Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Will Fosun realise?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He knew the financial constraints he was working to when he took the,job.
So what was all that December and January talk about bringing in 2 or 3 players and prioritising a central striker ?
I am pretty sure it was implied the team would be strengthened in January after the Summer clear out of the expensive players. .

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course he is, but this problem was in January.

He bottled standing up to them when something could be done. Imagine if he had called them out after beating the **** in the FA Cup! They would've acted.

Instead, he insisted everything was fine and even burnt his bridges with Sasa and Fabio.

Now, it's a problem.

It's a minor issue really, I'm glad he's finally grown a pair but I wish he did it when it mattered as it could've changed things.

What does he achieve from doing this now? Apart from throwing Chiwome under the bus?
Tbf, I agreed at the time with both Lage & Lopetegui speaking out against the board for lack of investment, but in hindsight, it didn't get them what they wanted in the end.

They had to invest when Lopetegui joined as they knew their investment of Premier League football was at risk sitting rock bottom at Christmas. With our league position under GON, I think they're more than happy not investing and taking 10th over 7th / the possibility of a cup.

I'm sure GON was more than pleading behind the scenes for that extra £1m to be spent on Yuri Alberto in January, with FOSUN & Jeff controlling what is spent & what isn't, it was never going to happen unfortunately - & I don't believe that would've changed if he bought it up with the media in Jan.

I'm not happy about it, but can only hope now that Hobbs & GON can build a stronger team in the summer, whether they're restricted by the board above them or not.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He knew the financial constraints he was working to when he took the,job.

He also like JLO had goal posts moved on him in regards to a striker……

So he is now suffering because of the club not delivering the striker he was told he would get if he let both Sasa and Fabio go.

So yes he knew the constraints when he signed, but that doesn’t change what happened in Jan!

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sadly mate, I destroyed myself mentally…… being a carer is very isolating, so to lose him let alone in the way we did. Was a double whammy!!!

My counsellor is top notch! Takes no **** and gives tough love which helps me!

I cannot take back what I said…… i talked around it in a previous post where i manned up and said i made mistakes.

But i think, and justified in their thinking as i was vitriolic to GON that I am a raving loon…. Who was a complete **** for just being a knobs sake……. But I think it is time people knew where I was so we can try to move past it as a person in a bad place making silly and bad choices that they regret in hindsight that if they weren’t in that space would have happened to that level!

As in my own career post football, I am all about giving people a break or hiring someone to grow into a role! So my approach there doesn’t match my professional outlook and approach! So i really wasn’t close to a rational or a person who should have been on a forum! But you often don’t see it till it’s too late and you do something publicly you cannot take back….. and I did that……

I won’t talk about it again, the shame and contrition for my posts are there on a few posts in a previous thread! I said those nasty things about GON! I cannot take them back! I deserve people having negative opinions of me from them. I can only ask people let me earn some respect back as I wasn’t in a great space or a person I am proud of!
Don’t beat yourself up so much about previous GON posts. Back in August it was an appointment that took us all by surprise and certainly up to and including the Ipswich defeat, it looked like it could be a really poor appointment. Indeed, post Ipswich many posters said that a heavy defeat in the next game home to Man City should see him gone.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbf, I agreed at the time with both Lage & Lopetegui speaking out against the board for lack of investment, but in hindsight, it didn't get them what they wanted in the end.

They had to invest when Lopetegui joined as they knew their investment of Premier League football was at risk sitting rock bottom at Christmas. With our league position under GON, I think they're more than happy to not investment and take 10th over 7th / the possibility of a cup.

I'm sure GON was more than pleading behind the scenes for that extra £1m to be spent on Yuri Alberto in January, with FOSUN & Jeff controlling what is spent & what isn't, it was never going to happen unfortunately - & I don't believe that would've changed if he bought it up with the media in Jan.

I'm not happy about it, but can only hope now that Hobbs & GON can put together a stronger team in the summer, whether they're restricted by the board or not.

