Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Why is it always the managers fault??

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A massive problem is picking up injuries every match

we haven’t had any consistent team selection and the best sides are always sides that can keep the same 11 for sustained periods

excuses - but the players on the pitch today were absolutely ****ing dreadful

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where Nuno is most culpable is failing to provide for a proper deputy/alternative striker to Jimenez in the squad. That was criminal. Also failing to buy/loan a relatively mature quality central attacking midfielder to play just behind the top 3 or 2. He also made the fateful decision to let Jota go. Big mistake and to sell Doherty for relative peanuts knowing those two made a major contribution to our goals scored column. Too many youngsters signed in one go who are incapable of filling the inevitable gaps that appeared. Trying to change a successful formation without a proper pre season and without the players to implement a new system.

Relying too much on 34 year old Moutinho's legs. Overall having too defensive a mindset. These decisions and the injury to Jimenez have been the reason for our lousy season. I am afraid Nuno had a major part to play in all these bar the actual injury although he flogged Jiminez last season and yet still could not sign a striker after despatching Cutrone in double quick time. An 18 year old colt was never going to be an adequate deputy and he should have realised that.

the 15th Wanderer

Reaction score
On another day Netos chip against Chelsea goes in and Willian scores 2 today then everyone is saying Nuno is a genius. I shouldn't be feeling like I need to defend Nuno he has done more than enough himself
Exactly. Very small margins in football at times. We've played some good stuff at times recently but with no cutting edge. Today palace were similar to us defending in numbers and hoping for a break or some individual brilliance. We are neither great nor crap. Nuno knows what's going wrong he's very honest in his assessment. I expect things to improve. What doesn't help is lot of the even games and some where we have been the better side have gone against us.

the 15th Wanderer

Reaction score
Where Nuno is most culpable is failing to provide for a proper deputy/alternative striker to Jimenez in the squad. That was criminal. Also failing to buy/loan a relatively mature quality central attacking midfielder to play just behind the top 3 or 2. He also made the fateful decision to let Jota go. Big mistake and to sell Doherty for relative peanuts knowing those two made a major contribution to our goals scored column. Too many youngsters signed in one go who are incapable of filling the inevitable gaps that appeared. Trying to change a successful formation without a proper pre season and without the players to implement a new system.

Relying too much on 34 year old Moutinho's legs. Overall having too defensive a mindset. These decisions and the injury to Jimenez have been the reason for our lousy season. I am afraid Nuno had a major part to play in all these bar the actual injury although he flogged Jiminez last season and yet still could not sign a striker after despatching Cutrone in double quick time. An 18 year old colt was never going to be an adequate deputy and he should have realised that.
Some good points but I don't think we could have stood in the way of either Jota or Doc. If people have the chance to double or treble wages and play for Champions league teams they will. It's our current level. Willian Jose apparently had his head turned by big offers last year Sociedad insisted on 70 million buyout and he has had his worst season for them.

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
To be fair over the last few months people at various stages have criticised -

Patricio
Boly
Coady
Saiss
Semedo
Traore
Moutinho
Dendoncker
Podence
Neves
Jeff Shi
John Marshall

Maybe even a few others. It's not just Santo that has been blamed.
Thats 10 players that people on here have said are not up to it this season, also MGW ,cutrone, nouri, and they still blame Nuno and wonder why we've been struggling this season. To many players have been so inconsistent and to put it bluntly s###

Howler

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A team is a reflection of their manager......and if they aren't then the manager is not being listened to which is even worse.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As much as I hate to say it, and this isn't me wanting him sacked, but he is in the territory of him getting sacked purely because the form isn't good enough.

Back
Top Bottom