struggling or cruising.

Medical teams have an impact on recovery times, and conditioning reduces injury rates but not if players are overstretched either in training, matches or both.

It's noticeable with Nuno that he rotates his front three, he rarely keeps them on the whole of two consecutive games and if there's three games in 8 days each striker gets a rest. The ability to keep Doherty and Douglas, Neves and Saiss, running all game every game is a real testament to the recovery techniques, fitness and conditioning. Fosun have invested wisely.

E

E is for idiot.

Well the medical team hasn't changed much, the training methods, player recruitment and conditioning have. There is pretty good evidence that the biggest causes of injury in any team are the way in which the manger trains the team (if he will accept advice from the back room, and not all do); the past injuries of the players recruited, and whether the team is struggling or cruising.

Medical teams have an impact on recovery times, and conditioning reduces injury rates but not if players are overstretched either in training, matches or both.

It's noticeable with Nuno that he rotates his front three, he rarely keeps them on the whole of two consecutive games and if there's three games in 8 days each striker gets a rest. The ability to keep Doherty and Douglas, Neves and Saiss, running all game every game is a real testament to the recovery techniques, fitness and conditioning. Fosun have invested wisely.

Doherty especially. He never seems to stop running.

S

Southbank Ebanks

If he signed for us I’d presume he would have to take a pay cut, if he is willing to take a pay cut then surely he’ll sign the new contract arsenal are offering.

This rumour makes no sense to me. The above reason being just one of many.

hoop

Reaction score
Where would he fit in to our 3-4-3 system?
Not tough enough to replace Saiss.
No one is going to suggest replacing Neves.

Wiltshire and Neves is too lightweight.

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
prefer the upcoming MGW to Wiltingshere

could say similar on ball, but MGW more likely on the ball over next 3-5 years

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5242

Can't see wilshere fitting in alongside neves.

Seems an unlikely signing all-round tbh. Not one I would be keen on

Bondi Wolf

Reaction score
Surely we are beyond this now? We used to sign crocks, journeymen, hasbeens, drunks, glass legs, target men, snotters and headless chickens.

More from Horhey Mendes please

S

Snarlingwolf

I think we’ll be aiming for a damn size higher grade of player than Wiltshire !! :cool:

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if next year's 5 midfielders are not already set in Stone. Neves, New Partner (Mendes Client) Saiss, Alf & MGW. Be very happy with that as a midfield 5 with 4 to rotate around the magic man. We will sign Jota and Boly 1 more CB and 2 x Strikers. 1 of which may already be here. (Afobe or Leo probably Afobe will be signed) Also sign Vinagre and a RWB.

Can't see Nuno wanting a injury prone former superkid with an attitude issue.

Batth, Marshall, Graham, EEL, Iorfa, Gladon, Prince, Zyro, possibly Hause will all go.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if next year's 5 midfielders are not already set in Stone. Neves, New Partner (Mendes Client) Saiss, Alf & MGW. Be very happy with that as a midfield 5 with 4 to rotate around the magic man. We will sign Jota and Boly 1 more CB and 2 x Strikers. 1 of which may already be here. (Afobe or Leo probably Afobe will be signed) Also sign Vinagre and a RWB.

Can't see Nuno wanting a injury prone former superkid with an attitude issue.

Batth, Marshall, Graham, EEL, Iorfa, Gladon, Prince, Zyro, possibly Hause will all go.

We just gave Hause a new deal

Loojay

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm in the minority but I'd love him. He's had a good season and has been relatively injury free. PL experience like his on a free transfer doesn't happen every day. You also can't fault his work ethic, him giving it all is one of the reasons why he gets so many injuries. Yes from me

Back
Top Bottom