Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Will Fosun realise?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I understand Fosun’s position . They had Sellars and Lage who caused a destruction of a lot of what was built. Then Lopetegui makes unreasonable demands . This is of course Fosuns fault ,but it all stems from losing the heavy influence of the knowledgeable Mendes IMO.
But now things are settled and we have a great base from which to build with GON and Hobbs. But will Fosun trust “outsiders” , men from outside the inner sanctum? I fear they may not.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wrongly banned? For pushing for another posters phone number so that you could meet up to sort a forum disagreement in person?
A repeat would result in a much longer 'wrongly' banning.
No. For challenging a poster who was abusing/aggressive to me to do it to my face.

If someone is calling you out and you say do it to my face, at worst they should get the same punishment, in my opinion. So, on the basis the other poster got away without anything happening, I was wrongly banned.

You could say I was rightly banned but unfairly treated if that's a better way to phrase it.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is nothing to do with being annoyed we drew with Burnley.

We're discussing this now because our manager finally grew a pair and decided he wanted to say what we'd been thinking for months.
So it's actually a thinly veiled criticism of the manager.

He's been making reference to it since January, but any excuse to have a pop and say see I was right about GON all along.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
No. For challenging a poster who was abusing/aggressive to me to do it to my face.

If someone is calling you out and you say do it to my face, at worst they should get the same punishment, in my opinion. So, on the basis the other poster got away without anything happening, I was wrongly banned.

You could say I was rightly banned but unfairly treated if that's a better way to phrase it.
Thats not acceptable behaviour on here. never has been, never will be.
Its a forum - if you look to take anything hostile past that you will be banned.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yeah but what happens if they’d have brought their dad with them and he was bigger than your dad?

The audacity of saying GON needed to grow a pair then offering a straightener to someone on a forum, comedy gold

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So it's actually a thinly veiled criticism of the manager.

He's been making reference to it since January, but any excuse to have a pop and say see I was right about GON all along.
Not just me that read between the lines then…….

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thats not acceptable behaviour on here. never has been, never will be.
Its a forum - if you look to take anything hostile past that you will be banned.

Pretty sure 'say it to my face and not behind a keyboard' is pretty common on here, which I was effectively doing. But noted.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do think you are ignoring what O'Neil actually said:

He warned the club they were overloading the players!!!!

It's a thinly veiled accusation of negligence !!!!

These are international players at the top of their profession!!!!

Being treated like cattle!!!

Even the most abject board loyalist can surely see that this is serious stuff!!!
Im not ignoring anything
Its you and others putting a different twist on what was actually said

If you havent listened to the radio interview i hope you will
He says catagorically in that that he isnt moaning about the club, and hes more than happy to be here,just the unfortunate position we are in now, whereas if we could have done things differently we could be pushing for top 7

Theres no malice in telling the truth,and we all know the situation,it isnt all some great conspiracy cover up is it?
People are saying hes been lied to,and goal posts are being moved,where is there any evidence of that?

He was told before he took the job exactly where we were/are,there was money available in January just not enough for the players we really needed,and a few that fell through,it happens

This is not JL part two by any means,just a manager that sees what could have been had we had the money to make it happen
We havent so move on ,and thats what hes doing

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Pretty sure 'say it to my face and not behind a keyboard' is pretty common on here, which I was effectively doing. But noted.
Less common than you claim. And certainly not pushing for contact details.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah but what happens if they’d have brought their dad with them and he was bigger than your dad?

The audacity of saying GON needed to grow a pair then offering a straightener to someone on a forum, comedy gold
You are actually hilarious.

Do you know how many stories we hear about you on here about what goes on at your 'local' and how you have supposedly sorted people out or a 'mate'. Search 'local' by SteveBullsKnee if people want a laugh, over 10 pages of you using the word, admittedly not all in the same context.

And who can forget your WWE moves to stop a troublemaker at Sunday League!

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Do you know how many stories we hear about you on here about what goes on at your 'local' and how you have supposedly sorted people out or a 'mate'. Search 'local' by SteveBullsKnee if people want a laugh, over 10 pages of you using the word, admittedly not all in the same context.

never offered someone out on a forum though. Thankfully I don’t need the comfort blanket of a keyboard. You should try some real world living

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When I lived up North and was skint and couldn't attend games, Molmix was a lifeline for me to the Wolves supporters, to read people's views and news and their match reports. Fantastic! I'd follow match day comms and feel at least a little bit involved, and listen to Mikey Burrows after that started, and sync it with molmix commentary. Erik was great in keeping us all up to date.

I first started following Wolves in about 1974/5, don't know why, me n my mum had moved around the country as she was Norwegian and keeping a roof over our heads, so we had no geographical ties anywhere. But, I had my first love and it was Wolves, and that has always been the case. I moved to Birmingham in 83 to be close to Wolves, good timing, and again to the West Midlands in 2022 for the same reason.

