Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Will they save us (or make us) millions?

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have posted a variation of this question on a number of other threads over the last few weeks, but I wanted to see what people think about this group of lads coming through

Sarkic
Sanderson
Giles
MGW
Cundle
Corbeanu

Personally I am really excited about these six lads. MGW is probably a bit further forward and Corbeanu may need a championship loan but given how they have performed (or how highly rated they are) I can't help getting excited to see what happens over the next few years.

What are they worth today?

Is it silly to say there is £30m of talent there right now?

I think its important to consider these lads, and you have also got Bolla, Gomes, and Chiquinho to perhaps include as well.

Its important because with the exception of replacing Neves and Jiminez I think the development of these lads will influence the next 2 or 3 transfer windows in one way or another.

Don't forget this is the strategy all along.

So what is everyone's views? Are they sell-on cannon fodder or are we looking at the basis of our squad for the next decade?

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Giles and Cundle for me, maybe sarkic but i think the others will struggle to get game time

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two Blues fans I know raving about Sarkic and Sanderson. But then Blues are ****.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good question. I'd add the foreign youngsters we've bought in too, as Toti's emergence proves there is a pathway.

I suppose the answer to your question will dictate a lot about the future of the club!

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have posted a variation of this question on a number of other threads over the last few weeks, but I wanted to see what people think about this group of lads coming through

Sarkic
Sanderson
Giles
MGW
Cundle
Corbeanu

Personally I am really excited about these six lads. MGW is probably a bit further forward and Corbeanu may need a championship loan but given how they have performed (or how highly rated they are) I can't help getting excited to see what happens over the next few years.

What are they worth today?

Is it silly to say there is £30m of talent there right now?

I think its important to consider these lads, and you have also got Bolla, Gomes, and Chiquinho to perhaps include as well.

Its important because with the exception of replacing Neves and Jiminez I think the development of these lads will influence the next 2 or 3 transfer windows in one way or another.

Don't forget this is the strategy all along.

So what is everyone's views? Are they sell-on cannon fodder or are we looking at the basis of our squad for the next decade?
It's a bit hard to judge all of them individually but arguably Kilman and Rayan have joined the group of senior players in the squad after a bit of development.....so there is no reason why we can't find a couple more who can make the step up....it might not necessarily be those individuals but with toti, chiquhino and hopefully Fabio as well in 12 months we might find a couple more who can join the senior first teamers without breaking the bank...

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
I am hopeful as many as possible prove worth to the 1st team, some have already made decent strides.

I think another thing to consider is thst even those who don't het into first team may be sold to the champ or such for decent money. The self sustainability talked about doesn't have to be about exclusively selling stars; making decent money off those thst don't make it can be crucial.

The likes of man city and chelsea (whilst on a different stratosphere) add to their pot by making money off fringe players

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am hopeful as many as possible prove worth to the 1st team, some have already made decent strides.

I think another thing to consider is thst even those who don't het into first team may be sold to the champ or such for decent money. The self sustainability talked about doesn't have to be about exclusively selling stars; making decent money off those thst don't make it can be crucial.

The likes of man city and chelsea (whilst on a different stratosphere) add to their pot by making money off fringe players
That's spot on .....Giles, sarkic , Sanderson n Gibbs have played well in the championship and at worse will generate funds from championship teams if nowt else . It's been the best season in terms of development for our youngsters.....inside the first team and outside of it ..

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One word- Lembikisa. Gonna be a star.

Agree. Really impressed with Tyler Roberts as well. There are a lot of very good talents in the u18's and u16's, some of which have become or are becoming regulars in the u23's like Hubner, Lembikisa, Roberts, Birtwistle.
Others like Farmer, Barnett, Fraser, Rees, Mabete and others meant to be very good as well.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Agree. Really impressed with Tyler Roberts as well. There are a lot of very good talents in the u18's and u16's, some of which have become or are becoming regulars in the u23's like Hubner, Lembikisa, Roberts, Birtwistle.
Others like Farmer, Barnett, Fraser, Rees, Mabete and others meant to be very good as well.
Yeah some real talent coming through. Fosun have put their money where their mouth is with the academy and it’s starting to show.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah some real talent coming through. Fosun have put their money where their mouth is with the academy and it’s starting to show.

I do agree with that. The u23's havent been great this season for a number of different reasons but the u18 group and u16 look highly promising. Could have a very good u23 group very soon.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I do agree with that. The u23's havent been great this season for a number of different reasons but the u18 group and u16 look highly promising. Could have a very good u23 group very soon.
Yep the U23s isn’t the priority group, it’s more a holding pen for players in between loans and transfers and also a place to blood the U18s.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep the U23s isn’t the priority group, it’s more a holding pen for players in between loans and transfers and also a place to blood the U18s.

Could be quite strong though for the second part of this season and maybe next season. Quite a few of these lads will form the main part of the u23 group soon.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Giles and Cundle for me, maybe sarkic but i think the others will struggle to get game time

I like the 3 you mention as well. I will say though that Corbeanu could be even more talented than them. His natural ability is ridiculously good.

Keep an eye on our u18/u16 group as well. Some excellent talent coming through here.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From what I have seen of him recently he is improving rapidly. Would be fine by me if he was on the bench.
He was on the bench for Sheffield United game ... obviously the first team is a big step up but he looks a natural......either side.....great talent ...

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also worth mentioning Harvey Griffiths and Joe Hodge as well. Griffiths we did well to get from Man City along with Hodge. Man City fans were surprised both were allowed to leave. Hodge is slightly older and not played yet due to injury but is meant to be a very good player. Griffiths is younger but was highly thought of at Man City but they have a big group.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was on the bench for Sheffield United game ... obviously the first team is a big step up but he looks a natural......either side.....great talent ...

