Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Why Life (& Football) is Brilliant

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
About 6 months ago my 10 yr old daughter hurt her foot playing football. She loves football, absolutely loves it. Plays for our town (which I coach). She’d miss a match & rest it and then play, then after a while the pain would come back. We went to the docs umpteen times & got fobbed off to ice it, ibuprofen etc. This went on for months.
Then the summer came and we thought lots of rest and it would get better, but it didn’t. It got worse. More doctors, more minor injuries clinic, more frustration. Long story short, she now can barely walk without crutches and we’re waiting on a consultant and an MRI but I’ve had to spend 6 hours in A&E with her this week to force them to take notice. (Not the NHS fault they are under mad pressure).
My daughter has become increasingly withdrawn and unhappy. It’s affected her sleep, her friendships (as she can’t run & play) and even her weight as she can’t exercise.
It’s also badly affected me, as seeing my daughter go through this really hurts. It’s even affected my marriage. I’ve tried so hard to cheer her up, but as time goes on she’s getting more and more down. :(

Just when we were all getting really glum however…

…she’s just bumped into Joao Moutinho & Jose Sa at the shops. Joao is her favourite player and all round hero. She told Joao about her foot and he told her it’ll be ok and it happens to all footballers, so don’t worry. Huge smile all over her face. A smile I’ve not seen so big since Easter.

Life is weird sometimes and football is weirder. I literally couldn’t have wished for anything better to cheer her up.

Thank you Joao, you just made a massive difference to a little girls well-being. Absolute legend.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
About 6 months ago my 10 yr old daughter hurt her foot playing football. She loves football, absolutely loves it. Plays for our town (which I coach). She’d miss a match & rest it and then play, then after a while the pain would come back. We went to the docs umpteen times & got fobbed off to ice it, ibuprofen etc. This went on for months.
Then the summer came and we thought lots of rest and it would get better, but it didn’t. It got worse. More doctors, more minor injuries clinic, more frustration. Long story short, she now can barely walk without crutches and we’re waiting on a consultant and an MRI but I’ve had to spend 6 hours in A&E with her this week to force them to take notice. (Not the NHS fault they are under mad pressure).
My daughter has become increasingly withdrawn and unhappy. It’s affected her sleep, her friendships (as she can’t run & play) and even her weight as she can’t exercise.
It’s also badly affected me, as seeing my daughter go through this really hurts. It’s even affected my marriage. I’ve tried so hard to cheer her up, but as time goes on she’s getting more and more down. :(

…she’s just bumped into Joao Moutinho & Jose Sa at the shops. Joao is her favourite player and all round hero. She told Joao about her foot and he told her it’ll be ok and it happens to all footballers, so don’t worry. Huge smile all over her face. A smile I’ve not seen so big since Easter.

Life is weird sometimes and football is weirder. I literally couldn’t have wished for anything better to cheer her up.

Thank you Joao, you just made a massive difference to a little girls well-being. Absolute legend.

Lovely story, mate. Hope your daughter is better soon.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely brilliant thank you for sharing that story with us
Wishing your daughter a speedy recovery
Thanks mate. I just thought it was nice to spread some positivity sometimes.
Also showed me how far we’ve come as a club to meet your world class Portugal legend hero down the shops.
I’d have been made up to see Robbie Dennison as a kid!

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That's a lovely story, mate, and obviously, all the very best to your daughter. Some of my happiest memories are watching my daughter play football - her junior team played in yellow & black and then she went to Sheffield Uni where the women's team also played in yellow and black.

All the best to her for the next few years. And to you - it's bloody cold on that touchline in February...

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great news and hopefully your daughters foot gets better soon.