Fair enough but I think moaning in January would've made a difference. Is his stock ever going to be higher with the Wolves fans than after the cup game? It was time to call their bluff.

Either way, speaking now doesn't change anything, but I am glad he's done it, even if he should've done so before.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"It's a tough situation and there is a bit of me that's disappointed because we've come so far in the league and got into such an unbelievable situation, and then the injuries have caught up with us," he said after the draw at Turf Moor.

"The good thing from my point of view is that we did flag it to the club really clearly in January, and Matt Hobbs to be fair to him. He was very supportive and understanding.

"I was clear with them that we were overloading the players and I felt our injury record had a really good chance of getting worse during the second half of the season.

"On top of that, I also flagged how short we were in attacking positions and if we suffered even a couple of injuries to the top line if would make a huge difference to what we were able to produce.

"Unfortunately, the club were not in a position to be able to help us with that due to financial reasons.

"We had a Premier League number nine lined up to come in and help us and a fairly small amount of money stopped us doing it.

"The situation the club is in is showing now. You can see now why the aim at the start of the season was to stay in the Premier League.

"We have some unbelievable players but if you lose a couple, I'm trying to pick a starting XI from 12 fit senior outfield players.

"I would doubt there's another club in the other 91 in the country that are down that low.

"The point of all that, is that the group are out on their feet and deserve massive credit. To fight like they do, they deserve huge credit, with 42 points surpassing last year's total with eight games to go.

"It's an incredible effort from a special group of players that have given a lot to the club this year."

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To put people in the picture of where my life was…….

I am currently going through testing to see if I have autism, believed to be Asperger’s (wait time in my trust is crap)

In the week before GON was appointed, my childhood best friend and best man at my wedding committed suicide, he had gambling debts that we didn’t know about and the morning of the day he killed himself i didn’t loan him the money he asked for.

When you are a carer like I am, it is hard to keep friends as people don’t understand the pressures of being a carer while balancing trying to have a career. He stood by me, looked out for me and was always there for me. He was also a wolves fan…..

So to lose him, knowing that I couldn’t help
Him in his hour of need killed me! I was already struggling at the time, but was holding on mentally thanks to my counsellor, she is awesome (if you need help get one! They are worth their weight in gold). But losing him crushed me! Made me feel guilt and shame I couldn’t help him in his hour of need.

My London based football mates didn’t know, what was going on so they wanted to have some banter, didn’t know the damage it did to me…….. I have never guilt tripped them as in another time I would have laughed it off….. but I wasn’t in a rational place and my escape of wolves seemed in chaos at a time I needed stability….. not great but it was what it was…..

I took my pain out on here on GON…… he didn’t deserve it, I shared my horror and regret for that time in later posts. I shared I was too trusting of mates who were on the wind up which was a massive mistake, but I wasn’t well.

All I can say is everyone, please for the love of god know you are never alone!!!! Reach out for help, it is a strength and not a weakness!!!

We all love wolves, see the world differently and some see positives where others see negatives.

We might disagree, but we all love wolves. It just comes across differently
Stay strong, mate.

You have been through the mill. Hopefully, you have come out the other side and are feeling stronger.

Wolves are an outlet for you and also for many other people.

I wish you well.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Breach of contract from GON tonight!

Disciplinary action to follow.

I have it on good authority that it is clearly contractually stipulated that the answer is always:

'Yes, Jeff.'

With an article to come out in the e&s on the free section so everyone sees it that an anonymous source called the alias of seff jhi that GON is rude, unapproachable and at times scary to be around…….

Like the last few managers that left

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who's the Prem League number 9 or was that Yuri?
I do enjoy a good mystery. Maybe Ings? Or an advance fee on Che Adams' expiring contract? I know he's not currently a PL number 9 but he has been in recent seasons.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do enjoy a good mystery. Maybe Ings? Or an advance fee on Che Adams' expiring contract? I know he's not currently a PL number 9 but he has been in recent seasons.