I love going down towards the Subway and Molineux. It still feels as special as it did when I was a kid and later when I'd have a pint in the Fox. I love seeing all the Wolves fans. And when I see the kids, I think of when I was their age and how I hope their lifelong journey with Wolves brings as much joy as it has for me.

I am lucky I can go these days, and I never take that for granted.

Being a Wolves fan has brought the Sherpa Van and our car and ourselves being smashed up at Luton; it's brought the season when we froze and Albion went up, and it's brought Nuno and Neves. The youngsters under Danny Batth, who never gave up. It's brought losing to Villa last weekend and beating Man City earlier on. It's brought friendships and experiences that are a key part of who I am.

We've all got our stories on here, our hard times and good times. Being a Wolves fan brings us together in something shared, and that's good.

I think we are in danger of losing what's great about football, about sport, if we forget the romance, the excitement, the belief. When I was a kid and even now as an adult, losing ruins my weekend to a greater or lesser extent, but on Tuesday I'm looking forward to the next match. I think the most depressing thing about recent years hasn't been Fosun's reluctance to get a striker in January; it hasn't been Shi's mistakes; it hasn't even been losing Nuno and suffering Lage and Lopetegui. It's been how us, Wolves fans, never seem to think it's enough. Why do we leap eagerly onto our failures and not keep things in balance? Morgan....out....Fosun....out.......every manager.....out.....

Molmix is still a great forum, but God it can be depressing. Maybe we can find a balance, vent at the time, see some positives in a bit, complain occasionally, support mostly. Apologies for a long post, but hey, it's a forum. We've got a tiny squad with a big heart. I love that. Always Wolves ay we, never do things the easy way. Let's hammer West ham.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
never offered someone out on a forum though. Thankfully I don’t need the comfort blanket of a keyboard. You should try some real world living
No you just make up stories about how tough you and your pals are :D

Anyway, I've fallen for the trap, well done.

Let's get this back on track and discuss about Fosun.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Disrespectful to a fellow Wolves fan and a top poster. Don't you think it's time to step back from the keyboard and listen to some music or something?

I'm off out for a walk. Last night was not cool, maybe people should just chill. And that's not patronising, I need to do that a lot too.

Last edited:

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When I lived up North and was skint and couldn't attend games, Molmix was a lifeline for me to the Wolves supporters, to read people's views and news and their match reports. Fantastic! I'd follow match day comms and feel at least a little bit involved, and listen to Mikey Burrows after that started, and sync it with molmix commentary. Erik was great in keeping us all up to date.

I first started following Wolves in about 1974/5, don't know why, me n my mum had moved around the country as she was Norwegian and keeping a roof over our heads, so we had no geographical ties anywhere. But, I had my first love and it was Wolves, and that has always been the case. I moved to Birmingham in 83 to be close to Wolves, good timing, and again to the West Midlands in 2022 for the same reason.

I love going down towards the Subway and Molineux. It still feels as special as it did when I was a kid and later when I'd have a pint in the Fox. I love seeing all the Wolves fans. And when I see the kids, I think of when I was their age and how I hope their lifelong journey with Wolves brings as much joy as it has for me.

Being a Wolves fan has brought the Sherpa Van and our car and ourselves being smashed up at Luton; it's brought the season when we froze and Albion went up, and it's brought Nuno and Neves. The youngsters under Danny Batth, who never gave up. It's brought losing to Villa last weekend and beating Man City earlier on. It's brought friendships and experiences that are a key part of who I am.

We've all got our stories on here, our hard times and good times. Being a Wolves fan brings us together in something shared, and that's good.

I think we are in danger of losing what's great about football, about sport, if we forget the romance, the excitement, the belief. When I was a kid and even now as an adult, losing ruins my weekend to a greater or lesser extent, but on Tuesday I'm looking forward to the next match. I think the most depressing thing about recent years hasn't been Fosun's reluctance to get a striker in January; it hasn't been Shi's mistakes; it hasn't even been losing Nuno and suffering Lage and Lopetegui. It's been how us, Wolves fans, never seem to think it's enough. Why do we leap eagerly onto our failures and not keep things in balance? Morgan....out....Fosun....out.......every manager.....out.....

Molmix is still a great forum, but God it can be depressing. Maybe we can find a balance, vent at the time, see some positives in a bit, complain occasionally, support mostly. Apologies for a long post, but hey, it's a forum. We've got a tiny squad with a big heart. I love that. Always Wolves ay we, never do things the easy way. Let's hammer West ham.

I think you're missing the key point.

"I think we are in danger of losing what's great about football, about sport, if we forget the romance, the excitement, the belief"

We all had that in January. We were dreaming of a day out at Wembley, and, who knows, potentially even winning the FA Cup. We were dreaming about Europe.