I also saw Sa this morning in tettenhall village, seems i fun character,

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score

Great story hope she gets better soon.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Something so little to the players means so much to the kids... yet some have no time for anyone. I'm glad that Joao is a good guy and took the time to make a little girl's day. Hope that your daughter is fit and back out playing soon.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
X
Apart from her injury that’s a great story and I hope she makes a full recovery. I presumed she was X-rayed……how did it get worse if she has no small bone fractures?
Great that Joao was able to lift her spirits.
X-rayed twice now. First they didn’t pick anything up, now they think there’s an issue with a metatarsal so referred for MRI .
It’s been like getting blood from a stone.

Reaction score
What a lovely story! Hope your daughter gets better soon!

João is brilliant isn't he! An absolutely model professional both on and off the pitch.

I had my picture taken with him, I was proper starstruck and really sheepish. But he made me feel really comfortable as he put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me into him...he put his head so close our temples were touching. Made a great photo (of him, I look terrible).

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a lovely story! Hope your daughter gets better soon!

João is brilliant isn't he! An absolutely model professional both on and off the pitch.

I had my picture taken with him, I was proper starstruck and really sheepish. But he made me feel really comfortable as he put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me into him...he put his head so close our temples were touching. Made a great photo (of him, I look terrible)

Sadly I didn’t get to meet them (gutted). I was working.

My wife said Joao was really lovely though and kind to my daughters.

Reaction score
Sadly I didn’t get to meet them (gutted). I was working.

My wife said Joao was really lovely though and kind to my daughters.
I'm not at all surprised that he was kind, he just seems to be that sort of bloke. Totally genuine.
I've met loads of wolves players over the years but he's the one who's attitude I've been most impressed with.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great story. Best wishes to your daughter for a speedy recovery. One thing though, I can never imagine bumping into Wolves players, any pro footballers, down the shops! Must have been your lucky day.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's a lovely story, mate, and obviously, all the very best to your daughter. Some of my happiest memories are watching my daughter play football - her junior team played in yellow & black and then she went to Sheffield Uni where the women's team also played in yellow and black.

All the best to her for the next few years. And to you - it's bloody cold on that touchline in February...
Is your daughter a Dortmund fan?

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great story. Best wishes to your daughter for a speedy recovery. One thing though, I can never imagine bumping into Wolves players, any pro footballers, down the shops! Must have been your lucky day.
He’d taken his kids the same place my wife had taken ours. I won’t say where in case of crazed stalkers (for Joao not the wife).

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sorry to hear about your daughter's injury. You are very forgiving about the NHS mate but TBH the NHS has always been useless on non urgent injuries for us mere mortals.

GuzzWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm sure we all have stories that make us feel glad to be alive, the NHS has its problems like any large organization. I come on here to read about football specifically, and that's not me being unsympathetic, and what a coincidence bumping into half the squad shopping? We could always open a "Just Life" thread ...Anyone got a rope?

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Is your daughter a Dortmund fan?
This is almost as nice a story as Kebab's. When my daughter was 14/15/16 our father/daughter relationship went through some tough times. If it hadn't been for my wife God alone knows what would have happened. She'd grown up a Man United fan (pics of Ronaldo on her bedroom wall) and then one day she comes home from Uni and says, "I'm a Wolves fan. I've been supporting them all season."

We started going to games together when we could get tickets - the first one was the 3-2 win at Hull in the Championship - and now we're really good mates. Text each other before/during/after games etc etc.

She's just bought a house with her boyfriend. Everton fan - so we'd better win next week...

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is almost as nice a story as Kebab's. When my daughter was 14/15/16 our father/daughter relationship went through some tough times. If it hadn't been for my wife God alone knows what would have happened. She'd grown up a Man United fan (pics of Ronaldo on her bedroom wall) and then one day she comes home from Uni and says, "I'm a Wolves fan. I've been supporting them all season."

We started going to games together when we could get tickets - the first one was the 3-2 win at Hull in the Championship - and now we're really good mates. Text each other before/during/after games etc etc.

She's just bought a house with her boyfriend. Everton fan - so we'd better win next week...
That’s awesome mate.

Back
Top Bottom