Wasn’t ings…… I know that for a fact! What they wanted wasn’t a small sum of money!!!!!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Southampton wanted £5m for Adams….. that I know from someone at another club who enquired, but didn’t want to pay it upfront as Soton wanted the fee in Jan and not half now half in the summer

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I have WhatsApp’d a good friend at Chelsea, but I think he always wanted London as he is settled and wants to stay near his family and friends…..

I am leaning towards che Adams based on what I know about Southampton trying to sell him, but publicly making it look like they weren’t

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I have WhatsApp’d a good friend at Chelsea, but I think he always wanted London as he is settled and wants to stay near his family and friends…..

I am leaning towards che Adams based on what I know about Southampton trying to sell him, but publicly making it look like they weren’t
They wanted 6m for him with 6 months left im not sure they wanted to sell him they need him for there promotion push.

Nivada

Reaction score
'Couldn't' pay not wouldn't, very clear distinction there.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's also remember that Broja would have cost us ZERO.

He would've played the games to ensure we paid nothing. So they weren't even prepared to risk a fee.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They wanted 6m for him with 6 months left im not sure they wanted to sell him they need him for there promotion push.

Was 5m in the last few days of the window, believe me SuperGran, this is from a person who has never steered me wrong. They started touting him around for 7m in October!!!!

He has said no promotion for the club, he won’t stay. They didn’t want to lose the money, so the price kept dropping g through Jan…… they need the money if they don’t get promoted so to lose him on a free is a hit to their finances they didn’t plan for

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When did the club start leaking that they’d moved the goalposts last season? About a month before the end of the season I think.

I’m perfectly content not to spend massive transfer fees but I do expect us to be competitive next season and that is about giving GON the squad he needs. I’m hoping that tonight’s statement from GON is just a way of reminding FOSUN that we need to spend money in the summer rather than the start of his resignation letter.

I for one will be extremely ****ed off if we have the same shenanigans from the club and they won’t be able to deflect blame onto the head coach as they have done the last 3 occasions.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly mate.
For what could have been just a -4/-6 deduction
I think you might well be surprised by how much profit the club makes this season, when the figures come out.

As I have been trying to write about the last couple of days, these decisions have very little to do with Wolves or the
club's interests. Fosun are in a mess and have now shifted to the totally unworkable idea of the club becoming
self-sustaining, a major financial downgrade in terms of the club's possibilities.

Very likely that this is Oneil on his way out.

Another stage of worst case scenario coming to fruition.

Well done, Fosun.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder how the players are going to take public statements from the coach that they are being flogged to injury level.

Not how you run a proper football club. Fosun, previously intelligent in most of their actions, are becoming stupid and desperate.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder how the players are going to take public statements from the coach that they are being flogged to injury level.

Not how you run a proper football club. Fosun, previously intelligent in most of their actions, are becoming stupid and desperate.

The spending last Jan, wasn’t planned or even wanted by fosun!

It was done to save their investment.

The summer reactionary fire sale.

Fosun seem to be very reactionary and not proactive in their squad planning and management of the playing squad

SingleMalt

Reaction score
I think you might well be surprised by how much profit the club makes this season, when the figures come out.

As I have been trying to write about the last couple of days, these decisions have very little to do with Wolves or the
club's interests. Fosun are in a mess and have now shifted to the totally unworkable idea of the club becoming
self-sustaining, a major financial downgrade in terms of the club's possibilities.

Very likely that this is Oneil on his way out.

Another stage of worst case scenario coming to fruition.

Well done, Fosun.
Has anybody seen Dingle Chris? I just wanna have a quiet word with him…

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will they give way to GON in the summer and get our senior numbers up without the last minute excuses?
If not I honestly think we will struggle to keep hold of GON. West Ham, Newcastle. Everton, Man U or even England may come knocking and buy him out.
We will take Rob Edwards and prey for another miracle season.

Back
Top Bottom