There was something special with this team, manager and fans. People were back in love with the club. A connection we hadn't had since Nuno, and it was ripped out in January with that window.

To make matters worse, Fosun didn't even have to do anything. If we kept the same squad, we'd probably be in a semi-final. They made us worse and they keep implying FFP is an issue, when it isn't (check the figures).

That's why there's anger. You may have been right in the past, but this season everything was enough. It was in place, and everyone was buzzing.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No you just make up stories about how tough you and your pals are :D

Anyway, I've fallen for the trap, well done.

Let's get this back on track and discuss about Fosun.
Never once said I was tough (feel free to trawl through and find that out). In fact I’m a pussy cat. Brought up and live in what can be a tough area and I’ll always defend myself, my family and those dear to me like anyone would.

Not offered anyone out on a football forum though. I mean, at best that’s just daft isn’t it

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never once said I was tough (feel free to trawl through and find that out). In fact I’m a pussy cat. Brought up and live in what can be a tough area and I’ll always defend myself, my family and those dear to me like anyone would.

Not offered anyone out on a football forum though. I mean, at best that’s just daft isn’t it
Hahaha okay

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disrespectful to a fellow Wolves fan and a top poster. Don't you think it's team to step back from the keyboard and listen to some music or something?

I'm off out for a walk. Last night was not cool, maybe people should just chill. And that's not patronising, I need to do that a lot too.
Broad shoulders mate, probably cos I’m as hard as nails. Think Arnie and Jason Statham in a wolves shirt

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Which is why I said, didn't have the money, or FFP/PSR or the deals didn't make sense, they're all financial reasons.
Of course they have money. Fosun have lots and lots of money. If the financial reasons are in part owing to strict internal policy set by Fosun, i.e. they could inject capital but refuse to out of a strict internal policy to be financially sustainable... well, as noble as that goal is on paper, it that doesn't stack up very nice to the optics of academy players starting who were previously primed for moves to League One clubs, and valuable seniors being flogged to the point of serious injury. If they have money, but the "deals didn't make sense", whose fault is that? That's why it has been an important (and frustratingly opaque) endeavour, to find out why we our squad is ultimately in such straits. We're not a Forest or an Everton, but we have our own unique mess to sift through. Who ultimately brought this about?

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

TBF, I think the Mix is ultimately quite balanced (and how). The happy claps think the pant wetters are overbearing, while the pant wetters think the same in kind. I think it tends to balance out roughly, though I agree the overall mood can be overwhelming in certain moments, and drama between individuals can get tiresome.

The general consensus is usually accurate. For example, nobody know thinks Gary has done anything less than a magnificent job in the circumstances. The general consensus long term is that while Wolves started like a house on fire under Fosun, there have been undeniably diminishing returns. The more critical posters will want to know what's being done to prevent the worst-case scenario, while the faithful have faith that those things are taking place behind the scenes.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We all had that in January. We were dreaming of a day out at Wembley, and, who knows, potentially even winning the FA Cup. We were dreaming about Europe.

There was something special with this team, manager and fans. People were back in love with the club. A connection we hadn't had since Nuno, and it was ripped out in January with that window.

If people feel like they've lost the connection they had with this team simply because we lost one game, then I'm afraid I wouldn't really see them as supporters - just temporary fans whose "connection" is lent to the club on the short-term condition that we win games.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If people feel like they've lost the connection they had with this team simply because we lost one game, then I'm afraid I wouldn't really see them as supporters - just temporary fans whose "connection" is lent to the club on the short-term condition that we win games.
That's not how it works. Winning games builds a connection, it's the same everywhere, it's not just Wolves.

Was the club, the mood around it, and all about Wolves the same after Nuno left and when Lage came in? Clearly not.

You work on building that, and it took O'Neil months of outstanding work to have us in that position. The fact he is talking like he did last night suggests he feels it's going as well.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course they have money. Fosun have lots and lots of money. If the financial reasons are in part owing to strict internal policy set by Fosun, i.e. they could inject capital but refuse to out of a strict internal policy to be financially sustainable... well, as noble as that goal is on paper, it that doesn't stack up very nice to the optics of academy players starting who were previously primed for moves to League One clubs, and valuable seniors being flogged to the point of serious injury. If they have money, but the "deals didn't make sense", whose fault is that? That's why it has been an important (and frustratingly opaque) endeavour, to find out why we our squad is ultimately in such straits. We're not a Forest or an Everton, but we have our own unique mess to sift through. Who ultimately brought this about?
The same people who brought and bought us 6 years of top flight football for the first time in 48 years?

Last edited:

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's not how it works. Winning games builds a connection, it's the same everywhere, it's not just Wolves.

