Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Will Fosun realise?

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Surprised comments discussed on talk sport. Really didn't think it was a big issue and maybe outside of a wolves circle would rightly get no mention. But turned into a bit of a story now clearly.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think Fosun have both realised and learnt from their successful ownership of our Football Club, Wolves:
  • They are clearly becoming very pragmatic in their management, having learnt valuable lessons, whilst still avoiding relegation.
  • We smashed our way out of the Championship under their ownership even after their first choice of Head coach didn’t go to plan.
  • They fostered a relationship with a top agent, that allowed us to over achieve beyond all expectations with an early foray into European Football.
  • They got carried away with this early success and spent money like a Big 6 club, without the guaranteed income of such a Club.
  • They've successfully (even if a little brutally) rectified their spending.
  • They've complied with the changing rules landscape of FFP and PSR so that potential points deductions haven't deviated them from their course to establish us as a BIG 6 Club.
  • We now have a young coach who according to the press is the envy of some of the Big 6 clubs.
  • We're safe for another season
  • We can build and climb the Premiership league table for another year.

We've even become exciting to watch.
Agree with all the points above but this might be the season they learn that when you have a shot at the European places you have to take it as they don't come around too often. My fear is we won't be as close when other teams load up again/arent as **** for next season. But such is life, still an outside chance of it this year

Madmalc

Reaction score
Agree with all the points above but this might be the season they learn that when you have a shot at the European places you have to take it as they don't come around too often. My fear is we won't be as close when other teams load up again/arent as **** for next season. But such is life, still an outside chance of it this year
You could also argue that getting into Europe this season, and then trying to make a go of that would only add to the woes of a small squad and see us falling down the Premier league placings and all the turmoil that can bring..

In fact didn't we just do that, with Nuno's small squad?

GON describes WHU as 2 to 3 years ahead of us in their development, they certainly have a bigger squad.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You could also argue that getting into Europe this season, and then trying to make a go of that would only add to the woes of a small squad and see us falling down the Premier league placings and all the turmoil that can bring..

In fact didn't we just do that, with Nuno's small squad?

GON describes WHU as 2 to 3 years ahead of us in their development, they certainly have a bigger squad.
That's absolutely fair. I'm just approaching it from a fan perspective would rather one season of Europe for one season off. Never break into the consistent Europe if you never go for it!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surprised comments discussed on talk sport. Really didn't think it was a big issue and maybe outside of a wolves circle would rightly get no mention. But turned into a bit of a story now clearly.

Gary is loved by the people of talksport and did shows for them before he took our job……

JL had his journalist to get the message out there

GON has an entire radio network and the ex-player pundit circles on the TV…….

Jeff has to play this right, as if GON goes even slightly JL but keeps it more professionally done, like he has so far in the way he has vented his frustrations.

This time it could be very very bad PR for the club…… as GON is well liked and loved by the media……

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps Gary’s own words will finally reassure the posters who took his mid week comments as criticism. There was a lot of overreacting, imo and too much reading between the lines. At times I thought some posters were happy, smug and gleeful with what they thought he said.

Emphasis are mine.

“And it wasn’t. It was an explanation of the situation that the club finds itself in and why we are where we are at this moment.
“I’m the one that has to answer the questions and I’m the one that gets to come out and speak but it wasn’t a criticism.
“There’s nothing in me that’s unhappy and there was nothing in the comments the other night other than an explanation ………..”

Wolf79

Groupie
Reaction score
I think it’s more a case of one poster hears it and thinks he’s leaving and everyone else hears it and thinks he’s staying.
I think after a few disappointing results (starting with Coventry) he was just expressing his frustration at what might have been. No different to the rest of us.

If we had our front 3 fit we could be up there pushing for 6th place (& yes I know other teams have injuries). Win tomorrow & our season is still alive & hopefully Cunha & Hwang will come back strong.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a suprise really given we have so limited first team players - but apparently we have the 4th lowest wage bill.

GON has worked a miracle this season and fosun need to pull their finger out and not be complacent otherwise we will be relegated within 1-3 seasons

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do think that Shi should come make some sort of statement, acknowledging the difficulties encountered in January and thanking GON, the players and fans for their efforts, promising to do the best they can in the summer.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think after a few disappointing results (starting with Coventry) he was just expressing his frustration at what might have been. No different to the rest of us.

If we had our front 3 fit we could be up there pushing for 6th place (& yes I know other teams have injuries). Win tomorrow & our season is still alive & hopefully Cunha & Hwang will come back strong.
Neto and Hwang being fit all season . Hmmmm. One injury and then there was two . .

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do think that Shi should come make some sort of statement, acknowledging the difficulties encountered in January and thanking GON, the players and fans for their efforts, promising to do the best they can in the summer.
I should be charging GON and Shi consultancy fees!!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I should be charging GON and Shi consultancy fees!!

It is good when Jeff actually speaks!!!!!

He doesn’t do it enough and that I think
Is part of the issue at times.

He doesn’t need to rebuttal every story or rumour. But if he or the club just opened up more, it would be great!

For example, I am a fan of his e&s pieces…… they shows an insight into Jeff as a person, that is a great thing to do and I wish he did it more.

Back
Top Bottom