Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Will they save us (or make us) millions?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Luke has had a couple of poor loans not helped by injuries. Hamilton fans weren’t impressed and S****horpe are struggling he really needs his confidence building and quality game time, he’s still young so plenty of time to improve

In an ideal world he needs to be in side doing well but appreciate it isnt easy to just find clubs that are.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Potentially yes apart from Sarkic I don’t think he’s up to it.

Time to integrate them into the squad or loan them again to develop them. Don’t forget Ronan either he’s playing CM for St Mirren doing very well. Certainly offers a different option. I’d guess Jordao will be sold to Grasshoppers for a small profit ;)

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see the progress of Shabani, Taylor Perry and Marques with us in the second half of this season. Hopefully they can get regular minutes for the u23's and act as decent back up for the first team squad. All players with good potential.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have posted a variation of this question on a number of other threads over the last few weeks, but I wanted to see what people think about this group of lads coming through

Sarkic
Sanderson
Giles
MGW
Cundle
Corbeanu

Personally I am really excited about these six lads. MGW is probably a bit further forward and Corbeanu may need a championship loan but given how they have performed (or how highly rated they are) I can't help getting excited to see what happens over the next few years.

What are they worth today?

Is it silly to say there is £30m of talent there right now?

I think its important to consider these lads, and you have also got Bolla, Gomes, and Chiquinho to perhaps include as well.

Its important because with the exception of replacing Neves and Jiminez I think the development of these lads will influence the next 2 or 3 transfer windows in one way or another.

Don't forget this is the strategy all along.

So what is everyone's views? Are they sell-on cannon fodder or are we looking at the basis of our squad for the next decade?
I’m still hopeful that MGW will come good and you can’t argue with Giles’ assists stats. The others I think may have the odd good moment but think their futures are in the Championship or lower football league/euro leagues. As long as they stay professional and not have the ego of Enobakari, then they should still generate a few quid for the club.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see the progress of Shabani, Taylor Perry and Marques with us in the second half of this season. Hopefully they can get regular minutes for the u23's and act as decent back up for the first team squad. All players with good potential.
I forgot about Shabani and Marques

Is Shababi fit now? Shame about Marques's loan... he looked the best defensive young talent at the club but that loan did him no favours, he deserved better. Interesting that the club have kept him in house for the rest of the season

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I find it harder to judge the u23s because they play at a higher standard than a few years ago when Ronan and MGW were massive stand outs. Some of the u23 games can be a bit tedious. I've been pleasantly surprised by the success of some our championship and league 1 loans.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is put Cundle as ahead of Perry but Perry is probably a bit more physical

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who was the last youngster before Kiman to make his mark in the first team here? Just trying to put some perspective here. An interesting stat would be of the 20 Prem 1st X1s what percentage are youngsters and what percentage purchases; I'd say 20%/80%?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think they’re maybe more likely to earn us millions than to save us millions.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m still hopeful that MGW will come good and you can’t argue with Giles’ assists stats. The others I think may have the odd good moment but think their futures are in the Championship or lower football league/euro leagues. As long as they stay professional and not have the ego of Enobakari, then they should still generate a few quid for the club.
I was really impressed with MGW before he went again,looked to have regained his confidence,im sure he will be a decent squad player

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I forgot about Shabani and Marques

Is Shababi fit now? Shame about Marques's loan... he looked the best defensive young talent at the club but that loan did him no favours, he deserved better. Interesting that the club have kept him in house for the rest of the season

I think Shabani may well be in training again but obviously needs some games in the u23's. Marques is a classy player. Maybe being back here and training with the first team will help him?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think hopefully both from what I have seen of some of these players.

Reactions: Ned

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sarkic - no not convinced he will make the grade.

Sanderson - yes I think next season he will be in the set up especially if Saiss isn’t retained and Boly is sold. Next season anyway

Giles - Yes he will be one we can count on. Great crossing ability and fast. Eye for goal too. Good going forward for a wing back

MGW - not sure he will make it to be honest. Only Morgan can decide that. He’s got the ability but needs to acknowledge he’s not going to be first choice every week. Good player but if he wants to be the star man he probably is best off leaving.

Cundle - Very impressive every time Iv seen him probably our brightest star coming through.

Corbeanu - Still progressing maybe a loan to Grasshoppers could develop him more first.. Next season anyway.

Ronan - matured into a centre midfield role. Could be useful to have as back up or move on to Grasshoppers

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Corbeanu I feel will be the one to be the jewel out of the group but Sanderson, Cundle, Giles, MGW and Sarkic will all be integrated into the first team squad next season.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think Giles will make it here, purely because ait-nouri is the bees knees. I really think he could end up being one of the best, if not the best in the world in his position. The others, who knows.

Last edited:

Ernie the Wolf

Reaction score
I have posted a variation of this question on a number of other threads over the last few weeks, but I wanted to see what people think about this group of lads coming through

Sarkic
Sanderson
Giles
MGW
Cundle
Corbeanu

Personally I am really excited about these six lads. MGW is probably a bit further forward and Corbeanu may need a championship loan but given how they have performed (or how highly rated they are) I can't help getting excited to see what happens over the next few years.

I think its important to consider these lads, and you have also got Bolla, Gomes, and Chiquinho to perhaps include as well.

Its important because with the exception of replacing Neves and Jiminez I think the development of these lads will influence the next 2 or 3 transfer windows in one way or another.

