Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wigan at home on Valentines day

ginboomerang

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Valentines day has no significance in my choice to swerve the Wigan game. I've done Brighton, Cardiff and Wigan away night games this season plus every Saturday away game with no complaint from the wife, just support and understanding which is remarkable considering the length of time I've been doing it and the condition I often get myself into. The Wigan away game was a horror show and to me, the home fixture is one of the lesser attractive games that I've sacrificed to spend time with her. I won't be swerving any more games.

R

reanswolf

I fear the lowest gate of the season for this, a terrible atmosphere, and a defeat.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not going. Rightly or wrongly, my wife said if you need to ask then there's something wrong. Four other home games and Liverpool away recently. While I don't necessarily buy into the day itself, it doesn't harm to compromise occasionally.

E

Essex Wolf

I really don't understand, it's one day, it's all sentimental claptrap and a money making machine for a lot of business' , the same as mothers/Father's Day etc I don't buy into any of it
This. I've been married 36yrs this July and love my wife as much now as I always have. I don't need one day out of all the others in a year to tell or show her. And she loves me as well but then again being a bronzed Adonis like God makes it easy for her.:D

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm in a brand new relationship which is going really well. She's not in to football, and although she is quite understanding I'm sure it would go down like a cup of cold sick if I went to the match. History tells me it would be brought up and used in evidence for eternity should I chose the match over her.
Ladies and gentlemen of the Mix ... I call upon you to advise me on my dilemma. In the words of The Clash .... Should I say or should I go now??
Bit saft but I'd play it safe fella, the Wolves aren't going anywhere

F

FLEET WOLF

I'm in a brand new relationship which is going really well. She's not in to football, and although she is quite understanding I'm sure it would go down like a cup of cold sick if I went to the match. History tells me it would be brought up and used in evidence for eternity should I chose the match over her.
Ladies and gentlemen of the Mix ... I call upon you to advise me on my dilemma. In the words of The Clash .... Should I say or should I go now??
In that case, don't go to the match (but go next year, if we have a game on Valentine's Day!).

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If you sacrifice football so early in the relationship you're setting yourself up for this to be an expectation moving forwards. If you really want to go to the match, just go. If she's not a **** she won't moan. It's a Tuesday, spend time together at the weekend instead.

#DearDeidre

D

Deleted member 4382

Just go to the match.
If she bombs you off then she is bobbins anyway. If you give in now, you will set a dangerous precedent...

"Where are you going love?"
"Wolves are away at Blues tonight"
"Like **** they are"

I can hear the moaning already.

D

Deleted member 4023

Just go to the match.
If she bombs you off then she is bobbins anyway. If you give in now, you will set a dangerous precedent...

"Where are you going love?"
"Wolves are away at Blues tonight"
"Like **** they are"

I can hear the moaning already.

You could always bring her a romantic kebab & chips & a bottle of Lambrusco home

D

Deleted member 4382

You could always bring her a romantic kebab & chips & a bottle of Lambrusco home
have to type quickly, she's sat next to me working... the last thing she needs is another bloody kebab (not sure which emoji to use!!!)

D

Deleted member 4023

My wifes birthday when we play Newcastle - I'm already in the doghouse - one more games not going to make much difference (at least thats the way I see it) . Anyway, why change the habits of a lifetime - stick to what you know.
Wenlock - you'll be telling us soon that you're stopping in because you have to wash your hair :D

Back
Top Bottom