Was the club, the mood around it, and all about Wolves the same after Nuno left and when Lage came in? Clearly not.

You work on building that, and it took O'Neil months of outstanding work to have us in that position. The fact he is talking like he did last night suggests he feels it's going as well.

Of course the mood was different - my point is it should take more than 1-2 games to lose that connection.

We've had a thread today saying the players aren't showing any heart, for example.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do they have lots of money? They have LOTS of debts they are just about servicing and have been asset stripping for quite a while to service that debt. They’re talking now about concentrating on their “core” businesses (presumably the ones that are making money) while de-Investing in their none core business. We’re of course a tiny part of Fosun and they get a certain amount of none monetised return from us by owning a club in the most watched league in football.

My personal opinion is they won’t sell in the short to medium term because they owe so much and we’d bring in so little, but as an investment they won’t be pumping in the sums they have already.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is though is it?

GON made comments that the depth of squad was too small, lowest depth out of 91 clubs….. I said squad built on foundation of sand after starting 11 . So GON agrees with me!!!!

The point he criticised/mocks for saying predictions on injuries….. GON told fosun he needed players as injuries would go up….. - GON told fosun that injuries were going to go up due to work load.

So actually, GON has vindicated my points as on the same day he said EXACTLY what I have……

so it wasn’t a “great post” as to mock/have a go at me like he did, means he now needs to go after GON with that same energy!!! As he said the same as me!!!
Yes…..it was a great post. Period.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes…..it was a great post. Period.

Even though bar the deserved comments about my previous GON posts.

Everything he said I was wrong about was Infact backed up by GON……

So you could only like it for the opening part as the rest of his post was wrong in the eyes of the gaffer…….

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The same people who brought and bought us 6 years of top flight football for the first time in 48 years?
Ugh. This is the same boring non-sequitur that keeps cropping up. Fosun's early excellence does not make them immune from reproach for their more recent ponderousness. Wolves should be an established Premier League side - they were known throughout the land as arguably the ultimate sleeping giant, and that is mostly down to mismanagement by previous tenures. Barring a few good seasons, we have massively underachieved in the past few decades.

If Fosun sell us at the end of the season, they'd have taken a lower mid-table Championship side and left them as... a lower mid-table Premier League side. Don't get me wrong, I'll take it (and the highlights with it), but let's not equivocate it to Jesus coming down from the mount. It's been a mixed bag really.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ugh. This is the same boring non-sequitur that keeps recurring on here. Fosun's early brilliance does not make them immune from reproach for their more recent performance. Wolves should be an established Premier League side - they were known throughout the land as arguably the ultimate sleeping giant, and that is mostly down to mismanagement by previous tenures.

If Fosun sell us at the end of the season, they'd have taken a lower mid-table Chamoionship side and left them as... a lower mid-table Premier League side. Don't get me wrong, I'll take it and the highlights with it, but let's not equivocate it to Jesus coming down from the mount.
I'm not saying they're immune to criticism, there are a lot sleeping giants who can claim should be established PL sides, should means nothing.

Plenty of clubs our size in the second and third tier.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

So you could only like it for the opening part as the rest of his post was wrong in the eyes of the gaffer…….
GON didn't make any huge revelations last night, you're right the squad is too small, the point is that this isn't new news, everyone has known this all season!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

My position stands. I won’t debate you as you will argue til the cows come home.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not saying they're immune to criticism, there are a lot sleeping giants who can claim should be established PL sides, should means nothing.

Plenty of clubs our size in the second and third tier.
I don't think there's a single club in the third tier of our size, with Derby being the closest. The big clubs in the second tier (the Sheffield Wednesdays, the Leicesters, soon to be Everton) are a unique corollary of modern football. They overspent at the top, exploded, some have especially suffered during the pandemic and then declined.

Wolves' underachievement circa 1990s-2010s wasn't because of that. It was because of under investment (from the Morgans) and misinvestment (Sir Jack and the Golden Tit), or a combination of the two (Sir Jack shutting off the taps the minute we went up). There was never really a strong plan or vision in place (except maybe the "young and hungry" slogan popularised under MM). It feels a bit like that with Fosun at times.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GON didn't make any huge revelations last night, you're right the squad is too small, the point is that this isn't new news, everyone has known this all season!

Also the challenge of it being impossible to predict the injury rate going up……
Was told it couldn’t be done by multiple posters when they challenged me……..

Turns out GON not only predicted it, he told fosun this!

I was challenged and told I was wrong for saying we had a good 11, but the house (squad) was built on a foundation of sand as the squad wasn’t there. He said it must be one of the thinnest in the EFL out of the 91 clubs…….

So my post that got jumped on was vindicated in less than 4 hours by the gaffer.

We agree, on the tone and content mate, I have said this a few times. It is more that he made the same points I have been criticised for making

Back
Top Bottom