I'd say Bruno has been impressed. He trains regularly with the first team and apparently has an excellent attitude and always willing to learn. Also one of the reasons I wasnt quite as bothered with Giles going as Bueno is also a player who is looking good at left wing back.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd say Bruno has been impressed. He trains regularly with the first team and apparently has an excellent attitude and always willing to learn. Also one of the reasons I wasnt quite as bothered with Giles going as Bueno is also a player who is looking good at left wing back.
Bruno seems impressed with Giles as well..... he will replace marcal position in the squad next season...

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Plays LWB but played RWB the other night and it was if he’d played their his whole life. Natural talent.

He is actually right footed I think but can play either side.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its taken a few years for the academy to start producing the goods,but thats the whole point,it takes time 3,4,5years sometimes for these kids to fulfil potential
We look to have possibly 8/9 really good prospects, some close to the first team even now
As far as money, well thats impossible to say, but theres no doubt we will make a very good profit on any that sell, or even better if they become first team regulars

Lycaon

Reaction score
Possibly missing out young Luke Matheson, definitely one for the future by all accounts, and yes, I’d prefer the thread title to read “Will they make us millions”!

Don’t think it’s too far fetched to suggest that in 2-3 years time those players mentioned could possibly combined fetch £40mil plus, however, I’d like to think they all become regulars in the years to come if they carry on developing into top class players.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
How’s Luke Matheson doing at S****horpe?

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One break through from the U23's or the Academy a season and its more than paying for itself when you consider what we would pay for 1 young first team player being bought in... £20M £30M.. Kilman last season, Cundle this. It's doing well and I agree I think the next crop through could make an impact on our squad next season and we get a bunch of players in one go who could make their mark, and there's room for them to do so, certainly in the squad

When considering the players mentioned in the OP...

Sarkic. He gets fit and he has a ready made squad place to replace Ruddy. Likely First team squad player next season

Sanderson. Saiss doesn't sign a new deal and Boly moves on you'd expect us to buy a first team CB, but gives Dion good chance to be back up. Good chance of being a squad player next season

Giles. Marcal moving on makes Giles have a great chance of being with the squad next season. Yes Jonny will *hopefully* be in his way too. But Bruno is impressed and will get a chance to be with the squad next season as a LWB and maybe cover on the wing too. Likely First team squad player next season

MGW. Has to have a strong finish to the season with Sheff Utd post injury and make his mark so Bruno has to play him. Traore moving on makes room for him, and a possible change in formation over the summer also adds weight to him. Likely First team squad player next season

Cundle. Already a first team squad player... but if we sign a midfielder in the summer and Moutinho stays for longer they may let him have a full season on loan in the Champ to aid his development. But it seems Bruno rates him so highly he will stay with the first team again. Likely First team squad player next season

Corbeanu. Doing well in L1. Has real talent but unlikely he will be thrown into the first team yet, will hopefully get the summer to show what he can do to Bruno but would be logical to loan again to the Champ this time and if he does well there then he's knocking on Bruno's door for the following season. Likely better loan net season

Thats a pretty good return from our youth players... add in Bolla who will get a look over the summer and not cost us a penny and could well make the step up, also Bueno & Perry although I think a loan seems likely for both next season, hopefully at Champ level. Plus the younger lads like Lembikisa, Roberts & Birtwistle who may also get a chance to impress in the summer and get fast tracked if they are indeed special players, Bruno will give them a chance in pre season

I think we could see as many as 4 young lads as permanent first team squad players next season, with 1 or 2 more having a good chance and all of a sudden it's starting to look like a very good output of young talent from the youth set ups... but then the bigger challenge comes for them to get a first team spot nailed down like Kilman has managed to do

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Possibly missing out young Luke Matheson, definitely one for the future by all accounts, and yes, I’d prefer the thread title to read “Will they make us millions”!

Don’t think it’s too far fetched to suggest that in 2-3 years time those players mentioned could possibly combined fetch £40mil plus, however, I’d like to think they all become regulars in the years to come if they carry on developing into top class players.
Luke has had a couple of poor loans not helped by injuries. Hamilton fans weren’t impressed and S****horpe are struggling he really needs his confidence building and quality game time, he’s still young so plenty of time to improve

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think it's more in hope than expectation
Absolutely this. We rarely produce a decent youngster; loads with great potential who then get loaned out and disappear off for ever. A few years back I really thought Conor Ronan was going to be the mf we so desperately needed? Kilman has shown you can make it here as a youngster but he really is the exception to the rule.

scrufftyguy

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Does anyone know how you can watch Grasshoppers games online? Will be very interested to see how the likes of Sang Bin, Bolla, Jordao get on and some of the players they have signed this window.

I’ve seen a few games on the One Football App home | OneFootball They’re showing the game against Zurich on Saturday evening. Free to watch too.

D

Deleted member (smith)

Absolutely this. We rarely produce a decent youngster; loads with great potential who then get loaned out and disappear off for ever. A few years back I really thought Conor Ronan was going to be the mf we so desperately needed? Kilman has shown you can make it here as a youngster but he really is the exception to the rule.

indeed it is not an exact science and the majority of youth players never play in he premier league. But if a premier league quality midfielder is worth 30 million pounds to us there must be some really obvious attraction to try to create your own rather than buying from other teams. That after all is what the youth teams and the loan outs are all about ….development of future players.

but as you say it doesn’t always work…I thought Oscar burr and Ruben vinagre would have made it but they got to the bench just to fall by the wayside.

Back
Top Bottom