So what is everyone's views? Are they sell-on cannon fodder or are we looking at the basis of our squad for the next decade?
There are 4 or 5 others in the U23 squad I would add to the list, mainly in defence.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sarkic
Sanderson
Giles
MGW
Cundle
Corbeanu

I think £30m right now is a more than fair assessment. MGW would cost an eight figure sum, Sanderson was touted as £2m-£3m last summer and a successful Championship season will only help that, likewise Giles who would probably be worth £5m+ right now so that'd be over £20m just with those - and their values should only go up

I do think long term we're very well stocked and hopefully we'll start to see these young players regularly in the squads over the next 12-18 months

Ernie the Wolf

Reaction score
Potentially yes apart from Sarkic I don’t think he’s up to it.

Time to integrate them into the squad or loan them again to develop them. Don’t forget Ronan either he’s playing CM for St Mirren doing very well. Certainly offers a different option. I’d guess Jordao will be sold to Grasshoppers for a small profit ;)
Jordao will come back to the Wolves and be a regular in the first team next season, assuming he avoids further injury. There is a very good player in him.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sarkic
Sanderson
Giles
MGW
Cundle
Corbeanu

Not sure why they are not at Grashoppers . Is there a policy for what type go there ?

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks for everyone thoughts. It is really interesting to get everyone's perspectives.

I just think there are some cracking younger players in the youth teams. I watch most of the under 23's games online and I could have added these to the list if you push the time frame out a year or so;

Lembikisa (very talented lad)
Roberts (love his pace and aggression)
Fraser (Big physical presence for a young lad)
Lonwijk (another talent lad)

Personally I have never seen the hype with Marques. I know Perry was starting to have a good loan at Cheltenham but I have not seen anything to suggest he is going to be a Premier league player in the foreseeable. I hope I am wrong.

I don't think I have been this excited for a crop of youth players for decades.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its harsh to judge the potential of this current crop of youngsters based on past failures and the lack of first team players we've produced in the years gone by

We've never had investment in young players like we've had from Fosun, and I think it's natural to raise expectations and be excited by a different class of youth player we have now

They've always said its an integral part of the plan, time to see some get a chance

KFordOriginal

Groupie
Reaction score
They will continue to make our club sustainable, top 10 and bring in profit / income as and when required.
Better model and academy than most prem clubs.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think £30m right now is a more than fair assessment. MGW would cost an eight figure sum, Sanderson was touted as £2m-£3m last summer and a successful Championship season will only help that, likewise Giles who would probably be worth £5m+ right now so that'd be over £20m just with those - and their values should only go up

I do think long term we're very well stocked and hopefully we'll start to see these young players regularly in the squads over the next 12-18 months
Giles and sanderson are placed at clubs with a great chance of promotion. If promoted would they bid for these players?

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score

Sarkic
Sanderson
Giles
MGW
Cundle
Corbeanu

Totally agree. Even if we "hit" on only a handful of the following players, many will still provide really good ROI. Here's how I would classify our younger players.

In the 1st team squad:
Cundle
MGW
Gomes
Chiquinho

In and around the 1st team squad, at worst Championship-level player:
Sarkic
Sanderson
Giles
Jordao
Shabani

I would add the following highly rated youngsters, as possible first-teamers depending on loan development:
Lonwijk
Marques
Bolla
Corbeanu
Perry
Moulden
Sondergaard

Look promising and need more development, but still young :
Lembikisa
Roberts
Farmer
Griffiths
Birtwistle
Bueno
Matheson
Campbell
Mabete
Sang-bin

Never coming back, but still worth money:
Ronan
Bonatini
Vinagre
Campana
Cutrone

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Kilman progresses on his current trajectory he's saved us millions on a CH and if we do sell him he'll earn us millions.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If Kilman progresses on his current trajectory he's saved us millions on a CH and if we do sell him he'll earn us millions.

Agreed if we put a list of under 23s out 2 years ago I doubt many would have thought Kilman would be a first team regular let alone our best centre half.

It's only a small number needed to make an impact.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we fail to re-invest in the first team as well as this youth investment, then these boys will be getting first team experience with us in the Championship

Most teams outside the Sky 6 are always one or two bad injuries (or loss of their best player) away from a relegation battle - that's just the hyper-competative nature of the Premier league.

If we sell Neves for £40m and get the £29m for Adama we have a solid pot to rebuild, but my point with this thread was to point out that the likes of Giles, Sanderson, MGW, and Sarkic give you either saleable assets or dam good squad players to keep you out of the championship.

I don't want to see us back in the championship, but when you look how those lads have performed in the championship we would have the basis of a competitive squad if it did happen - but I think we are starting to get to the point where relegation is becoming less likely as the years go by - the key is getting a striker.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Most teams outside the Sky 6 are always one or two bad injuries (or loss of their best player) away from a relegation battle - that's just the hyper-competative nature of the Premier league.

If we sell Neves for £40m and get the £29m for Adama we have a solid pot to rebuild, but my point with this thread was to point out that the likes of Giles, Sanderson, MGW, and Sarkic give you either saleable assets or dam good squad players to keep you out of the championship.

I don't want to see us back in the championship, but when you look how those lads have performed in the championship we would have the basis of a competitive squad if it did happen - but I think we are starting to get to the point where relegation is becoming less likely as the years go by - the key is getting a striker.
£40 million for Neves?

Please tell me you're joking.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£40 million for Neves?

Please tell me you're joking.

I would love it to be £60m or £70m if has got to go, but I think most of the potential buying clubs will pitch the market value at that sort of figure unfortunately :(

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They need to work on extending contracts. So far only dendoncker, neto and killman have had their contracts extended recently.

Back
Top Bottom